Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 4991 - 5000 of 7825 | Page: 1 ...491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 ...783

Forum » Thread

Re: light lockblade knives
I've been using a Spyderco Bryd Flight model as a work knife and I'm very pleased with it. That particular model is on the heavy side for hiking (4oz), but the fit and finish are excellent ...

In GEAR » light lockblade knives
April 23, 10:10am

Re: Re: Skins
Matthew said, "Maybe I can run into him in Aug if he's hiking west out of Denver. Get the scoop." Sneak up on his camp and leave him a Jam in trade :) Packrats!

In GEAR » Skins packs coming to market!!
April 23, 9:16am

Re: Re: bottle source for toiletries...
I've bought small plastic vials in small batches on eBay. Stores that sell scented oils often have a great selection of small vials. Flip tops are an accident waiting to happen. In prefect...

In GEAR » toiletries... what do you take?
April 23, 9:00am

Re: Americans Buy Stuff They Don’t Need
I'm really offended! I NEED my hiking gear, UNDERSTAND? :) All my hiking gear together wouldn't buy a nice sailboat winch. My first impression was that electronics have added to these nu...

In Chaff » Americans Buy Stuff They Don’t Need
April 23, 8:52am

Withdrawn by seller
Withdrawn by seller

In Gear Swap » Osprey Aether 30 backpack, medium, blue
April 23, 12:38am

Re: toiletries... what do you take?
All liquids decanted to the smallest possible container to cover the duration of the trip: Sunscreen Insect repellent Gel toothpaste Alcohol gel hand cleaner Dr. Bronners Other items: Mo...

In GEAR » toiletries... what do you take?
April 22, 11:29pm

Re: Affordable mid-weight fleece jacket
Most 200w fleece jackets are around 16-19oz. Hoodies are hard to find and your 22oz example is pretty typical I think. I would save pennies until you can get a better option. I use a Power Stre...

In GEAR » Affordable mid-weight fleece jacket
April 21, 7:24am

Withdrawn by seller
Withdrawn by seller

In Gear Swap » FS/Trade: Black Diamond Boost backpack, large, slate blue
April 19, 8:05pm

Re: FS: Golite Shangri La 1
I'll take it, if available. PM sent.

In Gear Swap » FS: Golite Shangri La 1
April 19, 11:27am

Re: Hot canister
I wonder if the canister gets hot from heat transferring down the neck of the stove rather than the radiant heat? With no windscreen in place, there is a lot of air available to cool the neck of th...

In Make Your Own Gear » Snow Peak stove windscreen
April 18, 8:29pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.