BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 501 - 510 of 876 | Page: 1 ...42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ...88

Forum » Thread

jousting
I'm barely allowed in Boulder only because I am an outdoors person. ;) 1. Think Veganism is the Catholicism of eating - i.e. Makes you feel guilty about enjoying something 2. While I love...

In Gear Lists » Colorado Trail 2013 -- Tentative List
January 22, 1:45pm

Dirt bagger Yak Traxx
Probably best for light hiking, but still interesting. http://www.instructables.com/id/Ice-hiking-with-homemade-shoe-ice-chains/?ALLSTEPS

In Make Your Own Gear » Dirt bagger Yak Traxx
January 21, 9:24pm

Will podcast for beer! :)
Love it... Give us a shout as you get closer. You never know. ;)

In On the Web » The Trail Show #8- The Long Trail
January 21, 1:17pm

The Trail Show #8- The Long Trail
The Trail Show #8 - The Long Trail Happy New Year! Today we bring you Episode #8 - Our first show of 2013. On this month's episode we discuss Mags' recent trip to Chaco Canyon, D-low&...

In On the Web » The Trail Show #8- The Long Trail
January 21, 12:05am

MEC Beanie
My MEC hat I paid $4 CDN for in Calgary a few years ago. Simple fleece hat that it is my all-purpose "go to" hat. Light, warm and, dare I say it, stylish! :)

In GEAR » What's Your Favorite Piece of Gear?
January 10, 5:53pm

It's called climate change, dude
Yes, I've heard about global warming.. But I've also read it is called climate change and has unpredictable weather patterns. If we get a walloping in Colorado with snow in May (as ...

January 09, 7:25am

stoves
Just a slight correction, alcohol stoves (and other non-controlled flamed stoves such as wood burning stoves) were banned in many parts of Colorado for a good chunk of last summer. Does not nece...

January 08, 8:53pm

10th Mtn Hut Trips
On a recent hut trip over Christmas, , we had a couple of new comers who had never been on a hut trip. They were surprised at a few things (such as not needing a sleeping pad). So, I thought ...

In Winter Hiking » 10th Mtn Hut Trips
January 08, 1:23pm

Utah
Go to Canyonlands NP. Relatively easy logistics, not too far of a drive and plenty of options. This would be more March than now. :) IF you feel a little more adventurous, try Canyons ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Need Recommendations for 2-4 day trip
January 08, 7:17am

Natural?
" Also, snowshoes are simpler and a more natural-feeling way to travel." Dunno about that. I personally find snowshoes clunky and un-natural feeling. A bit like a duck! :) A gli...

In Winter Hiking » Updgrade Tele gear or get Snowshoes?
January 08, 12:34am

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.