Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug Smith (Jedi5150) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Central CA
About Me LEO K9 handler, with SAR, EMS background.
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug Smith

Showing 51 - 60 of 354 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...36

Forum » Thread

Help me find the "flat" spots in the High Sierra ;-)
Hello all, I love spending time on Google Earth, my topo maps, etc., daydreaming about trips and trying to picture topography. But it's still different than hearing from folks who have actuall...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Help me find the "flat" spots in the High Sierra ;-)
January 02, 8:57pm

pad slipping...
I guess I've just had very good luck, but the couple times I've slept in a hammock so far I haven't had any issue at all with a pad slipping, in spite of using a single layer hammock. ...

In Hammocks » Hammock newbie, some questions and thoughts
January 01, 4:55pm

Re: Re: Thinking of Places to Move to - Colorado, Utah, Oregon,...?
" OR has that weird no self service gas thing though." That idea has always bugged me Ken. Pumping your own gas has always been one of man's inalienable rights. Fortunately, ever...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Thinking of Places to Move to - Colorado, Utah, Oregon,...?
December 31, 11:25pm

Re: no humor
This is my first time reading or posting in the Chaff Section. Haha. never even really noticed it before. "The problem with so many conspiracy theories like this is that they always viola...

In Chaff » Trolls May Possibly BPL Staff Members
December 31, 4:19am

Bears in Los Padres?
Interesting, I had no idea there were bears in Los Padres. We don't have any in the Santa Cruz Mountains, and none in the Los Padres area from San Luis Obispo to Monterey. I sort of figured t...

In Post-Trip Reports » Los Padres Overnight.
December 31, 3:48am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thinking of Places to Move to - Colorado, Utah, Oregon,...?
""I wasn't even alive in the 50's, but when it comes to respect, manners, and morals.. yea, I'm convinced it was way better back then. Of course it was before all of the bad i...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Thinking of Places to Move to - Colorado, Utah, Oregon,...?
December 31, 12:28am

Bend
BEND!!!!! Ian B. beat me to it. It's about as far from a big city as you get but wow!...it sure is on the top of my list if I ever get out of California. I've spent a few days there a ...

December 30, 11:13pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ursack?
"btw, you have something stuck in your teeth." Hahaha Well played! It took me a second but I'll blame that on me being tired. ;-) Eric, I've checked out some of the Ta...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I'm converted to light wieght
December 30, 1:04am

Re: Re: Re: ursack?
Katherine, my apologies! :-) I haven't been on the forum in a little while and didn't look closely at your name or photo, I simply assumed you were Katarina. Awkward...hahaha Thanks...

December 29, 9:57pm

Re: ursack?
Thanks for the head's up, Kat. The truth is now that I've come to grips with the Bear Vault being part of my list, I kind of want to keep in the habit of it. That way it stays a "kno...

December 29, 2:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug Smith

Doug Smith has posted no reviews.