November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dirk Rabdau (dirk9827) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Dirk Rabdau has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dirk Rabdau

Showing 51 - 60 of 657 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...66

Forum » Thread

Re: Mid August 2012 JMT
"As much as I love my hammock. I would go with a ground setup on the JMT." +1 on this sentiment. You are above the timberline for much of the trip. You will be limiting yourself as ...

In Gear Lists » Mid August 2012 JMT
March 01, 12:01am

Re: Fast Hiking the PCT
As someone in the decidedly not-so-fast camp of hiking, much respect to Greg and all of you on your schedule on the PCT. There is more than one way to hike the trail, and I really respect those who...

In Gear Lists » PCT 2012 list - where to lose weight?
February 28, 10:22pm

There are Scots on this site that would brag about their country - and for good reason. Lovely. Beautiful. Uncrowded. Liberal camping regulations. Honestly, if you can swing it, spend some of y...

In Pre-Trip Planning » European Pilgrimage Recommendations
February 22, 1:04am

Brian +1
Yes, town stops are often welcome. I would add a pint glass is a welcomed zero day respite, especially if filled with a good microbrew. Dirk

In GEAR » Zero day gear....
February 22, 12:40am

re: PCT 2012 list - where to lose weight
Nice list. I agree that the bivy/tarp combo might be a bit of overkill, unless you just want to set up the bivy only, which you would be able to do a lot of the time along the trail (or even Cowboy...

In Gear Lists » PCT 2012 list - where to lose weight?
February 19, 5:45pm

Two experiences
One heck of a choice! Having only done one, the JMT, I would say it depends on the type of experience you would like to have. On the JMT, you will start and end with quite a few people. yeah, pe...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Two weeks, solo, JMT or WRR?
February 18, 10:27pm

You would take that position, you dirty global-warming-denying, backpacking-with-a-gun-lovin', cottage-industry-innovation-quashing, ugly front supporter.

In Chaff » Argue.
February 18, 4:17pm

Terrible font choice

In Chaff » Argue.
February 18, 2:35pm

Walking the West
Is available online. It's excellent and provides in my mind was a very accurate treatment of the subject. It's a long hike - some days are good, some are tough, but all beat the office. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Anyone have any AT/PCT DVDs I can borrow?
February 15, 10:53pm

Oh Man! I forgot my _______ again!
Went up to Mt. Rainier to ostensibly get a new National Parks pass and just go for a short hike. Well, it was a great day for early March (cold but clear) so I grab my pack from the backseat and st...

In Gear Lists » Oh Man! I forgot my _______ again!
February 13, 9:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Dirk Rabdau

Dirk Rabdau has posted no reviews.