BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 4991 - 5000 of 7539 | Page: 1 ...491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 ...754

Forum » Thread

Air mattress rescue story
A few weeks ago, I picked up a POE Ether Thermo 6 long insulated air mattress at the REI garage sale with a reported bad valve. The valve was damaged and I though it was worth the gamble to try a r...

In Make Your Own Gear » Air mattress rescue story
February 06, 2:24pm

Re: Re: Fully beaked tarps?
The GoLite Shangi-la 1 is just like that and has the floor and nest options. Look at the Six Moon Designs offerings too-- lots of room, six stakes, one pole, poncho or plain tent options, bug n...

In GEAR » Fully beaked tarps?
February 06, 10:16am

Re: Re: Re: UL ballhead for DSLR?
"I don't understand your last sentence: "If its a monopod, then just move said monopod to desired angle and set timer and hit the button". The only times I've used self timer...

In Photography » UL ballhead for DSLR?
February 05, 8:40pm

PIF Books: California Coast Walks, Glacier & Waterton Parks Trail Guide, etc
PIF steps: 1. The item offered below is free but YOU must pay shipping. 2. You must also "Pay it Forward" by posting something free (must be worth the cost of shipping). 3. Your &quo...

In Gear Swap » PIF Books: California Coast Walks, Glacier & Waterton Parks Trail Guide, etc
February 05, 6:32pm

Re: Reply to sleeping in clothes.
"I keep the wet stuff I took off in a pile under the tarp. I know from experience it won't dry out over night, and I just put them back on (cold and wet) in the AM." I think some r...

In Gear Lists » PCT / summer backpacking list -- input appreciated
February 05, 3:09pm

Re: UL ballhead for DSLR?
Looks fine for a short zoom, but that is it. Good weight and price. The caveat in using a ball head is that they "creep" a little after tightening down, particularly if overloaded. That i...

In Photography » UL ballhead for DSLR?
February 05, 1:55pm

Re: Vest or down hooded jacket?
Patagonia Micro Puff vest and Power Stretch hoodie. A down vest is nice for low bulk and weight--- if the precip and humidty are low. Down hooded jacket for sub-freezing stuff. Terrible in col...

In GEAR » Vest or down hooded jacket?
February 05, 1:05pm

Re: REI 200W Polarfleece Jacket/Sweater, Mens XL $15
Lowered price, Friday night bump!

In Gear Swap » REI 200W Polarfleece Jacket/Sweater, Mens XL, Green
February 04, 7:26pm

Black bear deterrents
I saw a ranger use an M-80 type fire cracker on a black bear in Olympic National Park. You know, a black bear can move really fast if scared-- you don't want to be in the way :)

In GEAR » Does bear spray work with black bears and what brand?
February 04, 11:02am

FS: Pacific Crest Trail Hiker's Handbook by Ray Jardine
Still available! Buuuuuump.

In Gear Swap » FS: Pacific Crest Trail Hiker's Handbook by Ray Jardine
February 04, 10:51am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.