BPL Community Profile

Kevin Babione (KBabione) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pennsylvania
About Me I live near Lancaster PA and do most of my backpacking in the central and north-central parts of the state.
CityLititz
StatePA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Babione

Showing 501 - 510 of 587 | Page: 1 ...40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59

Forum » Thread

Lunar Duo Doors
Nice... I obviously wasn't clear...I believe the doors on my Lunar Duo are both on the same end. I found a photo showing that I'm not losing it: See how both doors are on the left ...

In GEAR » Lunar Duo - Initial Thoughts
March 17, 3:51pm

Lunar Duo Doors
I may be mistaken, but I'm almost positive that the doors on my Lunar Duo are both on the same side. I can't find a photo that proves it, but I'm sure we both crawl in and put our head...

In GEAR » Lunar Duo - Initial Thoughts
March 17, 3:24pm

Montbell fit for big guys
I'm six feet even and tip the scales at around 260. I have a Montbell Ex Light jacket in XXL that fits well, but I've only ever had to put a Patagonia R1 & R2 under it. Montbell ret...

In GEAR » BPL and Montbell fit for big guys
March 17, 3:15pm

Thermarest Lite Seat = Awesome Pillow
Travis, I too love the Lite Seat as my pillow but use a cheap polyester book cover that I "borrowed" from my high school daughter as a pillowcase. It's one of those super-stretchy...

In GEAR » Thermarest Lite Seat= Awesome
March 13, 5:59am

Platy Hoser vs Big Zip
I'm the proud owner of both a 2L Hoser and a 2L Big Zip (along with every possible size Camelbak bladder). There is a weight difference between the two. On my scale: - 2L Hoser = 98 ...

In GEAR » Platy bottles
March 02, 7:28pm

Travel Bikes
Although not a folding bike, Freeman Transport handcrafts "transportable" bikes in the US that disassemble and reassemble with one simple tool. Just another option, but another one t...

In Other Activities » opinions on folding bikes?
March 01, 8:33pm

Susquehannock Trail
Chuck Dillon at Pine Creek Outfitters also has a guide to the Susquehannock Trail that's pretty reasonable at $11.50. Both trails are on my list to do...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Susquehannock Trail or the Quehanna Trail?
February 24, 7:21pm

Watershoes
Someone had posted these a year or so ago... http://www.sprintaquatics.com/prodinfo.asp?number=901 Apologies for not imbedding it... They're cheap ($4.00) and light (53 grams on my sca...

In GEAR » Watershoes
February 06, 5:28pm

Gatewood Cape Video
Chris, Nice video. You may want to consider using your second trekking pole as a lift for one of the additional guyouts (especially in the snow). Here's a photo: I use it at my head...

In Gear Swap » Gatewood Cape video
January 31, 7:21am

Inov-8 Roclite 390 GTX
I have a pair of size 11.5 that I'd like to sell for $60 delivered. They have 30 miles on them (three 10-mile trips...I REALLY wanted to like them). They were just too narrow for my feet. ...

In Gear Swap » FS: Inov-8 Roclite 390 GTX, Size 10
January 22, 6:24pm

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Babione

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I'm a big guy and have the Ex Light in XXL - weighs 7.8 ounces. In addition to being a great piece of insulation to wear I've found that I can use it in my hammock as an extra top quilt by op...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
January 03, 1:42pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just finished reading the book - it's an enjoyable and quick read. I've got two weekend trips planned this spring with guys who have never backpacked in their lives. I'm passing the bo...

In Books and Media
March 28, 5:52am