BPL Community Profile

Rutherford Platt (tunaboy999) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid Atlantic
About Me Rutherford Platt has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListDown to Freezing Gear List for the Rockies and AT

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rutherford Platt

Showing 51 - 60 of 64 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Forum » Thread

A Tale of Two Tents: Skyscape Trekker and Lightheart Solo
An interesting article on a legal blog: http://www.lawlawlandblog.com/2011/09/a_tale_of_two_tents_functional.html It fails to mention that these tents have a common ancestor, the Wanderlust!

In GEAR » A Tale of Two Tents: Skyscape Trekker and Lightheart Solo
September 23, 8:36am

FS: SMD Skyscape Trekker
Seam sealed and in as-new condition. I used it for only a single 4 night trip. Weighs in at 24 ounces after seam sealing and with the stuff sack. $175 shipped CONUS (a new tent costs $240 shippe...

In Gear Swap » FS: SMD Skyscape Trekker
September 11, 8:29pm

Success! New base weight = 9.9#
Again, thanks for all the suggestions. I have successfully brought my base weight below 10# and reduced skin out weight by about 3# since my last 4 night trip. Here's what I did: NIX and...

In Gear Lists » Help me get below 10 pounds
September 11, 11:42am

Re: Nix!
Mike -- Thanks for the tips. A few questions... - Do you just throw everything in the pack without ziploc bags or stuff sacks? - Can you suggest a good brand of thin synthetic running sock? ...

September 07, 7:02pm

Thanks
Thanks everyone... you've definitely given me food for thought. The fact is I really like my steripen, indestructible 3.5oz nalgene, and pot for two. That is why it's so hard to cut the...

September 07, 4:11pm

Help me get below 10 pounds
Hi Everyone, I'm putting the finishing touches on my down-to-freezing Rockies-and-East Coast very comfortable light gear list(see profile). Right now I'm about 5 oz shy of my goal and...

September 07, 10:48am

Stratospire 1 vs. Lightheart Solong 6
Obviously these two tents use very different design concepts, but it's worth a comparison. Here's my take: Stratospire advantages: Vestibule size and flexibility Full double wall Gre...

In GEAR » Coming Soon: Tarptent StratoSpire
August 22, 9:02am

Mosquito Reports -- keep 'em coming
Hi everyone, For those just returning from the Winds, can you keep on reporting mosquito conditions? I may go out this Sunday August 14th, but not if the mosquitoes are in full force. I made t...

In Post-Trip Reports » Wind River Range trail report
August 08, 8:19am

Keeping warm and light in Peru, Himalayas
Hi Everyone, I have several probable trips planned over the next 3 years: Colorado Rockies in August 2011 Cordillera Blanca, Peru in June 2012 Ladakh, India in August 2013 Uttaranchal, Ind...

In GEAR » Keeping warm and light in Peru, Himalayas
June 22, 8:51am

WTB -- Tarptent Hogback
I now have a family of 4 who wants to go camping. Unwanted Hogback anyone?

In Gear Swap » WTB -- Tarptent Hogback
June 09, 1:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Rutherford Platt

Rutherford Platt has posted no reviews.