Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 501 - 510 of 932 | Page: 1 ...42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ...94

Forum » Thread

Unsung heroes
*Boonie hat *Thrift store dress shirt *surplus wool liner gloves *Nalgene canteen With the exception of the dress shirt, all these items are in my back for all four seasons. They are the o...

In GEAR » Unsung heroes?
May 04, 1:23pm

Trailcast Podcast
TrailCast was one of the earliest trail-focused podcasts. It is still one of the best. Courtesy of The Wayback Machine, this classic podcast is avail again. If TTS is "Car Talk" then Trai...

In On the Web » Trailcast Podcast
May 03, 8:14am

Little
Not very far to be honest. Ended up cutting down a wash (interesting at times), hooking up a to well worn use trail, schwacked to the gunni and shwacked back to the car. Got sick of looking for an...

In Post-Trip Reports » Down to the River - Dominguez Canyon Backpack
May 02, 10:13pm

Down to the River - Dominguez Canyon Backpack
A weekend backpacking trip to Dominguez Canyon outside of Grand Junction, CO. As I went down in the river to pray  Studying about that good old way  And who shall wear the starry crown ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Down to the River - Dominguez Canyon Backpack
May 02, 6:26pm

Boonie Hat
Look to the left. Ugly, dorky looking...but effective for me. It is what I use anyway. Is it the "best"? Couldn't tell you. I do know it has worked for me. (Including this ...

In GEAR » Sun Hats - Full Brim vs Ball cap with neck cape/bandana
April 30, 9:02pm

Bring the long sleeve
I am a big proponent of a long sleeve shirt for high altitude and desert/dry hiking. Sun protection, bug protectiion and the long sleeves help create your own microclimate in the hot, dry climate....

In GEAR » WIndshirt Vs. Rain jacket
April 26, 8:28pm

IAD
How about IAD? (It all Depends?) I'be been known to pack in a Coleman two burner stove, sausages and beer for a full moon October-fest themed hike... but that may be overkill for the 3.5 ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » day hike pack list
April 23, 10:00pm

The Trail Show #11 - The Hayduke Trail
The Trail Show #11 is live. The Hayduke Trail is our featured trail of the month. Today we bring you Episode #11 – Our Hayduke Trail Show! On this month’s episode we discuss the results of ...

In On the Web » The Trail Show #11 - The Hayduke Trail
April 22, 11:33am

Who gets out more?
The outdoors person gets out he most. They don't worry about silly labels and just experience the outdoors.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Who gets out more, the UL or the BC camper?
April 21, 12:59pm

And the advantages
Ah, but there are advantages..and that's why you are careful. :) Trust me, my buddy is a climbing instructor for the CMC and is know for being conservative with climbing. He's been cli...

In Philosophy & Technique » Knots
April 17, 7:29am

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.