Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4951 - 4960 of 7194 | Page: 1 ...487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 ...720

Forum » Thread

Re: HA
"Lol! 41 as of the 11th and it's not even the 11th yet on the East Coast." He simply wrote the date wrong. After all, day 40 is listed as the 9th.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Initiative...12,500 miles, one year, will he do it?
February 10, 8:22pm

Re: Two day trail for winter hike between Boston and Albany?
If you don't mind doing a point to point, any part of the trail in NJ on the AT ending (or beginning, for that matter) at Delaware Water Gap (NJ/PA border) is nice. I've never done it in wi...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Two day trail for winter hike between Boston and Albany?
February 09, 7:32pm

Re: Asia
It seems to be pick on SMD day on BPL. FWIW, I just went to Ron's site, and nowhere did I find any statement where Ron calls SMD a 'cottage gear company.' That's a label we're i...

In Make Your Own Gear » American Silnylon not Acceptable?
February 09, 5:30pm

Re: PayPal Instant Transfer vs. e-Check for Gear Swap purchases?
Hi Nathanial, Haven't heard of it, and haven't, as yet, experienced it (knock on titanium)... Sucks if that's what's happening though. Thanks for the heads up.

In Gear Swap » PayPal Instant Transfer vs. e-Check for Gear Swap purchases?
February 09, 2:55pm

Re: Re: Asian Vs. US Silnylon
"(Berry Law to be exact)" The Berry Amendment, to be more exact. And it's a slightly misunderstood amendment as it stands now. It only requires DoD to "give PREFERENCE in proc...

In Make Your Own Gear » American Silnylon not Acceptable?
February 09, 1:45pm

Re: Fishnet underwear, once again
"I was wondering if fishnet underwear would reappear. It was all the rage in the early 1970's, before the synthetics appeared. Colin Fletcher reports wearing fishnet in the military during...

In Editor's Roundtable » Winter ISPO 2011: Day 3 - A Smorgasbord of Worldly Flavors
February 09, 12:24pm

Re: Cocoa mix
A number of cocoa mixes don't require boiling water, just hot water. The Wegman's brand is one that I know of.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Cocoa mix
February 08, 6:17pm

Re: Link
Damn you Danny! Just when I thought I had all the gear I wanted....... Thanks a lot!

In Editor's Roundtable » Winter ISPO 2011: Day 2 - Powered by Nutella
February 08, 5:54pm

Re: Woodburning stove "Burn-Off"
Would like to know a bit more about this burn off. I'm bringing a secret stove, think I might like to enter the fray.....

In GEAR » Woodburning stove "Burn-Off"
February 08, 12:37pm

Re: Re: Re: Can't agree
"Our LE would have done nothing. We already have millions of illegal immigrants here and what do we do about it?" Ah, finally. Now we're only missing abortion and guns.

In Chaff » Free the Hikers -Iran
February 08, 12:34pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am