BPL Community Profile

Kevin Babione (KBabione) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pennsylvania
About Me I live near Lancaster PA and do most of my backpacking in the central and north-central parts of the state.
CityLititz
StatePA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Babione

Showing 501 - 510 of 580 | Page: 1 ...39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Forum » Thread

Watershoes
Someone had posted these a year or so ago... http://www.sprintaquatics.com/prodinfo.asp?number=901 Apologies for not imbedding it... They're cheap ($4.00) and light (53 grams on my sca...

In GEAR » Watershoes
February 06, 5:28pm

Gatewood Cape Video
Chris, Nice video. You may want to consider using your second trekking pole as a lift for one of the additional guyouts (especially in the snow). Here's a photo: I use it at my head...

In Gear Swap » Gatewood Cape video
January 31, 7:21am

Inov-8 Roclite 390 GTX
I have a pair of size 11.5 that I'd like to sell for $60 delivered. They have 30 miles on them (three 10-mile trips...I REALLY wanted to like them). They were just too narrow for my feet. ...

In Gear Swap » FS: Inov-8 Roclite 390 GTX, Size 10
January 22, 6:24pm

Solo Shelter Options
Aaron, Just because you're carrying a poncho-tarp doesn't necessarily mean that you have to use it as your raingear. If carrying the Gatewood Cape is lighter than carrying a tarp/bivy c...

In GEAR » Solo shelter options
January 13, 10:32am

Smaller Tarp
Look, if you haven't already, at the SMD Gatewood Cape. There are lots of posts around if you search. I don't have a bivy and haven't had any problems with getting wet - I simply pitc...

In GEAR » Solo shelter options
January 12, 11:42am

PA Black Forest Trail
I'm planning to do the BFT with my daughter this May when she's home from school. Your pictures and commentary were great, but the number of stream crossings (especially in winter) is way ...

In Post-Trip Reports » PA Black Forest Trail
January 01, 5:57pm

GPS Battery Life
It will obviously matter which GPS you use, but I've found that with 2 Lithium AA batteries I get in excess of 30 hours use with my Garmin GPSMap 60CS. A couple of caveats... - I start...

In GEAR » GPS Battery Usage
January 01, 5:52pm

the mUV
I actually used mine for the first time this past weekend - downsizing from the AquaStar which I love but weighs too much. It worked really well (I didn't get sick) and the light weight was ...

In GEAR » Steripen challenger: half the weight and half the price
November 17, 1:29pm

MLD Cuben Hammock Tarp
Reading these posts can be dangerous... I've been looking at the MLD Cuben Hammock tarp but would love an opinion on a thought I've had: Could that tarp be modified (perhaps with some...

In GEAR » MacCat Deluxe w/bivy
November 04, 10:50am

Re: micro-tensioners and nano-guyline
Ron at Mountain Laurel Designs offers something that looks very similar to the BPL nano setup - Look under shelters at MountainLaurelDesigns.com. I don't think it's quite as light as the...

In GEAR » Gatewood Cape Setup
November 03, 11:56am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Babione

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I'm a big guy and have the Ex Light in XXL - weighs 7.8 ounces. In addition to being a great piece of insulation to wear I've found that I can use it in my hammock as an extra top quilt by op...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
January 03, 1:42pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just finished reading the book - it's an enjoyable and quick read. I've got two weekend trips planned this spring with guys who have never backpacked in their lives. I'm passing the bo...

In Books and Media
March 28, 5:52am