Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tom Kirchner (ouzel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest/Sierra
About Me Leave no tracks.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Kirchner

Showing 4981 - 4990 of 6518 | Page: 1 ...490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 ...652

Forum » Thread

Re: Trail runners or boots for the Sierras?
"To the people who are hiking the Sierras (especially in the southern half): Are you wearing boots or trail runners?" Mid ankle trail runners: Inov8 Roclite 370's, used to wear Mo...

In GEAR » Trail runners or boots for the Sierras?
February 10, 6:20pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Economic Growth Takes Care of Population Growth
"But the second to last words will likely be spoken by the nation with the largest military. I don't see this culture going without a hell of a fight- taking what it needs from wherever it...

In Editor's Roundtable » Made in China - A State of the Market Report
February 10, 6:16pm

Re: Running with 50 #
"Fill up your pack with fifty pounds of water (or less!) run up hill on trail. Dump out the weight at the top. Do that for several consecutive days." Run uphill with 50#??? Several co...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Training for a speed hike.
February 10, 5:28pm

Re: Re: Geezers?
"Something ye old geezers don't get." Huh??

February 10, 5:19pm

Re: Re: Chafing
"Bodyglide... mmmm better than sex" Huh? ;}

February 09, 8:20pm

Re: Re: From a Fellow European
"That is one idiotic comment!" Only one of many in this thread, methinks.

In GEAR » SMD Lunar Solo E misinformation/copyright infringement
February 09, 6:30pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Economic Growth Takes Care of Population Growth
"but the behaviour of the two big powers at Copenhagen leaves me with a grim feeling that things will not go well for many of us in the near future ;( " That's the queasy feeling I...

February 09, 6:29pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Economic Growth Takes Care of Population Growth
"No, it's more likely going to be humans that don't live in a country with a $685,000,000,000 a year military budget that get taken to the woodshed." Precisely the contrary, Cr...

February 09, 6:25pm

Re: Re: GG LT-4 and Titanium Goat Adj. Poles
"My expectation -- from reading various user feedback -- is that the LT4's should not have any problems with fussy gripping." If you use them long enough, Ben, they will begin to s...

In GEAR » GG LT-4 and Titanium Goat Adj. Poles
February 09, 5:08pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Economic Growth Takes Care of Population Growth
"But it's all really irrelevant-climate change will no doubt take care of a lot of the excess population AND consumerism ;)" +1 I have this queasy feeling that the human race is...

February 09, 4:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Kirchner

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
Having used both of the above mentioned combinations(only with a Mens' Prolite 3), I heartily concur with their rating(s). It would be hard to find a piece of insulation/protection/padding that g...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
October 27, 5:20pm

ULA Circuit
Pro's: 1) Light; 2) Durable for the weight(like Kevin, I've done some off-trail/bushwhacking(Wanda Lake to Martha Lake via Davis Lakes/N. Goddard Creek) with only minor abrasion on the waist...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 29, 6:16pm

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
Scott, Check out travelcountry.com for the eco-mesh shirt. They have free shipping whereas Railriders charges a pretty hefty fee. I've been using this shirt for years and consider it the best S...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 06, 5:27pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
Hi David, What you are experiencing with your Prolite-4 is a common phenomenon in my experience with the Prolite-3. It is, however, easy to mitigate. Just position the valve next to your shoulder o...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 04, 5:17pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
I've used the Prolite-3 almost since it came out with good success. It compresses well, is very light FOR ITS SIZE(what would a TorsoLite weigh if it was 20"x48"??), and insulates just ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 15, 6:02pm

REI Peak UL
I've been using the Peak UL carbon fiber poles(womens' non antishock 3 section model-11.2 oz/pr) ever since they came on the market and have been ecstatic about their performance. Like some other pos...

In Trekking Poles
November 04, 5:58pm