Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4951 - 4960 of 7531 | Page: 1 ...487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 ...754

Forum » Thread

Re: No Stinkin' Powder for Me!
"So, has anyone tried this?" Of course! Now, it was decades ago, and it wasn't frozen. I tried to get Mom to stick it in the freezer but she was having none of that!

In GEAR » Dear Milkman Devotee
March 31, 7:24pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ya
"At least it might be good for a laugh how I twist anything into bad Republicans, good Democrats " Actually, that's what most people seem to do these days on either side of the ais...

In Chaff » Republican's attack on wilderness. Unconscionable!
March 31, 3:49pm

Re: Battle Anti-Wildlife Legislation with 'Save Our Skins'
"each animal uses a Twitter account to narrate their stories." Very cute idea. Personalize the stories to make them more meaningful to interested people. I wish you luck.

In Chaff » Battle Anti-Wildlife Legislation with 'Save Our Skins'
March 31, 3:28pm

Re: Re: on good teaching
"Basing salaries on seniority is good" If this is true, then you only incentivize people to get older, not better.

March 31, 11:29am

Re: PIF for the ladies!
"First up is a pair of very lightly used GooseFeet down socks. Got them for my girlfriend, who I recently broke up with." Most guys want the ring back, but a true backpacker.....! ;-)

In Gear Swap » PIF for the ladies!
March 31, 11:25am

trade schools
When I went to school, we had, basically, occupational education, or a trade school type setup. Don't remember what it was called. Seemed to work quite well. It was like advanced shop class! Ca...

March 31, 10:14am

Re: Re: Re: Republicans attack on wilderness. Unconscionable.
"Once you've cut off all the unemployment benefits and those little stimulus checks to the poor, what do you propose society should do with all those hungry, homeless people?" Two ...

March 30, 8:43pm

Re: Doug
"But it "would be" in our true best interest, to have an educated populace." Agree completely. I wish it were so.

March 30, 6:52pm

Re: Republican's attack on wilderness. Uncsoncionable.
"it's in everyone's economic interest that we have a highly-educated populace" I really disagree with this statement. If it was in EVERYone's economic interest, then we'...

March 30, 6:47pm

Re: eagletts anyday now..
Very, very cool Sheila! Thanks!

In Other Activities » EAGLES:LIVE WEB CAM..EGGS
March 30, 6:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am