Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug Smith (Jedi5150) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central CA
About Me LEO K9 handler, with SAR, EMS background.
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug Smith

Showing 51 - 60 of 286 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...29

Forum » Thread

Tacticool
Sorry, not much help, but I had to laugh at the tacticool comment, it immediately made me think of the shemagh: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ea-gear-shemagh-arab-scrim-scarf-8058.html#.UuGjcunTmM8 ...

In GEAR » Any suggestions for an Ultralight EDC bag?
January 23, 4:22pm

Re: Where at in the Sierra?
Thanks for the continued suggestions, folks. I'm really leaning towards the 20* bag now. Alex, I should have addressed that. Most of my backpacking has been on the Eastern side, out of Mammo...

In GEAR » 3 season sleeping bag for Sierras
January 23, 11:56am

Re: Re: 3 season sleeping bag for Sierras
I appreciate the responses and insights. I think I'm leaning towards the 20* bag, particularly since I don't really have puffy clothes, and I sleep cold. I also have a 40* quilt that I am...

January 22, 10:48pm

3 season sleeping bag for Sierras
Hello all, I know that sleeping bags and temp ratings are an individual thing, but I'm hoping to get some advice before laying out a lot of cash. I'm looking for a down bag (my first.....

January 22, 9:34pm

night temps
I only have two sleeping bag options at the moment. One is a large, fairly heavy synthetic 0*F mummy bag. The other is a synthetic 40* quilt. Based on these weather forecasts I'm thinking I ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
January 22, 12:16am

Re: Mukluks
It does help, thanks Joshua. I no longer own my old mukluks, I pretty much only wear Danner boots now, but I'm just starting to get into winter camping. The downside is that Danners don't...

In Post-Trip Reports » Introduction to winter camping in Minnesota
January 21, 2:36pm

1K Island
I love the 1K Island lake and Ediza shots! You did the area justice. I took a photo two summers ago from the exact same spot on the High Trail looking across to Shadow Lake. I did a loop of Agne...

In Photo Gallery » Last Summer
January 20, 8:48pm

winter trip
Thanks for the trip report. If the Sierras ever actually get snow this winter, I'm going to give winter camping another shot (tried it twice so far with less than ideal gear). I like your...

In Post-Trip Reports » Introduction to winter camping in Minnesota
January 20, 8:38pm

dry
I can't believe how dry it's been this year. Boy did I pick the wrong winter to get back into cross country skiing. Hahaha My only comment is on the fire danger. I know that dryness...

In Pre-Trip Planning » CA Drought and 2014 hiking season
January 20, 12:36am

BPL
I can't say I was personally interested in most of the choices, but then again this isn't the Doug Smith Interests Forum.com. ;-) I like seeing some variety on this forum. When I first...

In Editor's Roundtable » 2013 Staff Picks
January 18, 8:54pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug Smith

Doug Smith has posted no reviews.