Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 501 - 510 of 988 | Page: 1 ...42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ...99

Forum » Thread

Transportation to Hessie
There is no public transit from Nederland to the Hessie TH during the week unfortunately. (Weekends is another story http://www.bouldercounty.org/os/parks/pages/hessie.aspx) However, the RTD sy...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Continental divide trail
July 07, 8:24pm

...or hike off trail
..and if you hike off trail, mileage has less meaning. When you are climbing up steep tundra with some low class 3 scrambling on the talus in places and then bashing through willows, I can assure y...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Ultralight Movement is keeping me from backpacking
July 07, 8:12pm

Start later in the day
Have a leisurely breakfast with the wife, drive up and start later in the day. Camp at dusk. Hike out and grab a late breakfast in town. Makes for what I call 24 hrs in the woods. Sometimes it f...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Ultralight Movement is keeping me from backpacking
July 07, 6:24pm

thx..corrected
The not-so-smart device (aka my brain) missed that one. :)

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Going Stoveless - Cold Food for Thought
July 05, 11:23am

RMNP
First, Nick..thanks for the nice words! ~50 +/- miles sounds like your intended goal? So much to choose from. There's this classic loop of course: http://www.backpacker.com/destin...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Backpacking near major airports?
July 04, 12:51pm

TJs
Mrs Mags is ecstatic over TJs opening here in Boulder. She lived a few years in Flagstaff and became an ardent fan of them. Plus TJs is owned by a German company and apparently TJs stocks som...

July 02, 11:22pm

LCW
>>Is that the LCW High Route in that pic? Indeed it is! Great little route. As for saving weight, I do it as much for simplicity as weight savings. Sometimes, esp by myself, I just want...

July 02, 2:16pm

stoveless
> Stoveless is an option, not a mandate. Indeed! That's what I try to stress to people with most gear choices. "Here's an option; maybe it will work?" This is the second ...

June 28, 1:23pm

steak and eggs
Randy, your photo is why I love that place!!! :)

In Post-Trip Reports » 24 Hours in the Wilderness: Lost Creek Backpacking
June 27, 11:28pm

24 Hours in the Wilderness: Lost Creek Backpacking
A quick overnighter in the Lost Creek Wilderness on the classic Brookside-Payne Creek loop. The Lost Creek Wilderness of Colorado is often my "go to" for early summer backpacks. I...

In Post-Trip Reports » 24 Hours in the Wilderness: Lost Creek Backpacking
June 26, 8:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.