Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 4971 - 4980 of 5517 | Page: 1 ...489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 ...552

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Groupthink at camp MYOG..
Perhaps the OP does have one really good point. Instead of evolution of gear, where is the "improbable" or "impossible" gear? The model T is not a lot different than the Taurus,...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Groupthink at camp MYOG..
January 18, 2:30pm

Re: Re: External Pad Pocket versus Sweat
Here is a technique that may help. If you are carrying a light enough load, you can peridically just let the pack hang on one shoulder, just like purse. It allows you back to ventilate. With my Mur...

In GEAR » External Pad Pocket versus Sweat
January 18, 2:21pm

Re: External Pad Pocket versus Sweat
If you have a foam pad or against your back, or the pack material with an internal pad sleeve against your back, you are going to sweat. You just need to get used to it. Now if you want something l...

In GEAR » External Pad Pocket versus Sweat
January 17, 4:43pm

Re: Solo shelter options
Aaron, Some food for thought... First of all, there are some really light weight sectional poles you can use in lieu of trekking poles. Check of GG, MLD, TarpTent, etc. I have a Wild Oasis...

In GEAR » Solo shelter options
January 15, 1:17am

Re: Regional Forums
I like the simplicity of BPL Forums, and the fact I am not overwhelmed by the number of 'special interest' forums. I say, lets keep the forums ultra light (pun intended), and not add add...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Regional Forums
January 15, 1:04am

Re: ersatz frame
Robert, I think you asked some excellent questions. To me the best answer is that no single pack is going to be perfect for every trip. On most trips I can get by with my GG Murmur... somewhat s...

In GEAR » What do you think of the Zpacks?
January 15, 1:00am

Re: BPL Improvements
Actually, I like BPL just as it is, except for one item. It is simple and easy to navigate. There are no pesky online adverstisng banners and the such. One thing I would like to see in the "...

In Chaff » BPL Improvements
January 15, 12:49am

Re: Why Did You become a Lifetime Member?
Only for a selfish reason. I enjoy and find value in the resources here. Figured my money would help keep it going.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why Did You become a Lifetime Member?
January 15, 12:37am

Re: Who is your daddy and what does he do?
When people ask me this same question, it is hard to explain what I do, or what my company does. I work for a global supplier of "outsourcing" solutions to automtotive manufacturers an...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Who is your daddy and what does he do?
January 15, 12:29am

Re: Water carrying location in pack
I usually carry one liter in each side pocket and the rest as high and forward as I can. Recently I carried a total of 6 liters on a trip. In the pack I used a 2L bottle and two 1 Liter bottles so ...

In GEAR » Water carrying location in pack
January 14, 4:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am