Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Larry Sullivan (150mph) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Los Angeles
About Me I love exploring and adventuring, backpacking, canyoneering, climbing, motorcycling, traveling, anything outdoors. I'm a graphic designer in Los Angeles.
CityLos Angeles
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://planetrambler.com
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Larry Sullivan

Showing 51 - 60 of 78 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Forum » Thread

What book for 6 days in the Sierra? Why?
Sometimes, I like to bring a book on long trips, and could you use some input on new material. Maybe something related to the lure/spiritual high of natural things/mountains/wilderness. Recently re...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What book for 6 days in the Sierra? Why?
July 29, 12:48am

test
Sometimes, seems I'm only allowed two embedded links in a posting, no matter how correctly my code is typed. So I'm trying to find out if that's always true... I hope not... The La...

In User Test Forum » Embedded Link
July 29, 12:38am

Packing container for gooey trail concoction?
Substance: 14oz of gooey, peanut butter & syrup-like high-calorie treat, as lunch (on tortillas) for six hiking days. Guaranteed bear lure. Challenge: Lives in leak-proof, crush-resistant co...

In GEAR » Packing container for gooey trail concoction?
July 29, 12:24am

A real pillow
The Thermarest compressible pillow isn't "BPL" necessarily, but a nice luxury. They loft big and fold in half like a real pillow for side sleepers. Little one is 9-10 oz., compresse...

In GEAR » Need a good pilllow!
July 27, 1:33pm

test bag
Thanks! The Think Tank digital holster and the Tamrac Holster TeleZoom pack both seem to be exactly what I'm looking for!

In User Test Forum » test bag
July 24, 6:17pm

Perfect!
Thanks everyone! The MYOG sling is cool, but I have no sewing skills (or machine). The Think Tank digital holster and the Tamrac Holster TeleZoom pack both seem to be exactly what I'm lookin...

In Photography » Fastening a DSLR to pack straps
July 24, 6:06pm

Avoid this NeoAir mattress mistake
I left my inflated Thermarest NeoAir Regular in my tent (Tarptent Contrail) for a short dayhike. When I came back, the heat (up to 100 degrees) from the sun on the tent had expanded the air in the ...

In GEAR » Avoid this NeoAir mattress mistake
July 23, 1:02pm

How to carry a DSLR in easy to grab spot?
Looking for tried and true solutions/systems for attaching my Nikon D5000 with its 18-55mm lens attached, somewhere handy, easy-to-grab (for quicker shots) and re-secure spot on my backpack strap...

In Photography » Fastening a DSLR to pack straps
July 23, 12:33pm

Is this kit list for one person? How many days?
Thanks for the great article Kevin. You really have a way with words. I'm always trying to refine my first aid kit and your list is helpful. I'm sure you tailor yours for different trips, l...

In Editor's Roundtable » Trouble in Paradise: Altitude Illness in SEKI
July 08, 6:51pm

I added some photos to the report
They show the weather conditions throughout the day

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Another Half Dome death - Saturday, June 13, 2009
June 16, 1:36am

All Reader Reviews by Larry Sullivan

Larry Sullivan has posted no reviews.