Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 4991 - 5000 of 8193 | Page: 1 ...491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 ...820

Forum » Thread

Re: Using a quilt as a camp shawl to avoid carrying down jacket...
Since childhood, we sat around camp with sleeping bags draped over us, especially in the morning after latrine call and waiting for breakfast. No one wanted to give up that wonderful warmth. If...

In GEAR » Using a quilt as a camp shawl to avoid carrying down jacket...
August 19, 7:52pm

SOLD: Ultralight Outfitter's Beer Can Esbit Stove with Extras
**SOLD** For sale: a brand new Ultralight Outfitter's Beer Can Esbit stove (see http://www.ultralightoutfitters.com/stove.html for details). Includes the following items: *The unused ...

In Gear Swap » FS: Ultralight Outfitter's Beer Can Esbit Stove with Extras
August 18, 8:58pm

Re: Why are Platypus hydration bladders to popular here?
The Platypus reservoirs are a good example of the ultralight philosophy: high performance at the lowest weight. The Camelbak bladders have the large, heavy cap/fill assembly plus the weight of the ...

In GEAR » Why are Platypus hydration bladders to popular here?
August 18, 11:17am

Re: Sleep Mat
Get a hammock and sleep all night, seriously.

In GEAR » Sleep Mat
August 17, 11:47pm

Re: Sleeping bag for a tall guy. I mean 6'9" tall?
I'd be looking for a custom quilt from one of the cottage folk.

In GEAR » Sleeping bag for a tall guy. I mean 6'9" tall?
August 17, 11:33pm

Re: titanium stakes in a carry-on bag on flight
What they don't understand, they freak out over. I would mail them ahead or just buy some aluminum ones on arrival and live with the weight. We like to travel with carry-on only luggage, bu...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » titanium stakes in a carry-on bag on flight
August 14, 11:54am

Re: Shoe set up for hiking in mud?
4" of mud or 2'? On the 4" side, mid-high boots and gaiters. No experience on the up-to-your-knees-suck-your-boots-off stuff other than jaunts on tidal flats. Good luck there!

In GEAR » Shoe set up for hiking in mud?
August 14, 11:42am

Re: Beginning UL'er, too early for a pack purchase?
It is easier to put an UL load in a not-so-UL-pack than the other way around. And an UL load in your pack will feel like nothing. I'm of a mind that you can have one thing in your kit that ...

In GEAR » Beginning UL'er, too early for a pack purchase?
August 11, 8:44pm

Re: Rename the Dyneema Cord Contest
O-line CarrotCord FlameCord

In Gear Deals » Rename the Dyneema Cord Contest
August 11, 8:26pm

Re: hanging up the pad
Spelt quipped, "If you hammock, you can leave the pad at home and use an underquilt instead...." He's already space challenged so the hammock and accessories would send him over th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Necessity of Sleeping Pads?
August 11, 11:54am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.