Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4951 - 4960 of 6697 | Page: 1 ...487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 ...670

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: "removing p-o-o-p from profanity filter"
"In French? Hash" I thought it was Merde in French?

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » removing p-o-o-p from profanity filter
July 09, 2:24pm

Re: Re: Re:"removing p-o-o-p from profanity filter"
There was once an old geezer named Doug, Who, when asked about his singleness, just shrugged. But when reading Backpacking Light on his Mac, late at night, He would occasionally give his unment...

July 09, 2:23pm

Re: Home Schooling Sucks
I think you're missing one of the points David was making -- home schooling doesn't necessarily mean home schooling from K-13. It could be for a year, and could provide a tremendous benefit...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
July 08, 9:06pm

Re: Ultralight from scratch, not practical.
If I'm following your reasoning, then I should probably buy something like a 15-foot panel van as my first vehicle, since I may potentially need the extra space at some point (say if I'm mo...

In GEAR » Ultralight from scratch, not practical.
July 08, 7:19pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: removing p-o-o-p from profanity filter
" they refer to it as sliding on their "unmentionables."" Heck, I was listening to a story on the radio today and some woman referred to her underwear as her unmentionables. ...

July 08, 7:13pm

Re: Re: Re: removing p-o-o-p from profanity filter
"Yeah, but I don't want to look illiterate in order to satisfy a computer." and p-o-o-p is.........? ;-)

July 08, 7:02pm

Re: removing p-o-o-p from profanity filter
"I would suggest removing p-o-o-p from the profanity filter. Sometimes we need to discuss it, and it's not exactly the most offensive word :-)" Just capitalize it. The profanity fi...

July 08, 6:44pm

Re: Re: Re: Trailstar with bug nets. Pictures
"I think there's a thread on here showing some pictures with that, but I haven't tried it yet." Trailstar thread ;-)

In GEAR » Bear Paw Tents, comments
July 08, 6:42pm

Re: Trailstar with bug nets. Pictures
Travis, As with a Duomid, couldn't you just use 2 poles in an inverted V instead of 1 center pole to keep the center area free?

In GEAR » Bear Paw Tents, comments
July 08, 5:42pm

Re: Re: Re: Home schooling
"With home schooling you aren't stuck with a bad teacher." You certainly can be. While I agree with many of your points, and believe home schooling can often outshine both private ...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
July 08, 8:23am

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am