BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4951 - 4960 of 6134 | Page: 1 ...487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 ...614

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Has BPL Stealth Nano Tarp shipped?
"I paid extra for priority mail. :-P" Ah, that's what I get for being cheap!

In GEAR » Has BPL Stealth Nano Tarp shipped?
March 19, 1:46pm

Re: Re: Re: Has BPL Stealth Nano Tarp shipped?
"Got my tarp today." A BPL staffer gets his tarp before the rest of us, and then has to rub it in! That's just cruel.... ;-)

In GEAR » Has BPL Stealth Nano Tarp shipped?
March 19, 12:28pm

FS: Nunatak Arc AT long - SOLD
This quilt is sold. I have a Nunatak Arc AT long, with 1.5 oz overfill. Excellent condition, used 3-4 times. Always stored uncompressed. $235 includes shipping to lower 48, does not include payp...

In Gear Swap » FS: Nunatak Arc AT long
March 19, 5:54am

FS: JRB Mt Washington 3 quilt-SOLD
This quilt is sold. I have a JRB Mt. Washington 3 quilt, excellent condition. Used half a dozen times. I don't have the compression sack anymore.

In Gear Swap » FS: JRB Mt Washington 3 quilt
March 19, 5:52am

Re: 10L Dromedary
I think Christopher Plesko was looking for one of these, might want to PM him.

In Gear Swap » 10L Dromedary
March 18, 8:03pm

Re: Vibram Five Fingers
"Douglas, you don't have this problem, do you?" So THAT'S why I can't get the darned things to fit! It all makes sense now! ;-)

In GEAR » Vibram Five Fingers??
March 18, 1:54pm

Re: Vibram Five Fingers
"You could use the Injini 'toed' socks with these." I actually bought the socks to see if that would solve my problem. It didn't, my little toe kept falling out of its slot...

March 18, 10:52am

Re: "Bay area BPL April"
Thanks David! I think I'll wait for a longer trip and fly out for that. Would love to put BPL faces to names, but as I PM'd Ken, flying 6 hours, then driving/riding six hours, twice, for a ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Bay area BPL April
March 18, 8:09am

Re: Vibram Five Fingers??
I've really wanted to like these, bought two pair to try to make them work, but, alas, they just don't fit my feet. I have a short and curly little toe, it simply won't 'stay in'...

March 18, 8:05am

Re: sprouts
"I can post full instructions if anyone is interested." Yes please! :-) Thanks!

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » How far can REAL food travel?
March 17, 8:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am