Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 4991 - 5000 of 8046 | Page: 1 ...491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 ...805

Forum » Thread

Re: Why is a stove part of an "ultralight" system <3 days?
Dale's First Heresy of Hiking: Ultralight backpacking is a technique, not a religion. I subscribe to the Ultralight Canon where and when it suits me. I try not to lose as grip on the concep...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why is a stove part of an "ultralight" system <3 days?
July 04, 11:01am

Re: Re: Why do A-holes drink light beer?
My last day hike was 13 miles of dirt road from the highway to the trailhead and I only saw one piece of litter the whole way--- a Bud Light box. I couldn't help but think of this thread :)

In Philosophy & Technique » Why do A-holes drink light beer?
July 03, 2:16pm

Favorite day pack and base weight?
What's your favorite day pack? What is your day hiking base weight? I take food, emergency/survival essentials, a potty kit, an extra layer, a rain shell or poncho, gloves, hat, map and com...

In GEAR » Favorite day pack and base weight?
July 03, 2:11pm

Re: Re: How not to cross a river!
I found my photo of the Monte Cristo log crossing. That downstream sweeper was closer than I remembered-- you can see it in the upper left corner. Like I said, fall off the big log either way and y...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How not to cross a river!
July 03, 12:33pm

Re: Drug induced psychosis
I worked as a crisis intervention volunteer in the 1970's. I call it Fried Flower Child Syndrome.

In GEAR » ULTIMATE Gear Review
July 03, 12:17pm

Re: Sizing
It is a full US XL size -- 25" across the armpits.

In Gear Swap » FS: Marmot DriClime Vest, Mens XL
July 03, 12:15pm

Re: Re: ULTIMATE Gear Review
"He has lots of guns, and he likes carrying them around in the backcountry." Whew, that makes me feel so much better. [Twilight Zone theme song mash-up with the Deliverance soundtrack ...

July 03, 11:29am

Withdrawn by seller
Withdrawn by seller

In Gear Swap » FS: Marmot DriClime Vest, Mens XL
July 03, 11:20am

Withdrawn by seller
Withdrawn by seller

In Gear Swap » FS: Mont Bell Long Sleeve Wicking Teee Women's Large Sage Green
July 03, 11:15am

Re: ULTIMATE Gear Review
I remember that guy-- a total wack job. I didn't connect the two. So how does a fruitcake like that get such nice gear? Raiding cars at the trailhead?

July 03, 1:45am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.