BPL Community Profile

Graeme Finley (gfinley001) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SF Bay Area
About Me Graeme Finley has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Graeme Finley

Showing 51 - 60 of 90 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Forum » Thread

Re: dirty girl gaiters
I've taken the dirty girl gaiters on one week-long trip and they entirely lived up to expectations - very light (1.5 ounces) and breathable, but not rugged. Mine kept out dirt/pebbles etc and help...

In Gear Lists » AT January Thru
December 04, 3:30pm

Re: Rain Gear
That's right. Patagonia hooded wind shirt for light precipitation, then I'd add the poncho if the weather got worse. Of course at it turned out I barely saw a cloud the entire time.

In Gear Lists » Gear List for 6 day Sierras Trip
November 19, 5:02pm

SUS vs SUL?
As my base pack weight has gone down into the 5-6lb range, I've found that I've begun to care more about the volume of my gear than I do about the weight. I find a small pack to be easier to walk w...

In GEAR » SUS vs SUL?
November 17, 10:41am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Wet rain jacket
The closest I've come to this experience was 8 hours spent in wind blown rain in the Scottish highlands last year. I was wearing an O2 Rainshield jacket and a lightweight smartwool top. I stayed ...

In GEAR » Wet rain jacket
November 06, 3:15pm

Re: Gear List for a Simple Overnighter
Interestingly, my overnight pack isn't really very different from my more extended trip (e.g. 4-6 nights) pack - all that really changes is the amount of consumables that I carry. Pack: MLD Prop...

In Gear Lists » Gear List for a Simple Overnighter
October 31, 7:00am

Re: Feet: Dry and Dity vs. Moist and Clean
I had exactly this issue a few weeks ago when I went backpacking in the Sierras. I wear non-GoreTex Montrail Hardrocks and usually hike in the Mid-Atlantic where trails aren't too dusty/sandy. My ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Feet: Dry and Dity vs. Moist and Clean
October 26, 2:56pm

Re: Re:New MontBell UL Pad
Just ordered one of the torso length pads and the close cell foam extender. Look forward to seeing how it works in the cold.

In GEAR » New MontBell UL Pad
October 26, 2:46pm

Torso blanket
I have a Marmot Atom 40 degree bag which on its own is only good for me down to the mid 40s (I'm a cold sleeper, with my torso being the part that gets cold). I've started using my Western Mountain...

In GEAR » Torso Blanket
October 16, 10:29am

Re: Re: Gear List for 6 day Sierras Trip
Just got back on Saturday. Trip ended up being 7 days/6 nights due to a lost map on day 2 (very stupid thing to do, but there were mitigating circumstances) which caused me to spend a full day bus...

In Gear Lists » Gear List for 6 day Sierras Trip
October 02, 10:14am

Minor tarp/poncho suggestion
This is exactly what I use to attach/unattach guy lines to my poncho tarp. Only takes a few seconds and doesn't require any dexterity. I might not trust them to stand up to seriously strong wind g...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Poncho Tarp: Techniques and Gear Systems for Inclement Conditions
August 09, 3:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Graeme Finley

Graeme Finley has posted no reviews.