BPL Community Profile

Erik G (fox212) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale THE Bay Area :)
About Me I've been backpacking a long time, and started trying to go ultralight over the past year or so. I'm always trying to refine my gear list to improve comfort and enjoyment while also reducing weight, volume, and number of items carried. I love the simplicity of a minimal kit. I also enjoy making and modifying my own gear.
CityDanville
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List3-Season Gear list as of 09-2013

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Erik G

Showing 51 - 60 of 71 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Forum » Thread

Wonderful
Great TR, really enjoyed it! Beautiful pics as well. Major two thumbs up :)

In Post-Trip Reports » Sierra Wandering ~ 08/24 - 08/30/2013
September 20, 1:11pm

Re: Permethrin vs. cats
It's only dangerous to cats in it's liquid form. Once treated clothes are dry, they are not dangerous to cats. At least that's what it says on the Sawyer spray bottle instructions. Stil...

In GEAR » Gear to protect against THE most deadly backcountry beastie...
September 19, 7:24pm

'Permanent' treatment
+1 again! Thanks for the info and the link. I too did not know this semi-permanent treatment service was available. I've found permethrin to be *very* effective against pretty much all type...

In GEAR » Gear to protect against THE most deadly backcountry beastie...
September 19, 7:08pm

Re: S2S nano
BUT it doesn't have a floor. Which might be totally acceptable for the OP. Or you could cinch it up under the edge of a groundsheet and have pretty good full protection. Might not work too w...

In GEAR » Minimalist Bug Solutions?
September 19, 4:23pm

Suluk 46
Yep, looks like V1 of the Suluk46 TICA ice tool. I'm pretty sure V2 and on had spikes attached over the outside of the shaft (the one in the pic has the spike inside the CF shaft). Wonder how m...

In GEAR » Found item: Ultralight Ice Axe
September 19, 4:08pm

Sweet.
Well, I might be the only BPLer who is glad they held off on getting the original squeeze! ;) Lighter, more compact, more versatile, female threads and nipples on inlet and outlet. Seems like a ...

In Gear Deals » New Sawyer 2014 MINI Filter on Sale
September 19, 3:41pm

Bug protection
I really think this comes down to personal preference (I know, what doesn't?). Some people have a high tolerance for skeeters buzzing around, as well as minimal reaction to bites. One of my hik...

In GEAR » Minimalist Bug Solutions?
September 19, 3:02pm

LineLoc 3 FTW
I use HMG's 2.8mm spectra core for my guylines, mostly because they came with the tarp along with LineLoc 3's. I really like using LineLoc's instead of knots. I find it much easier to s...

In GEAR » Educate me on guylines and line locks
September 19, 2:45pm

Re High heat, low stink
I use capilene 2 tops now, and they do not stink nearly as bad after a couple sweaty days as other polyester shirts I've worn. They are treated with Patagonia's "polygiene" perman...

In GEAR » High-heat, Low-stink options for Tee Shirt?
September 14, 8:53am

Might want to look for any length?
FWIW, it's very easy to trim and re-seal a neoair xlite to your desired length. So maybe you could look for any length neoair and just trim it down? Might help you find something quicker. I jus...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Small NeoAir X Lite
September 12, 3:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Erik G

Erik G has posted no reviews.