BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4951 - 4960 of 6564 | Page: 1 ...487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 ...657

Forum » Thread

Re: FS: MLD cuben pro tarp/bug bivy-still available
Both are still available.

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD cuben pro tarp/bug bivy
June 13, 11:47am

Re: Is the Iphone 4 good enuf for trail camera?
Plenty of apps on the app store for panorama stitching. Just remember the front-facing camera isn't as good as the rear facing one, it's VGA quality only. So it'll be fine for self port...

In Photography » Is the Iphone 4 good enuf for trail camera?
June 13, 8:28am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Reflectix
Would slipping be a problem in a wet shower? Perhaps put something on the bottom to make them a bit 'sticky'?

In Make Your Own Gear » Reflectix
June 12, 9:09pm

The $25 sale
All jackets/vests are $25 each, including shipping, but not including paypal fees. All jackets/vests are in great condition except where noted. All of these jackets/vests are probably 5 years old o...

In Gear Swap » The $25 sale
June 12, 8:38pm

Re: Re: "What am I missing here?"
"Then again, if no woman will come near me, how will I pass on the mutation to the next generation? ;-(" Sperm banks. Just shower before you go.......

In GEAR » Best next-to-skin layer
June 12, 6:39pm

Re: cotton = rotten
"cotton kills!" It's true. I had a friend who decided after a hard hike to take a nap. He was so tired he never felt the pillow case slowly wrap around his neck as he twisted and t...

In GEAR » Super thin cotton t-shirts? Blends?
June 12, 5:14pm

Re: poncho
Sorry, no poncho nor stuff sacks!

June 12, 4:55pm

Re: I really shouldn't
What the heck. You've been on a buying spree lately Andy, might as well just keep it going....... ;-)

June 12, 3:45pm

FS: MLD cuben pro tarp/bug bivy-SOLD
SOLD (both tarp and bivy): MLD Cuben Pro Solo tarp and MLD bug bivy. Both have never been used, never even been out of the house, so I'm selling them for what I paid for them. tarp: $164 inc...

June 12, 3:30pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ti-tri / Caldera Cone: ideas for packing, storing, & protecting
"Douglas, I believe you meant 5.3 fluid ounces, not milliliters." I don't drink much? Of course, you're right! 5.3 floz. Oops! ;-)

In Make Your Own Gear » Ti-tri / Caldera Cone: ideas for packing, storing, & protecting
June 12, 2:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am