Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

mark henley (flash582) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale mark henley hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me mark henley has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListMarks 3 lb list - Good down to 40 degrees

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by mark henley

Showing 51 - 60 of 461 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...47

Forum » Thread

And even more pictures of the one ounce pack

In Make Your Own Gear » one ounce pack
July 24, 7:49pm

Some additional pictures
Here are a few pictures of variants of the one ounce pack. A Cuben pack with a zipper lid, which I really didn't like too much (material wasn't stiff enough for the zipper I felt) and a 320...

July 24, 7:42pm

Per your request
I've added more pictures to the instructions on the GC website and tried to make the instructions a bit more usable. As for sewing, I'm currently recovering from back surgery, so I won&#...

July 24, 7:29pm

one ounce pack
Last year I developed a 1 ounce Cuben fiber pack, made from one yard of material. I decided to follow Glen Van Peski's example of the G4 pack and try to give something back to the lightweigh...

July 06, 5:46am

Bill ... always a pleasure
Hope your feeling up to snuff these days. I always love these SUL/SUC threads. I think they really force us to challenge our traditional ways of thinking. I mean, it's easy to go SUL if you ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Super Ultra Light / Super Ultra Cheap
June 10, 5:24pm

Ground Rules?
Do we include MYOG?

In Make Your Own Gear » Super Ultra Light / Super Ultra Cheap
June 01, 6:25pm

packweight should vary depending on the goals of the trip
It all depends on the trip. Are you doing more camping or more hiking? For me, if I'm going to spend a lot of time in camp I like to take my creature comforts. If I'm going to spend m...

In Editor's Roundtable » ZPacks Blast 18 Backpack Review
May 30, 12:35pm

Water weight in perspective
One shoulder carry would depend entirely on the amount of food and water you needed to carry in addition to Ray's 8 lb pack. I personally don't like carrying 20 lbs on one shoulder, howe...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ray Jardine's Suggestions
May 30, 9:48am

Minty Boost
I used one on my AT section hike last fall .... a great piece of equipment. And it generates heat in your bag if you plug it in when you go to sleep!

In Make Your Own Gear » minty boost charger
March 03, 7:35pm

bivy
Try a piece of Tyvek ..... you'll love it.

In Make Your Own Gear » Cheapo No-Sewing Required Bivy Solution
February 25, 10:18pm

All Reader Reviews by mark henley

Showing 1 - 9 of 9 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Snow Peak 600
This cup is big enough to cook in for a solo person, a huge cup of java, or it's great for just boiling water. I use a piece of simple foil for a lid and it works amazingly well on a Snowpeak Giga...

In Cookware - Titanium
February 22, 8:34am

Thru-hiker Liberty Ridge Shell
I have made a few sewing projects, several quilts, and about a zillion stuff sacks, but this was the first time I attempted a piece of clothing. The pattern that AYCE provides is very well thought ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
February 22, 8:29am

White Box Alcohol Stove
This little stove ROCKS! I'm in agreement that it needs a primer pan, but other than that, I actually melted my windscreen when it got too close to the cup. It's like firing up a blowto...

In Stoves - Alcohol
February 22, 8:23am

Muscle Milk Cookies and Cream
For years I've heard hikers talk about carrying a protein suplement along on trips to ensure that they don't sacrifice muscle while hiking. Most people who have ever tried a protein powdere...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
February 21, 2:51pm

Pacific Outdoor Products Insul Mat Max-Thermo
15 ounces of pure, 2.5 inch thick, heavenly sleeping bliss. I have a Max Compact, several thermarests, a Full length Max thermo, and several types of closed cell pads in my gear closet. This is withou...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
February 21, 2:41pm

Gregory G pack
I bought two of these packs, one for myself and one for my wife. After two years of use the packs have held up well, but we have both found that the load rating is VERY optimistic ... The pack beco...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
January 03, 2:27pm

Montbell Super Stretch Down Hugger #3
I've been backpacking seriously for about 4 years now, not including my Scouting days of yesteryear. This is my first Down bag as I've always used synthetics in the past. I've used the bag...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
January 03, 2:21pm

Sawyer In-Line Filter
This Filter weighs in at 2 oz and once installed it has a very small impact on flow rate from the hydration tube/bite valve. I'm using it in conjunction with a Platypus hydration setup and you get...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
January 03, 2:12pm

Ray Way quilt one person - standard
Fantastic instructions ... I had never used a sewing machine before. I ordered the Ray Way stow bag kit and made it as my first project. The Quilt was a great second project. The instructions were ...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
January 04, 3:09pm