Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bill Segraves (sbill9000) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Bill Segraves hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Bill Segraves has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bill Segraves

Showing 51 - 60 of 276 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...28

Forum » Thread

Re: Why is this forum so inactive?
IMO, Mitch and Katherine hit the two key nails right on the head. "I think part of it is that there's not much to discuss about SUL that isn't relevant to regular ULers." As...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Why is this forum so inactive?
November 15, 8:38am

Re: Water Strategy
As others have suggested, you need to know your own needs. I'm late to the party, but a few suggestions: 1) Learn to monitor your hydration level. There are a lot of good online resource...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Water Strategy
November 15, 7:28am

Re: Re: Re: New: Arch Support Question
"simply building foot muscles will be adequate for correcting biomechanical faults." What would you consider the best references to publications with controlled studies demonstrating e...

In GEAR » Yet another shoe question
November 04, 6:37pm

Re: bikepacking without panniers
Thought this thread sounded familiar. :) I got distracted (mostly by some backpacking adventures) from the bikepacking this summer, but intend to give it a good try in 2015. Will keep looking f...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » bikepacking without panniers
October 01, 6:13pm

Re: backpacking food
> You brought it, you chew it so you can use it. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19144727 Bingo! Cheers, Bill S.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » backpacking food
September 17, 3:38pm

Re: What ARE "summer nighttime temps" where you backpack?
In the Rockies, above 10,000 feet, it can be cold enough to start freezing your milk while you're eating your last day's breakfast cereal (~ 15 degrees), and 100 degrees when you hit the fi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What ARE "summer nighttime temps" where you backpack?
September 13, 7:10pm

Re: website or program?
Late to the party, and most questions answered, but people may be interested in some additional reference points wrt calorie expenditure. It's really hard to know what to make of a table of cal...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » website or program?
September 13, 7:03pm

Re: Re: Powered Almond Milk
I went ahead and tried making almond milk from almond flour, Bob's Red Mill finely ground from blanched almonds. With just vigorous stirring, it didn't dissolve/suspend very well. Most of...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Powered Almond Milk
September 13, 5:45pm

Re: Cheapest food calorie per dollar
Bulk raisins can be had at pretty close to $0.10/calorie. IMO, much better in most respects than most of the low-cost alternative carb sources. Peanuts for fat and protein plus raisins for carbs ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Cheapest food calorie per dollar
September 03, 3:24pm

Re: Powered Almond Milk
Has anybody here tried using almond flour? It's still mostly fat calories, and I was thinking if one wanted to add even a little more fat, powdered coconut milk might actually taste good with ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Powered Almond Milk
September 03, 3:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Bill Segraves

Bill Segraves has posted no reviews.