BPL Community Profile

Greg Lewis (gpl916) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale PNW
About Me I am relatively new to backpacking. I did some in high school, which was a long time ago, and just started again. I find that the UL style blends with many of my interests which include adventure racing, mountain biking,road biking, kayaking, sailing, and of course backpacking. I like to think of myself as an adventurer rather than one hobby or another. Of course, the kids have kept that in check over the last few years. I have some catching up to do!
CityKirkland
StateWA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.kirkland360.com
My PDF Gear ListGrand canyon four day

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Lewis

Showing 51 - 60 of 226 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...23

Forum » Thread

Re: Gram weenie
Benen, I tried the Super gram weenie out with the Evernew .9L. It worked boiling the water in about 8 minutes. I would not reccommend it due to the stability of a large pot on a small stove thou...

In GEAR » Cook / Eat system
March 27, 10:48am

Re: Tom
Yes, the shipping fee was about $11. You actually can buy Everclear 191 online too. Itsabout $35/for a fifth shipped. Greg

In GEAR » ethanol residue/burnishing
March 26, 6:05pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hyperfuels E95 Denatured Ethanol
That could be, but it didn't happen with the other DA. gl

March 26, 3:34pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re : "Cuben balaclava"
Thanks Tim! I do that with my momentum quilt anyway. So you have convinced me. gl

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben balaclava
March 26, 2:54pm

Re: Re: Hyperfuels E95 Denatured Ethanol
"You say potato, I say-----" well never mind. Just kidding!! I do see a little soot. But soot isn't an appropriate word for it. It is more like a discoloring of the Ti. It doesn...

March 26, 2:51pm

Re: Hyperfuels E95 Denatured Ethanol
Hi Marc, Are you a chemist? How does this compare to other products that are dentured in terms of toxic fumes? The other denatured products that use methanol usually contains many other additive...

March 26, 12:43pm

Re: Re: re; Bob
Bob, Safe to me is a relative term. I did not say I was going to drink it. Knowing what I knew (and I see that hyper fuels has edited the description and lists it's content now) the assumption...

March 26, 12:40pm

Re: Re: Re : "Cuben balaclava"
I can't wait to see how the lofting works out on the "skunkless" quilt. I am going to start my winter/ Mt. Rainier quilt soon and was considering whether to leave off the momentum, bu...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben balaclava
March 26, 11:07am

Re: WM Summerlite reg. left zip
Oh man, if I had not spent so much on gear in the last month or two, I would be all over this! gl

In Gear Swap » WM Summerlite reg. left zip
March 26, 9:59am

re; Walter
Walter, I am trying to get an MSDS from them. According to the information I have found online, 100% ethanol quickly absorbs 5% water from the humidity in the air. So for now, I am assuming it'...

March 26, 9:55am

All Reader Reviews by Greg Lewis

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hermits Hut
I would caution anyone doing business with this company. I ordered a GoLight Ion on 2/18. They ran my card on 2/19. They didn't call until a week later and said that it was no longer available...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 05, 5:31pm