BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 4991 - 5000 of 7171 | Page: 1 ...491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 ...718

Forum » Thread

Re: Trekking pole straps
Franco's link is excellent. I'm not really grasping the handles hard unless I am really pulling myself up a big step and I'm probably wrong there. This sort of strap technique is standa...

In GEAR » Trekking pole straps
October 19, 12:01am

Re: My thoughts on shells
Nice blog! +1 on wind shirts. I have an "original" GoLite windshirt that has pockets and a hood and is a heavyweight at 8 ounces, but it works great-- gotta have those pockets. I wear ...

In GEAR » My thoughts on shells
October 18, 11:35pm

Waterproof socks
How wet is the question I guess. I use waterproof/breathable mid-style boots for winter hiking--- with a big difference in weight. I agree that waterproof low tops don't work--- it's like l...

In GEAR » How to keep a small lady's foot warm, dry?
October 18, 7:59am

Re: All new gear kit for only $1000
MSRP???!!! The HORROR! I can do it used/recycled for under $200.

In GEAR » All new gear kit for only $1000
October 15, 9:38pm

Re: cottonballs with vasaline firestaters
You can actually overdo it (been there done that). You don't need to completely saturate the cotton, just get some worked into the outer layers. When in use, you can peel them open a bit and gi...

In GEAR » cottonballs with vasaline firestaters
October 15, 9:35pm

Fall clothing layer list
I've been fiddling with different layering schemes, trying to get a versatile, warm, and dry kit for the Western Cascades and Olympics for Fall weather. Emphasis on rain and temps to around fre...

In Gear Lists » Fall clothing layer list
October 15, 8:16pm

Re: Zing Standard Neoprene DSLR Camera Case **SOLD**
SOLD

In Gear Swap » Zing Standard Neoprene DSLR Camera Case
October 15, 2:32pm

Small lot of hiking essentials **SOLD**
**Sold!** I found I had some duplicates and put this little batch of goodies together. Sold as a lot only. From 1:00, clockwise: Log House Designs insect head net. Good visibility, noseeum...

In Gear Swap » Small lot of hiking essentials
October 15, 2:28pm

FS: GSI Halulite Minimalist Pot/Cup **SOLD**
**SOLD** I bought this one at the beginning of the season and never got around to using it. I think it is a natural for an Esbit or pop-can stove. It is brand new/unused, without the box. 6.3oz/...

In Gear Swap » FS: GSI Halulite Minimalist Pot/Cup
October 15, 9:25am

Re: LL Bean Rucksack
I had one of the LL Bean Continental rucksacks. I think they are very useful for travel and around town. I see your point, but it is pretty heavy. What I was getting at is why someone hasn't...

In GEAR » Whatever happened to rucksacks?
October 14, 9:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.