BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4951 - 4960 of 6614 | Page: 1 ...487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 ...662

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Identify packs that require sleeping pads as frames
"For instance, it is my understanding that the Ohm has two pieces of fabric forming a sleeve for a sleeping pad." If so, that's new. My Ohm had two angled 'straps' at the t...

In GEAR » Identify packs that require sleeping pads as frames
June 21, 11:17pm

Re: Identify packs that require sleeping pads as frames
Don't know what you mean by required, but a sleeping pad is not required in the Ohm, you can certainly pack it and carry it quite comfortably without one.

In GEAR » Identify packs that require sleeping pads as frames
June 21, 10:51pm

Re: Summer Reading Recommendations
"The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao" by Junot Diaz. Great read. Not a new book (2007), but new to me! And Nate, both Under Heaven and Hitch-22 are available on my iPad! Only a pound ...

In Other Activities » Summer Reading Recommendations
June 21, 10:34pm

Re: Bears
Hey Dave! I did. Pretty wild stuff. Strange how the bear just suddenly started charging like that out of the blue! And incredibly fast! I have no experience whatsoever with Grizzlies. Not sur...

In Chaff » Maybe I should carry a gun in the backcountry....
June 21, 10:30pm

Re: FS: MLD cuben Pro solo tarp and Spinn grace solo
n/m

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD cuben Pro solo tarp and Spinn grace solo
June 21, 9:40pm

Re: Maybe I should carry a gun in the backcountry....
Grizzly bear attack kills man near Yellowstone Park

In Chaff » Maybe I should carry a gun in the backcountry....
June 21, 9:02pm

Re: Cuben Tent Fly
Very nice Dan! When will you be setting up shop? ;-)

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Tent Fly
June 21, 8:55pm

Re: Re: Re: yet another miscommunication.
"How can you disagree with this statement?" Easy! I read it differently than you meant it. I read it as your opinion, in which case I was disagreeing with your opinion, holding a diffe...

In Chaff » Terrorists finding a way in
June 21, 8:41pm

Re: yet another miscommunication.
(The more radical PETA people are delusional, IMHO. "A rat is a human"? Gimme a break.)" Agree completely, not a fan of PETA at all. "but I'll still agree that the sta...

June 21, 3:45pm

Re: Re: yet another miscommunication.
I heard an interesting story on the radio the other night about the RCMP story. The judge who recently released his report of the incident was pretty much lambasting the RCMP and their use of taser...

June 21, 11:01am

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am