BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 4991 - 5000 of 7471 | Page: 1 ...491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 ...748

Forum » Thread

Re: Lighter fleece pants you can put on over hiking pants?
Ones that are more like lights, under your regular hiking pants will be warmer and protected from water, mud and snags. I don't think you will find light ones that are a loose enough fit to go ...

In GEAR » Lighter fleece pants you can put on over hiking pants?
January 26, 8:54am

FOUND: Z-lite pad, regular length
Got one, thanks!

In Gear Swap » WTB: Z-lite pad, regular length
January 26, 8:40am

Re: eureka solitaire 44.95 shipped??
Someone has the Gossamer version (with aluminum poles) for $35 on the Gear Swap forum: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=41683

In Gear Deals » eureka solitaire 44.95 shipped??
January 26, 8:34am

Re: Thermarest Ridge Rest SOLAR
I looked them over and they should be comfy enough for a CCF pad, but the full length one makes a pretty fat roll. Expect to store it outside your pack. At least you can flop them down anywhere and...

In GEAR » Thermarest Ridge Rest SOLAR
January 26, 12:13am

Re: sleeping bag for PNW
"Will my 32degree down bag along with a silk liner and capilene thermals be enough or should I bring my 15 degree down bag." Depends on how far you are planning to go. It is pretty fl...

In GEAR » sleeping bag for PNW
January 26, 12:07am

Re: some feedback
My humble opinions added to the fray ;) ========================= Pack Osprey "Exos 46" 41 - - Nice framed pack, good weight transfer and comfortable. I use one too. I'm sick and ...

In Gear Lists » General go-anywhere/ 3-season gear-list almost complete
January 25, 11:23pm

Re: Gear for the Non-ultralight wanting to go a little lighter
1-Raingear - we both need new rain pants and hubby needs new jacket, too. Any recommended brands? As mentioned previously, DriDucks are light and cheap (but not very durable). Coated membrane ge...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Gear for the Non-ultralight wanting to go a little lighter
January 25, 9:01am

Re: down and absorbing moisture
"So if the down cannot absorb moisture, is it a safe assumption that there would be less moisture accumulation due to sweat evaporation while sleeping? Would the moisture simply get trapped be...

In GEAR » Down in the PNW
January 24, 11:00pm

Re: Down in the PNW
Google the weather stats for the Olympics. What you will see is moderate temperatures, lots of precip and high humidity, and *no* direct sun. It is like hiking in a cold wet sponge. Your perspirati...

In GEAR » Down in the PNW
January 24, 4:36pm

Re: Re: FS: Sharper Image 8x22 Waterproof Compact Binoculars
Sorry, I traded them and forgot to update the post.

In Gear Swap » FS: Sharper Image 8x22 Waterproof Comact Binoculars
January 24, 2:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.