Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Stephen Nelson (stephenn6289) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Sunshine State
About Me I am 18 years old an an avid hiker who just recently converted to the ultralight way of thinking. I hate that I live about 8 hours away from my favorite national park-Great Smoky Mountains National park. I love backpacking with my friends and family and am looking forward to what the future may bring.
CityOcala
StateFlorida
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.xanga.com/stephenn6289
My PDF Gear ListAT in June

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stephen Nelson

Showing 51 - 60 of 112 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Forum » Thread

New Pack from Gossamer Gear?
I am looking for a pack for going SUL This summer. The conditions will be mild enough to allow me to experiemnt with this (no insulating jacket, gloves, ect,). My base weight should be in the neigh...

In GEAR » New Pack from Gossamer Gear?
February 13, 10:51pm

Re: Re: Ti Goat Bivy Bug Net
The bug net just folds under your upper body, but it is so wide at the zipper that that it is impossible to fully close off. I tried it out one one night with bugs (Florida has the weirdest winters...

In GEAR » Bivy Help
February 12, 8:21pm

Re: Bivy Help
As an owner of a Tigoat bivy, I would recommend the MLD bivy selection. I find the Tigoat bivy to be a little on the small size even though I own their "large". Also, the bug net on the t...

In GEAR » Bivy Help
February 12, 12:58pm

off topic
and thanks for what you did for me in the military too. I appreciate your sacrafice(s).

In GEAR » On the Hunt for an SUL Bag
February 09, 4:30pm

thanks
you are of most help. thank you

February 09, 4:15pm

Re: Re: Great!
you sound almost exactly like me, I'm glad to hear that that worked out for you. what was the total cost of those modifications? Less than the $369 of the long I should hope. Thanks

February 09, 3:01pm

SUL Bags
I am also in the market for a lighter bag. I am totaliy down with arc concept, but I am not sure which product best suits me. I like the MLD design, but I have read here on BPL about the bad combin...

February 09, 9:31am

loft?
How many inches of loft are going to be in the new 58, 48 and 38 degree bags?

In GEAR » MLD updated
February 06, 10:09am

bivy and sleeping bags
I really like the new bivy options, it's making me wish that I had held out on getting a TiGoat one, oh well. The sleeping bags are looking exciting too. All very cool, excellent work!

In GEAR » MLD updated
February 05, 8:55pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Jam Color
it isn't a misprint, they are two different colors. Palm is the color that I have, but there is also an avacado that is a different shade of green and is available on other packs (I think the f...

In GEAR » Jam2 pictures and details
January 31, 8:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Stephen Nelson

Showing 1 - 10 of 17 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Inov8 Flyroc 310
These are designed as trail running shoes, which makes them perfect for lightweight backpacking. They have lots of heel cushion, excellent grip, good fit for me, and are light. Mine are a size 13 and ...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 22, 9:59pm

Jacks R Better Fast and very helpful
I had a lot of questions when ordering from Jacks R Better. They promptly answered 2 emails and I called them. Jack himself answered the phone and descibed everything very clearly. I placed my order a...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 27, 8:32pm

Jacks R Better Stealth
Disclaimer:this is merely first impresions, as I have yet to test this quilt in the field yet. I find the quality of this quilt to be great. It is very well designed. I own the long size and it is ...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
February 27, 8:25pm

Gorillapod SLR
an amazingly useful and sturdy tripod for even heavy SLR cameras. It is light (5.8 oz) and very durable. I love it

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
January 25, 12:20pm

Gossamer Gear Nightlight Torso
If weight comes before longevity, this may be the one for you. It is a good length for me (6 feet) if I place it from my shoulder to my lower back. It durability is definitley limited.

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
January 25, 12:18pm

Photon Freedom Micro (White)
This is the best light I have used. It is small, light (.4 oz), and more useful than a headlamp. Its handly clip attaches to any hat brim or shirt. It also has some amazing microprocessor features whi...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
January 25, 12:14pm

McNett AquaMira Water Treatment
This si the lightest and best water treatment I have used yet. It is easy(no pumping), fast (add it and go, but you still have to wait 30 min. to consume), but a little on the expensive side. Over tim...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
January 25, 12:12pm

MSR Whisperlite regular
My rating is $ sensitive here. It really depends on what you are looking for. What I like best about it is is high fuel efficiency and ability to cook for a large number of people (I have done 4). The...

In Stoves - White Gas
January 25, 12:08pm

North Face Beeline 900
it is one of the lightest full covering mummies available. It is very soft, light, and compressable. I like its weight a lot too, just 20.5 oz for a large size. It is a great sleeping bag.

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
January 25, 12:05pm

Evernew .9 Liter pot
Very good pot, with some minor imperfections. I like that it is light and durable. but the handle insulator tend to burn up if you don't watch them and the lid is rather heavy. other than that it ...

In Cookware - Titanium
January 25, 12:02pm