Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 4991 - 5000 of 7913 | Page: 1 ...491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 ...792

Forum » Thread

Re: FS: TNF Gore-Tex Gloves, Women's Medium, Black **SOLD**
**SOLD** Lowered price to $15.

In Gear Swap » TNF Gore-Tex Gloves, Women's Medium, Black
May 17, 8:04pm

Re: How do you keep groundsheet in place.
I have a custom 5'10", 220 pound weight that keeps it nicely in place :) Groundsheets may be slippery on the top, allowing you to slide down on a slope, but I haven't had a problem...

In GEAR » How do you keep groundsheet in place.
May 17, 7:53pm

Re: Patagonia Lightweight Travel Pack?
[IMHO, it is weak for other than a lunch and a layer loads.] Check out the North Face Verto 26. I just got a look at the new one on the Patagonia web site. It looks like they have made a lot of ...

In GEAR » Patagonia Lightweight Travel Pack?
May 17, 5:55pm

Re: Alcohol vs. Wood: Heat Output
If you were carrying the fuel, alcohol is better. Wood fires are hot, but mostly because they are larger than needed and a lot of heat (and fuel) is wasted--- that isn't a concern with "fo...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Alcohol vs. Wood: Heat Output
May 16, 1:08pm

Re: Check out my Score!
I see some good potential for a couple fur hats too :)

In Make Your Own Gear » Buying Tyvex
May 16, 12:36pm

Re: breaking the 3 lb barrier- bushcraft style :)
Good lesson on getting by if you lose your gear. For another pound you could add a summer weight sleeping bag and be almost cozy. It took me a minute to figure out the packing scheme. Now I see...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » breaking the 3 lb barrier- bushcraft style :)
May 16, 12:35pm

Re: Frameless packs right for me?
If a frameless pack doesn't work for you, don't use one. A light framed pack with UL gear works for me. And a Jam isn't all that light. A pack like a Vapor Trail with a framesheet i...

In GEAR » Frameless packs right for me?
May 15, 5:55pm

Re: BARGE cement
A good possibility. You introduced me to Barge Cement with your excellent article on making a Multi-Pad-Ground-Sheet Integration System (http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/mak...

In Make Your Own Gear » Best glue for Dri Ducks material?
May 15, 3:02pm

Re: Re: The North Face Verto 26 pack?
Chad added, "Here is a video of a guy packing his Verto 26 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMxdzlks_JE" I was amazed to watch that tent and cook kit go in there! We gotta straighten him...

In GEAR » The North Face Verto 26 pack?
May 15, 9:16am

Re: Re: The North Face Verto 26 and other small packs
Ken wrote, "So Dale, do you think that the Verto would fit a xl, long torso fellow?" Only by virtue of the capacity. What I haven't done is to try one with a load. My cursory look ...

In GEAR » The North Face Verto 26 pack?
May 15, 9:07am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.