Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4951 - 4960 of 7332 | Page: 1 ...487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 ...734

Forum » Thread

Re: Vapor Barrier
I've used the RBH VBL socks for quite some time to help reduce condensation in the foot of my bivy, and it's worked wonderfully. Bought an RBH VBL shirt and used it a couple of months ago i...

In GEAR » Bivy Condensation
March 01, 2:51pm

Re: Great!
"Edited: The heart shaped snow/hale is sweet too." You saw a heart-shaped snow patch, I saw my last girlfriend plunging a dagger again and again into my heart with blood spurting every...

In Photo Gallery » 3rd Annual BPLers GGG: Henry Coe - Aaron's MISC Pictures
March 01, 2:34pm

Re: Re: Teton Crest 2010
"This was an optional trip, put together by the students in an online planning course. The trip itself was not part of the actual course." This was very clear to all of us from the beg...

In Editor's Roundtable » Trip Report: 2010 Teton Crest Expedition
March 01, 11:43am

Re: Henry Coe
What a wonderful weekend of laughter, silliness, and very cool comaraderie. Thanks to the Kens for setting it all up and especially to Ken H for procuring my libation; thanks to Jay for the esbit, ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual Bay Area BPL Hike
February 27, 10:28pm

Re: snoring bear
+1 on the Arrowhead snoring bear pillow. Wonderful in the backcountry, and worth the weight, IMO. I use the smaller one in my hammock, the larger one when ground dwelling.

In GEAR » Best Camping Pillow?
February 27, 10:20pm

Re: leaving in the morning
Boarding soon, then on my way!

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual Bay Area BPL Hike
February 25, 5:22am

Re: Tyvek
Tarptent sells tyvek groundsheets for its tents. AntiGravity Gear sells it by the foot.

In Make Your Own Gear » Tyvek
February 24, 8:21pm

Re: Pillow
Actually, they work great as pillows! You just have to have something in them... ;-) But I really like the feel of cuben against the skin. It's actually kinda soft. Whenever I wear my cuben und...

In Gear Deals » Cuben Fiber Drybags and Titanium Ti-Eye Stakes Instock
February 24, 7:45pm

Re: Lazy Hanger Question
I use whoopie slings with carabiners.

In Hammocks » Lazy Hanger Question
February 24, 7:37pm

Re: sorry
Michael, this is a family site. If she had been nursing, well then, it would have been okay..... ;-)

In GEAR » ikea stove + imusa mug
February 24, 6:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am