Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

paul buzzard (troop208) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale paul buzzard hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me paul buzzard has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by paul buzzard

Showing 51 - 60 of 87 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Forum » Thread

condensation
When it is so cold, condensation on your bag is more or less a given. I have the same MB bag, except it is the #2 and have slept in it a few times with temps in the 10 degree range. Pull the dra...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Newbie Mummy Bug Question
January 20, 8:14am

loft
I would have a hard time commenting on your question, because size is so different. For me, 6' 170#, kinda long and skinny, restless side sleeper, the MB bags just drape and fit perfectly, in ...

In GEAR » Sleeping Bags
January 20, 7:52am

bag cooking
We took turkey bags and used them the first couple evenings. Boys will be boys, and to get the food for 13 people rehydrated, you have to mix the stuff. Everytime our cook would puncture the bag, ...

In Philmont » Backpacking Light @ Philmont
January 15, 10:21am

wait list
Ha Ha Joe, We went last year, and it is a pain sometimes to deal with the red tape. However, it is a really well run operation that deals with a tremendous number of people over the summer, hen...

In Philmont » Waiting List
January 12, 10:16am

gear
Frank, I went last year and used the Vasque breeze model you have without goretex. If your boots work, and fit great use them. I practiced walked on our sledding hill using 27#'s of charco...

In Philmont » Will they let you do this?
January 12, 10:11am

coffee bags
My wife made me one out of triple layer cheese cloth, and sewed a string loop in the top. Coffee in, pull loop, steep, good to go. Launch grounds, tie to pack to dry. Repeat as necessary.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » backcountry coffee
January 12, 9:54am

junction for poles
I use a piece of inner tube from a bike. The tube is slit and the piece of rubber is about 1" wide by about 12-15" long, very stretchy and strong. You wrap this around both poles in the...

In Make Your Own Gear » Trekking Pole Connector
January 12, 9:40am

bags
I have one of the MB SS series, and I think you may like them. Try and find a quality outfitter that carries them that you can get to. Fit is somewhat unique to each person, and I would urge you t...

In GEAR » Sleeping Bags
January 12, 9:27am

bag color
I have the ulss #2 and noticed they did change the color in their new stuff slightly over my bag, which is 2007 model. I like the new color better, lol. And yes, the rust jackets are a very wierd...

In GEAR » Montbell Colors
January 09, 3:29pm

MB ULSS #2
I have the same bag, and for me, its' ultra conservatively rated. I think if you are slim person,and I am, 6' 170#, these bags are as quality as the WM. That is because slim people don'...

In GEAR » Fill weight and temp rating: Western Mountaineering vs. Montbell UL SS
December 19, 7:24am

All Reader Reviews by paul buzzard

paul buzzard has posted no reviews.