Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Brendan Swihart (brendans) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Fruita CO
About Me Brendan Swihart has not added a biography yet.
CountryUnited
My Website URLhttp://outlivingblog.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brendan Swihart

Showing 501 - 510 of 614 | Page: 1 ...42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Anodizing local or ship it?
speaking of looks on their face, imagine taking an empty foster's can into a metal shop and asking them to anodize it...

In Make Your Own Gear » Anodizing Aluminum
June 24, 4:47pm

Re: Please help me choose a Cuben Fiber tarp
I recently made a cuben tarp and after much deliberation went with the .75. My reasoning was mostly because of how windy and gusty it can be at times where I spend most of my time (high desert/CO ...

In GEAR » Please help me choose a Cuben Fiber tarp
June 24, 11:25am

Re: New Cuben Backpack
excellent work! the closure is awesome.

In Make Your Own Gear » New Cuben Backpack
June 23, 5:04pm

Re: Help with hikes in Zion/Bryce/Sedona/Arches
You could go to the Needles section of Canyonlands. Tons of trails there that you can link up and make loops of whatever length you want. That's probably your best bet in the area if you'...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Help with hikes in Zion/Bryce/Sedona/Arches
June 23, 3:39pm

Re: wrap
too bad they aren't all connected or you could put a valve in it and be able to deflate it...

In Make Your Own Gear » 2oz pad
June 20, 9:18pm

"Safest (least toxic) fuel source for California alcohol stove"
The Kleen Strip Green denatured alcohol has the highest % of ethanol (label states 90-100) of anything else I've found aside from everclear. It's widely available. edit: looks like will...

In GEAR » Safest (least toxic) fuel source for California alcohol stove
June 15, 7:46am

downproofness of m50
I've used an M50 quilt and down jacket for a few months now and it's definitely not as downproof as m90 and the dwr isn't nearly as good. I still like it but the weight definitely has ...

In Make Your Own Gear » M 50?
June 13, 11:19am

m50 quilt
I made an m50 down quilt with about 9oz down, sewn footbox, 6ft x 50" shoulders and it's around 15oz. I don't think you could get to 12oz with m90 unless you were really cutting it cl...

In GEAR » Quote for custom quilt
June 06, 10:41pm

Re: Steripen users advise
I'd bet that 99% of failures (at least on most recent models) are due to users using poor quality or wrong batteries.

In GEAR » Steripen users advise
June 06, 9:25am

"Sleeping pad?"
I'd check out the new POE Peak Elite AC or if you're willing to wait Kookabay is top notch.

In GEAR » Sleeping pad?
June 06, 6:55am

All Reader Reviews by Brendan Swihart

Brendan Swihart has posted no reviews.