BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 4951 - 4960 of 5366 | Page: 1 ...487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 ...537

Forum » Thread

Re: sleep system advice
>> Thanks for the advice. It's good to see that there generally people don't have any problems using down systems in wetter weather. Keep in mind that those posters, along with mys...

In GEAR » sleep system advice
June 19, 8:53am

Re: My first UL solo overnighter
>> I plan on exploring most of California from lake tahoe down. Tne state is bigger than you think! :)

In Post-Trip Reports » My first UL solo overnighter
June 18, 6:38pm

Re: gecko replacement for new foretrex 301/401 ?
I dislike rechargeable batteries if they are not easily replaceable by the user. I believe all the ForeTrex models, except the 101 do not have replaceable batteries. I maybe wrong. If one relies on...

In GEAR » new garmins foretrex 301 and 401
June 18, 9:35am

Re: August Backpacker Mag - the Ultralight Camping Guide
Okay, I hate BP magazine. I was one of original subscribers. I dumped them when they went mainstream-glitz. But lets be fair. There is no universal UL definition. What UL is to us, is somethi...

In Chaff » August Backpacker Mag - the Ultralight Camping Guide
June 16, 9:54pm

Re: coulumbia sportswear
I like some of their Titanium clothing articles.

In GEAR » coulumbia sportswear
June 16, 8:31pm

Re: Leave No Trace Ethics
LNT in over-used areas probably requires extra-ordinary measures. That is why I avoid them. Plus, I am not going to pack-out my p**p. Next they are going to want us to pack out our pee.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Leave No Trace Ethics
June 16, 4:15pm

Re: Re:Temp rating of BPL Cocoon 60 quilt
Similar experience on my part. Good to around 60F by itself. 50F with some insulated clothing.

In GEAR » Temp rating of BPL Cocoon 60 quilt
June 16, 11:36am

Re: Smoking and Hiking
Why not just go on a BPing trip for a week or two without any supply points. Don't take any smokes. That way you are forced not to smoke cold turkey for a week or two.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Smoking and hiking...
June 16, 1:02am

Re: Katadyn Drinking Water Tablets
The trick to avoid waiting is to arrive at your water source at meal time, with a little water in your container. You have some water to drink, you boil your meal water, and start the tablets in yo...

In GEAR » Katadyn Drinking Water Tablets
June 15, 5:10pm

Re: re: J Tree
I'm not sure I agree with J Tree being a model. I first went to J Tree about 10 years ago. I've been there 4 times in total now, as recently as last year. There have been a lot of change...

In Chaff » Graffiti and Government Bullcrap
June 15, 12:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am