BPL Community Profile

Dirk Rabdau (dirk9827) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Dirk Rabdau has not added a biography yet.
StateWashington

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dirk Rabdau

Showing 51 - 60 of 657 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...66

Forum » Thread

Re: Mid August 2012 JMT
"As much as I love my hammock. I would go with a ground setup on the JMT." +1 on this sentiment. You are above the timberline for much of the trip. You will be limiting yourself as ...

In Gear Lists » Mid August 2012 JMT
March 01, 12:01am

Re: Fast Hiking the PCT
As someone in the decidedly not-so-fast camp of hiking, much respect to Greg and all of you on your schedule on the PCT. There is more than one way to hike the trail, and I really respect those who...

In Gear Lists » PCT 2012 list - where to lose weight?
February 28, 10:22pm

Scotland
There are Scots on this site that would brag about their country - and for good reason. Lovely. Beautiful. Uncrowded. Liberal camping regulations. Honestly, if you can swing it, spend some of y...

In Pre-Trip Planning » European Pilgrimage Recommendations
February 22, 1:04am

Brian +1
Yes, town stops are often welcome. I would add a pint glass is a welcomed zero day respite, especially if filled with a good microbrew. Dirk

In GEAR » Zero day gear....
February 22, 12:40am

re: PCT 2012 list - where to lose weight
Nice list. I agree that the bivy/tarp combo might be a bit of overkill, unless you just want to set up the bivy only, which you would be able to do a lot of the time along the trail (or even Cowboy...

In Gear Lists » PCT 2012 list - where to lose weight?
February 19, 5:45pm

Two experiences
One heck of a choice! Having only done one, the JMT, I would say it depends on the type of experience you would like to have. On the JMT, you will start and end with quite a few people. yeah, pe...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Two weeks, solo, JMT or WRR?
February 18, 10:27pm

Re:Argue
You would take that position, you dirty global-warming-denying, backpacking-with-a-gun-lovin', cottage-industry-innovation-quashing, ugly front supporter.

In Chaff » Argue.
February 18, 4:17pm

Re:Argue
Terrible font choice

In Chaff » Argue.
February 18, 2:35pm

Walking the West
Is available online. It's excellent and provides in my mind was a very accurate treatment of the subject. It's a long hike - some days are good, some are tough, but all beat the office. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Anyone have any AT/PCT DVDs I can borrow?
February 15, 10:53pm

Oh Man! I forgot my _______ again!
Went up to Mt. Rainier to ostensibly get a new National Parks pass and just go for a short hike. Well, it was a great day for early March (cold but clear) so I grab my pack from the backseat and st...

In Gear Lists » Oh Man! I forgot my _______ again!
February 13, 9:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Dirk Rabdau

Dirk Rabdau has posted no reviews.