Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bradford Rogers (Mocs123) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeast Tennessee
About Me Bradford Rogers has not added a biography yet.
My Website URL
My PDF Gear ListPecos Wilderness Late May 2015

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bradford Rogers

Showing 51 - 60 of 2064 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...207

Forum » Thread

White (or other light colored packs) do get dirty and that bothers some people but black packs get hot in the sun. The only reason this is a big deal is they melt chocolate etc easier. I used to ...

In GEAR » Lightweight Expedition Pack
July 31, 4:48am

Re: external framed packs
They are external frame packs, but a new evolution of external frame packs that fit close to the body like an internal frame. In recent years the line has been blurred between internal and exter...

July 30, 7:38pm

Re: Re: Pyramid Selection Help! Luna 4
I have cuben shelters made by HMG and MLD and they are both top notch craftsmanship. I had Bearpaw make me a custom half inner for the HMG Ultamid 4 and it was pretty rough around the edges. It ...

In GEAR » Pyramid Selection Help! Lunar 4
July 30, 4:59pm

Re: Re: Lightweight Expedition Pack
I just chose the Seek Outside paradox 4800 for two weeks in Alaska. They also offer it in a 6300 size but the 4800 is pretty big.

July 30, 4:34pm

Re: Hip belt pockets yea or nay?
Yes for me. I use the right side for the camera and the left side for Aquamira, Purell, headlamp, compass, etc.

In GEAR » Hip belt pockets yea or nay?
July 29, 3:11pm

Re: Wind Rivers Questions
I second the recommendation on Nancy Pallisters book. I have been there two times from August 24-September 2 in 2012 and August 28-September 4 in 2014. No bugs either time.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Wind Rivers Questions
July 29, 1:04pm

Re: Hip belt?
I think the hipbelt is the weak link on most lightweight packs, not the frame. I hate the "wing" belts used by most UL pack makers, and like a wide, full wrap belt even if it doesn't...

In GEAR » Suspension comparison Zimmerbuilt vs GG mariposa vs zPacks arc haul?
July 25, 8:11pm

Re: Teton Crest Trail
My guess is 60ish days and 30ish nights. It certainly could be colder and/or have decent snows but I think you will be fine. I think late august is a great time of year : no bugs and fewer people...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Teton Crest Trail
July 23, 7:44pm

Re: Suggestions for solving a Gear Swap dispute?
I mostly use the "purchase" rather than the "gift" in paypal for two reasons: 1.) paypal is a service which I use. I don't feel like it's fair to lie so I can cheat t...

In Gear Swap » Suggestions for solving a Gear Swap dispute?
July 23, 7:39pm

Re: Wind River in October?
I have been there in early September and ran into a bow hunter which wasn't a big deal (he was a really nice guy). I suspect October is rifle season so I would be sure to wear plenty of orange....

In Pre-Trip Planning » Wind River in October?
July 21, 9:02am

All Reader Reviews by Bradford Rogers

Bradford Rogers has posted no reviews.