Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Christopher Mills (Hiker816) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Denver
About Me Christopher Mills has not added a biography yet.
CityDenver
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Christopher Mills

Showing 51 - 60 of 149 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

Re: PCT Sleeping Pad
I hiked the southern most 1200 miles of the PCT this summer and used a short NeoAir the whole way. I did put it on top of a 1/8" Gossamer Gear thinlight, which I figured I'd be carrying a...

In GEAR » PCT Sleeping Pad
October 14, 6:57pm

Re: Thoughts on long distance food
My favorite backpacking meal is quinoa + dehydrated refried beans + cheese + olive oil + whatever else sounds good to add. It's vegetarian, and quinoa is incredibly calorie dense both for its ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Thoughts on long distance food
April 20, 11:03am

MYOG Bivy -- Need zipper backing/stiffener?
I'm about to order materials to make a bivy sack. For those who have made one, or who own one, can you tell me if there is any need to incorporate a zipper backing/stiffener, like they use in ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Bivy -- Need zipper backing/stiffener?
April 02, 1:58pm

Re: re: Bulk supplements and my PCT diet
The shakes I used in 2004 were the thermoplex shakes from nutrabio. I called them up and explained that I wanted to pack as many calories as possible into the shakes, and they came up with a mixtu...

In GEAR » Bulk supplements and my PCT diet
March 15, 9:24pm

Re: Bulk supplements on my PCT diet
I got a tip from a triple-crowner about meal replacement shakes he had for breakfast every morning. I got some of my own and had one every morning for a couple months when I hiked about 900 miles ...

In GEAR » Bulk supplements and my PCT diet
March 15, 12:47pm

Re: eVent jacket
Thanks for the info everyone! Isaac, do you have an eVent Packa now? How has it been working out for you? I went back on forth on it for a while. I like the better coverage and ventilation you ...

In GEAR » Help me choose an eVent jacket
March 13, 7:04pm

Help me choose an eVent jacket
So I am going to get an eVent jacket for a PCT thru-hike. Right now I am leaning toward the Integral Designs Thru-Hiker because I like the added length. It occurred to me that this jacket design ...

In GEAR » Help me choose an eVent jacket
March 11, 3:40pm

Re: La Sportiva Wildcat trail runner
Well, now I feel guilty for recommending the Wildcat. I still love mine, but I'm sorry it didn't work for you guys!

In GEAR » La Sportiva Wildcat trail runner
March 11, 1:01pm

Re: MYOG pack frame
Thanks for all the info everyone! My plan is to create a frame just like the one used by gossamer gear (scroll down to see photo of frame), but out of stronger metal, inverted in the pack, and att...

In Make Your Own Gear » Need advice on type of metal for MYOG pack frame
March 05, 3:57pm

Re: Re: Re: metal for MYOG pack frame
"> a 7075 alloy rod of a 3/8" diameter thickness, do you think it would be strong enough? Ah - do you really mean a 'rod', as in solid? If so, how many cars are you trying to...

In Make Your Own Gear » Need advice on type of metal for MYOG pack frame
March 04, 8:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Christopher Mills

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
I'm also a huge fan of the RR Adventure shirt. I've used it on a couple PCT thru-hikes and many smaller trips and it is the most versatile article of clothing I've ever used. I took two ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 02, 7:50am