BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 501 - 510 of 829 | Page: 1 ...42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ...83

Forum » Thread

CDT presentation at REI
Just a bump/reminder I'll be the short and bald guy :)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » CDT presentation at REI Nov 12th and 15th (Westminster and Boulder CO)
November 09, 8:19am

Google View
re: Rescuing someome from the couch Being serious, I suspect many people will take their iPhone, a bottle of water, some jerky and call it good. THAT'S what I wonder about in terms of SAR...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » "Google's Street View Goes Into The Wild"
October 24, 1:48pm

Phone tourist
Windshield tourist? So 20th century. Meet phone tourist! Hook your laptop up to your high def TV and 'walk' the AT, Grand Canyon and Everest without leaving the comfort of your room...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » "Google's Street View Goes Into The Wild"
October 24, 12:20pm

CDT presentation at REI Nov 12th and 15th (Westminster and Boulder CO)
Not sure where to stick this announcement...thought it may be of interest Boulder REI — Getting Out on the Continental Divide Trail Date: 11/15/2012 Event Location: Boulder REI Event ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » CDT presentation at REI Nov 12th and 15th (Westminster and Boulder CO)
October 24, 9:12am

Trail Show #5 - The CDT
Episode #5! Today we bring you our Halloween Show - Don't be scared!! In Episode #5 we discuss Mags getting hitched, the Gossamer Gear Minimalist Daypack Giveaway Contest winner, the ALDHA-W...

In On the Web » Trail Show #5 - The CDT
October 21, 10:42pm

mid-layers
Many people are a fan of the OR PL400 fleece mitts: http://www.outdoorresearch.com/en/or-gear/gloves/womens-pl-400-mitts.html A women's M is under 3 oz. Not bad.

In GEAR » gloves/mittens
October 19, 8:21am

Gloves and mittens
Wool liners and a light shell mitt is my GO TO configuration for all seasons. (In winter, I have a thick wool mitt packed JIC, but rarely need it). Find it works quite well for the versatility, ...

In GEAR » gloves/mittens
October 18, 11:04pm

winter hat
Light wool beanie with a polypro balaclava if need be. The balaclava works as a scarf, additional protection for the face and so on. Very versatile. Floating around 0F in this photo on a s...

In GEAR » winter hiking hat
October 17, 9:01am

Closure
Looks like there are sill closures (at least according to the RMNP website) http://www.nps.gov/romo/naturescience/currentfires.htm Probably best to call either way.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Day hike suggestions for Rocky Mountain National Park?
October 12, 10:11am

Fiery Rain
"I've seen fire...I've seen rain". Ah, Mr. James Taylor, have you seen both at the same time?!?!! :D

In Pre-Trip Planning » Day hike suggestions for Rocky Mountain National Park?
October 12, 7:52am

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.