Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tony Burnett (tlbj6142) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale OH--IO
About Me Tony Burnett has not added a biography yet.
CityColumbus
StateOH

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tony Burnett

Showing 51 - 60 of 191 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Forum » Thread

Essense's pad access...
"I'm working on a removable frame sheet for the pack that would replace the use of your pad as structure" Not to mention allowing padless hammock campers the ability to use the pack.

In GEAR » Front Loading UL pack?
February 02, 5:20pm

Essense's pad access...
From PJ's write-up... "A second "crab", for me at least, is the inaccessibility of the pad for use as a sit-pad during the day at rest stops. An external pad pocket would have been my preference. ...

February 02, 2:43pm

Essense's "Big" side pocket?
What's the deal with the "Big" side pocket (I believe all SMD packs have one)? I've never really understood its need. Bladder? I'm not saying "its wrong" or "its stupid", I'm just curious as ...

February 02, 9:07am

Essense's Dimensions???
Thanks. So, the top lid (more like an external stuff sack), is roughly 4"x11"x9", correct?

February 02, 7:15am

Essense's Dimensions???
What are the approximate dimensions of the main pack body (excluding the top lid pocket and "extension collar")? How tall is the top lid (appears to be 4-5" tall)? I'd guess the main pack is on...

February 01, 11:49am

Re: Reality check
I suspect that will never happen. I do believe that BMW has started having their gear reviewed by BPGT.org which is probably the "best" you can get for reviews of their stuff. Though sometimes ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » conflict of interest: Manufacturing V review
January 25, 11:55am

Isn't scale an issue?
While I can see this on-paper "conflict", we need to put it into perspective a bit. BMW has what, 4-5 products? A insulated top, pants, a bivy sack, some expenstive sticks, and a few (way too sma...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » conflict of interest: Manufacturing V review
January 20, 8:24am

Include DIY kits...
Next time you do a round-up have your DIY boys build one of the kits over at www.thru-hiker.com and include them. I'd like to see them compared head-to-head with the commercial gear.

In GEAR » 2005 Lightweight Down Jackets Review Summary and Gear Guide Overview
December 22, 10:16am

Snow melting: liquid propane!!!
In a word, liquid propane... The Xtreme, by design, uses canisters that have a tube in them that draws up the liquid propane. Propane boils off well below 0F (-44F comes to mind???). This allo...

In GEAR » MELTING SNOW: Fuel Efficiency and Boil Time Comparisons of Four Gas Backpacking Stoves in Winter Conditions
December 15, 7:41am

DIY kits included in round-ups?
I noticed in both the current down jacket and the older synthetic pullover/jacket round-ups the available DIY kits were not included. I would have loved to see the BPL DIY staff assemble a www.t...

In Make Your Own Gear » DIY kits included in round-ups?
December 14, 7:12am

All Reader Reviews by Tony Burnett

Tony Burnett has posted no reviews.