BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 51 - 60 of 1577 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...158

Forum » Thread

test
This is normal text - and this is bold text. and this is normal text again.

In User Test Forum » test
April 08, 1:33pm

False-Windshirts aren't anywhere close to the breathability of a softshell
Brian, You said that "Windshirts aren't anywhere close to the breathability of a soft-shell." There are windshirts available with air permeability near hard shells to those equal t...

In GEAR » Advice for a hardshell for early spring and late fall.
April 07, 5:36pm

Argon silnylon - 703 mm H2O Avg. & Inconsistent HH readings
I received a sample of brown Argon Silnylon and did a single non-aged HH tests. It tested as high as 3,374 mm H2O in a SINGLE non-aged test area. After I measured multiple test areas, per the appli...

In Make Your Own Gear » Argon silnylon
April 07, 3:04pm

Cuben Fiber
Ron Bell, Your were right when you said, ”They should be able to handle any critique.” I will handle your attempt at character assignation veiled as critique. The original post Here stands o...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben tent for mountaineering?
April 06, 10:54pm

Re: Re: The Grand Eight
SPECTACULAR ADVENTURE Dave... thanks for sharing!

In Post-Trip Reports » The Grand Eight
March 28, 9:33pm

Re: Aluminized Cuben – Thermal Blocking In Extreme Sun Conditions
John, To answer your question I looked through each alternative at the noon day sun. The most shielding option was the aluminized Cuben. Less effective was a Heat Sheet, which is an opaque orang...

In GEAR » Aluminized Cuben – Third Time is a Charm?
March 21, 9:48pm

Re: Aluminized Cuben Emissivity
Colin, That was a very well-reasoned question! The short answer is “I have not seen any emissivity specification for this product.” Now for the long answer (smile). For those not familiar wi...

March 21, 9:34pm

Re: Stairways of San Francisco - 568 Stairways in 4 Days
Amy, Cool adventure and report! You inspired me to try the same trip.

In Post-Trip Reports » Stairways of San Francisco - 568 Stairways in 4 Days
March 21, 9:32am

Re: Aluminized cuben
Colin, The aluminum is on the inside. Regarding adhesives for DIY projects, it is still a Mylar to Mylar bond like conventional Cuben. My GUESS is that the aluminum coating fissure pattern al...

March 20, 12:53pm

Your SL5
Wesley, I will purchase your SL5. Please contact me to arrange a PayPal payment.

In Gear Swap » GoLite Shangri-La 5 + Adrenaline Down Bag + Patagonia Down Jacket & Down Hoody + adidas 3-Layer-GORE-ACTIVE-SHELL Jacket + Exped Bivy-Ponchos, Silva Solar-Charger...NEW STUFF & PRICE DROP
March 19, 12:27am

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm