Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4951 - 4960 of 6686 | Page: 1 ...487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 ...669

Forum » Thread

Re: Home schooling
""Surely this must promote a conservative/parochial up-bringing???" : "There is an element of people for whom that is a primary reason." Very true, but interestingly eno...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
July 07, 7:33pm

Re: Curious liaisons: Nature's weirdest sex li
ummmmm, n/m my apologies to those who got it within the 30 seconds it made me wait to delete it....... Yeah, I'm often still 12 or so.

In Chaff » Curious liaisons: Nature's weirdest sex li
July 07, 5:54pm

Re: "The Carbon Flame War"
"Doug - What is the claim that all the Himalayan glaciers will be gone by 2035 or that billions of people's homes will be under water in the near future but an appeal to fear? When cla...

July 07, 5:44pm

Re: Under Our Skin - Lyme Disease film
"Unfortunately there doesn't yet seem to be any option for obtaining private copies." You can buy it from the website you list in your post (along with bumper stickers, bracelets a...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lyme Disease: Challenging Old Stereotypes
July 07, 5:15pm

Re: ReLiberals vs conservatives
"this is a generalization and does not apply to individuals!" All generalizations apply to individuals! Just not all individuals...... ;-)

July 07, 4:18pm

Re: Re: "The Carbon Flame War" - why, why?
"why and when did conservatives in the US (and following on, conservatives in Australia) decide that climate change was a left-wing issue?" When they decided, (at least in the US), tha...

July 07, 8:28am

Re: "The Carbon Flame War"
Fracking -- I was just discussing this with my biking buddy, as a matter of fact. Interesting article.

July 05, 8:09pm

Re: iPhone 4
Juston, I hear ya (or don't as the case may be.....;-) I don't have the dropped call problem here in the DC area. It really does depend on where you live/work/use the phone. Verizon has ...

In Chaff » iPhone 4
July 02, 9:32am

iPhone 4
No lines. No waiting. No pre-ordering. I went to a local Best Buy yesterday with a friend who was looking for an iPad (most Apple stores seem to be out of them around here). While he walked over...

In Chaff » iPhone 4
July 02, 9:21am

Re: Re: Windshirts - What am I missing?-Andy
Ah, sorry Andy. I didn't actually click on anything, didn't realize stock was so low.

In GEAR » Windshirts - What am I missing?
July 01, 9:24pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am