Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4951 - 4960 of 6789 | Page: 1 ...487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 ...679

Forum » Thread

Re: Charge for Gear Swap
"Doug, that's a tough one." Well, I have been known to be wrong before...... ;-)

In GEAR » BPL Subscription
October 12, 12:53pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: BPL Subscription
"If nothing else, at least charge for the gear swap forum." That's all we need... another eBay! not" Not sure how making the forums part of the subscription -- or at least ...

October 12, 12:38pm

Re: Re: Re: BPL Subscription
"I don't understand why anybody would want to buy a wrong gear item in the first place, but apparently people do. I don't." How boring! I buy wrong gear items all the time. It&...

October 12, 12:31pm

Re: Re: Re: BPL Subscription
"I realize that I may be in a minority here." Perhaps only partially. I read very few of the articles, truth be known (and I guess, now, it is!). I've always felt that BPL should c...

October 12, 12:27pm

Re: Tuscarora Trail
Interesting trail, I've done pieces of it. I wouldn't do the entire thing, though, as there are long road sections that are not much fun. FWIW.

In Post-Trip Reports » Tuscarora Trail
October 09, 11:36am

Re: Just 3 More Days to Go...
Ben, Have a great trip! Are you using the iPad during this trip? Take care, Doug

In Chaff » Just 3 More Days to Go...
October 09, 11:34am

Re: What's Your Weakness?
Fit, cute women wearing UL backpacks and lightweight hiking shoes. Or did you mean something else?

In GEAR » What's Your Weakness?
October 07, 4:34pm

Re: It's not just NIWA
"Call it pollution, deforestation, over-fishing, oil spills and all sorts of things. There's no 'perhaps' about it. Humans have done this. The climate is, 'perhaps', just o...

In Chaff » End of the Carbon Flame War Thread
October 06, 7:01pm

Fingers and sticks
So I finally was persuaded on a recent Teton hike (by Pat Starich) to use sticks instead of toilet paper for ... well, you know. Worked great. And I could use my finger for stirring my coffee witho...

In Chaff » Fingers and sticks
October 06, 6:40pm

Re: "Best Free Stuff?"
"I steal some sugars to go." Appropriate (verb) is a much nicer word, don't you think? ;-)

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Best Free Stuff?
October 06, 6:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am