BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 501 - 510 of 725 | Page: 1 ...42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ...73

Forum » Thread

Water Bottle for your biner
:)

In GEAR » Loops on bottom of packs - what for?
May 02, 2:08pm

Pecos Wilderness conditions?
Thinking of doing a loop again in the Pecos over Mem Day Weekend. How are the snow conditions in the Pecos? I know Colorado is very low this year in general not sure about Northern NM. Also no...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Pecos Wilderness conditions?
May 02, 12:12pm

When winter comes...
...out comes the backcountry skis. :) So not hiking, but a different form of transportation. Hut trips and at least one winter backpacking trip.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Are you a seasonal hiker?
May 01, 8:09am

fear of the paddle
My Dad was a sheet metal worker all his working life. His callused, large, claw like hands full of nicks, cuts and the occasional burn marks were far more fearsome than any paddle. Dad also ha...

In Chaff » Study: "One third of parents will not let children do ‘risky activities’ like climbing trees"
April 25, 8:17am

Be Prepared
John, thanks for the kind words. Just some ideas rattling around in my head since taking the class and curious what other people may think. :) Very pleased at all the discussion people are havin...

In Philosophy & Technique » Wilderness First Aid: A backpacker's view
April 24, 11:21am

Packweight is a factor of fear...
...and that includes fear of lawsuit. :) Not arguing with your logic per se, but what is the tipping point between enough and too much? Can we take the lightweight theory of utility and making g...

April 23, 8:51pm

Wilderness First Aid: A backpacker's view
Wilderness First Aid is a basic certification for the assessing, treating and stabilizing of a person's injuries in the backcountry. But how does the (sometimes) gear and equipment focus...

April 23, 8:11pm

Today's children...
The world is passing through troublesome times. The young people of today think of nothing but themselves. They have no reverence for parents or old age. They are impatient of all restraint. The...

In Chaff » Study: "One third of parents will not let children do ‘risky activities’ like climbing trees"
April 23, 8:08am

Bike and Ski
Nice...thanks for sharing! A popular thing to do here in the Boulder area is similar. Bike up the closed Brainard Lake road to the Mitchell TH (always fun at 10k feet), skin up, ski down and bi...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Asphalt and Corn: Biking and Skiing
April 17, 8:25am

Maps.
Take maps! The CT is well marked (overall), but I strongly suggest you take maps. If you are not doing any resupply, the Databook should be fine for planning purposes. To get back to Den...

In Pre-Trip Planning » CT help in May
April 12, 11:53am

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.