Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 4991 - 5000 of 7598 | Page: 1 ...491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 ...760

Forum » Thread

Re: Mora Classic #2
Nice job on the handle. I like the toggle on the sheath too--- it isn't the most secure.

In GEAR » Mora #2/0 Knife 1.8oz/50g
February 21, 8:36pm

Re: Island
I proposed to my wife on San Juan :) Still going strong 25 years later!

In GEAR » Mora #2/0 Knife 1.8oz/50g
February 21, 8:33pm

Re: Re: Carrying water on shoulder straps
I didn't think about putting a sling around the pack. I can do macramé bottle holders that would work for that. It doesn't take much to wrap up a bottle. My first attempt is to use mit...

In GEAR » Carrying water on shoulder straps
February 21, 8:25pm

Carrying water on shoulder straps
I am cooking up a SUL setup based on a pack that has no external pockets and a bungee cord stash on the front. I can rig a 2 liter Platypus using the grab loop and the bungee cord, but it seems lik...

In GEAR » Carrying water on shoulder straps
February 21, 8:37am

Re: style
Mike, Check out the Style CS too, which is an updated version of the Micra. It's the one I EDC. I've cut 10 gauge copper wire with it and it goes through fat zip ties like butter. Th...

In GEAR » Leatherman Style keychain multi-tool vs. Victorinox Classic
February 20, 4:49pm

Re: FS: OR Cap
OR Waterproof Gore-tex Baseball Cap - One Size Fits All - $14 Shipped. I would like to buy that cap. PM on the way.

In Gear Swap » FS: Snow Peak 1400 Ti w/Custom Lid, AT Maps, and OR Cap
February 20, 2:46pm

Re: How to get rid of cigarette smell from bivy sac?
White vinegar is cheap and safe. I'm told that the slight acidity helps cut the resins left by the smoke. I would follow with a sport fabric cleaner like Tech Wash so you don't hammer the D...

In GEAR » How to get rid of cigarette smell from bivy sac?
February 20, 2:35pm

Re: General Digital Camera Questions...
1. File size and storage aside -- I know higher megapixels don't necessarily mean better pictures -- but can using higher megapixels actually impact picture quality negatively? Or is it always ...

In GEAR » General Digital Camera Questions...
February 20, 1:51pm

Water Bottle Collection, Free to Scouts/Kid's Orgs **CLAIMED**
**CLAIMED** Looks like Troop 594 in South Tahoe will get them :) I thinned my thundering herd of water bottles and will donate them to your Boy Scout or other kid's organization, but you wil...

In Gear Swap » Water Bottle Collection, Free to Scouts/Kid's Orgs
February 20, 12:43pm

Re: How can I prevent my shirt from riding up my back when hiking?
Some packs have padded mesh that has a lot of traction on some fabrics. I've seen really sticky ones that I assume were deliberately chosen to keep the hip band from sliding. I've seen heav...

In Philosophy & Technique » How can I prevent my shirt from riding up my back when hiking?
February 20, 11:09am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.