Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4951 - 4960 of 7581 | Page: 1 ...487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 ...759

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Wisconsin petri dish
"I have no expertise in how to build an electronic system. However, a centralized system would create a unique, identifiable, sequential record in the database for every ballot cast. " ...

In Chaff » The Wisconsin petri dish
April 08, 12:14pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Wisconsin petri dish
"The groups that are more likely to not have a driver's license are older people, unhealthy people, poor people. These groups are more likely to vote Democrat." And, according t...

April 08, 12:09pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Wisconsin petri dish
"The Ohio law requires one of driver's license, passport, military ID,... or a free or low cost ID card. But, it's a hassle to get the card. You have to get to the bureau, wait in line...

April 08, 11:51am

Re: PIF: Free Map
ROFFL! Unfortunately, I readily admit to having visited the place once or twice. Gotta tell ya, no real view at all of anything but the sun when your nose is pointed so sharply 'north.'

In Gear Swap » PIF: Free Map of MHG Hill
April 08, 7:08am

Re: Re: Public Apology to the BPL Family
"This forum is so much more than a gear outlet." Most certainly! It's where EVERYTHING, including a simple apology, gets debated and bandied about ad nauseum (gosh, I've used a...

In Gear Swap » Public Apology to the BPL Family
April 07, 5:15pm

Re: Re: Government shutdowns ?
"But it seems that America belongs to the Government instead?" Nah, it belongs to the wealthy. They bought the government a long time ago.....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Government shutdown - effects on thru-hikers?
April 07, 5:11pm

Re: hahaha
"... realize that there are a lot of people who come here for information ... but don't necessarily feel like they have anything useful to add to the discussion." That, obviously, ...

In Gear Swap » Public Apology to the BPL Family
April 07, 2:54pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: USPS will remain in business
"Excellent point, I did not infer differently. BUT... can you imagine the pain a private's family will face, while he is fighting in the middle east? Politics at its worse." Didn&#...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Government shutdown - effects on thru-hikers?
April 07, 1:08pm

Re: Question for the Mods
"Asking the Mods to draw this line may not be the best course." +1 Already too many rules in life. We already seem to self-police pretty well. I'd prefer to keep it that way.

In Gear Swap » Question for the MODS
April 07, 12:57pm

Re: Re: USPS will remain in business
"Seems like military and federal police [added by Doug: and any excepted personnel, many civilian federal workers are excepted from furlough] will have to work, but may not get paid during the...

April 07, 12:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am