BPL Community Profile

F. Thomas Matica (ftm1776) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Vancouver, WA
About Me F. Thomas Matica has not added a biography yet.
CityVancouver
StateWashington
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by F. Thomas Matica

Showing 51 - 60 of 121 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Forum » Thread

Ultralight Down Pants: Light, Warm, and Versatile
I really enjoyed the scope of this article. I have a pair of the older style Montbell pants. I'm not doing any extended cold weather trips in frigid weather, so taking an extra pair of long jo...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Down Pants: Light, Warm, and Versatile
April 05, 10:07am

Double Condensation Issues
A just have a few windless nights in an Akto. Lots of condensation. I haven't tried every combination or solution to this phenomenon, but I can readily identify with this issue. My breath co...

In GEAR » Hilleberg Nammatj 2 Condensation
March 15, 12:41pm

My Akto Square Pitch Method
Let me say that I will still have to live with and in the Akto before I form a final opinion, which, of course, will be subject to change.......oh, well, I'm a Libra ! First, here is my prel...

In GEAR » Moment vs Akto Interior Room
February 22, 10:56am

Western Mountaineering Versalite $350
Western Mountaineering Versalite 10 degree sleeping bag. On sale $350. regular price $455. At Backcountrygear.com

In Gear Deals » Western Mountaineering Versalite $350
February 11, 12:15pm

Akto End Width
I don't see this width dimension in the Hilleberg information so I thought I would add it here. The inner tent end width is 24 inches. Hilleberg: 24 x 87 x 36(widest) TT Moment: 20 x 84 x 4...

February 11, 9:06am

Moment vs Akto Interior Room/Rigging
I am just a hair over 6 feet tall. Normal torso length, I guess. I use a Neoair short as my torso pad and my REI Flash 65, under my legs, with reasonable comfort. The Neo is thick so when I sit ...

February 10, 6:02pm

Moment vs Akto Interior Room
I'm wondering if anyone has an impression of the comparative feel of the useable interior space of the TT Moment vs the Hilleberg Akto. Have you used each and formed an impression of which i...

February 10, 11:35am

Has It Been Sold??
Jack, If the Akto hasn't been sold I am interested. What is the status of the pending sale?? Thomas

In Gear Swap » F.S. Hilleberg Akto
January 27, 11:16am

Another Interested Buyer
Thomas is also interested. 3rd in line???? Thomas

In Gear Swap » F.S. Hilleberg Akto
January 22, 6:42pm

NeoAir Leak-Down - LEAK FOUND!!!
Due to the urging of the other posters to this thread, I decided to soap-check my NeoAir again. It finally seemed ridiculous that I should have to blow it up in the middle of the night just to keep...

In GEAR » NeoAir Leak-Down
December 22, 7:45pm

All Reader Reviews by F. Thomas Matica

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Western Mountaineering The Company
I have a new WM Summerlite. I love the bag. Good quality. Good materials. I don't expect less and did not get less. The lack of a phone number on the website is ridiculous, absurd, rude! I was t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 24, 12:11pm

Mountain Dew 1 Liter
Gatorade or other pop bottles are great, sized for your personal preferences of drinking an carrying. Cheap to replace if getting grungy. I also like to take a collapsible or two to minimize space req...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
March 04, 4:19pm