Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 4991 - 5000 of 8132 | Page: 1 ...491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 ...814

Forum » Thread

FS: Sangean DT300VW Pocket Radio **SOLD**
**SOLD** I am selling my Sangean AM/FM/TV/Wather radio. It is in excellent condition with the box, extension antenna and earbuds. This pocket radio has a small speaker as well as earphones. The ...

In Gear Swap » FS: Sangean DT300VW Pocket Radio
July 29, 2:09am

Withdrawn by seller
Withdrawn by seller

In Gear Swap » FS: LowePro SlingShot 200 AW DSLR Camera Pack
July 29, 1:55am

Re: Re: Layering Pants
+1 on light soft shell pants-- fantastic in cooler weather and "rain fits." I got a pair of Mont Bell stretch pants that I like a lot. I think khaki gives a little more range than black ...

In GEAR » Layering Pants
July 28, 2:32pm

Re: Thermawrap Parka vs Jacket
I would get the parka. I've of a mind that when you choose a garment for a slot in your layering scheme, it needs to work when you get to the top of the hill. The hood will keep cold air off yo...

In GEAR » Thermawrap Parka vs Jacket
July 28, 2:23pm

Re: SUL Tarps w/out bivies
I would want an 8x10 minimum with no bivy, but then I'm chicken that way :) Some of the hammock builders are designing tarps that have the ends cut to allow using them as doors. Zpacks makes a ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL Tarps w/out bivies
July 28, 1:45pm

7.5oz UL flexible flask 0.4oz/10g!
This may have been covered, but I found one new in a thrift store and was impressed. This is like a mini-Platypus. Looks like a winner for alcohol stove users, olive oil, or a little wine or liquor...

In GEAR » 7.5oz UL flexible flask 0.4oz/10g!
July 28, 1:25pm

Bivy bag/space blanket insulator
I just tried making a long, narrow insulator using a Coghlans #9815 All Weather Emergency Bag with two space blankets folded in quarters. The bag is just a space blanket with taped perimeters and t...

In Hammocks » Ultralight DIY hammock insulation
July 28, 12:10pm

Mailing parcels in the United States
No help on the exact box, but you can get pricing and size information at www.usps.com. Consider two boxes-- one for the rarely opened big stuff and another for the "use every stop stuff."...

In GEAR » Box for PCT bouncebox?
July 28, 10:46am

Re: gatewood, condensation, ponchos, etc
The Gatewood can be pitched high or low to suit the conditions. I have propped the hood up like a chimney and it helps. It uses 6 stakes and the guy line is built in. For the "high" pitch...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Approaching 4lb barrier....need feedback on modded MLD Poncho Tarp Specifically
July 28, 10:08am

Re: Re: RE: Under Quilts
Ahh, forgot about DWR. I guess you don't need to think "sleeping bag" and can get a little more out of the box when designing UQ's. Good news.

In Hammocks » What about truly ultralight hammocks?
July 28, 9:43am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.