BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4951 - 4960 of 6525 | Page: 1 ...487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 ...653

Forum » Thread

Re: Still Looking for Help
This place seems to have them, and ships to the US. EDIT: When I clicked on size, they all said "due in shortly." Sorry. This site might help you find a spot overseas that has them ...

In Chaff » NEED HELP - EUROPEAN MEMBERS CHECK IN
June 06, 7:38pm

Re: WTB: Lightweight Baselayer Hoodie-Patagonia
I didn't know moles wore headlamps!

In Gear Swap » WTB: Lightweight Baselayer Hoodie
June 06, 12:47pm

Re: Snowshoe recommendations
Nah, I have the Backcountry Rescues as well, but those are for me! ;-) I also have a pair of Elites that I would have let go, but they're much too small, as racers, to be used as a regular snow...

In GEAR » Snowshoe recommendations
June 06, 12:46pm

Re: My Weight
Ah. I have some Northern Lites, but they're not rated for that high.

June 06, 10:41am

Re: Snowshoe recommendations
how much do you weigh?

June 06, 10:13am

Re: Re: WTB: UL Paper
I guess you could always just buy a roll of tyvek and cut it down to size. Don't know how well that would xerox though. On the Xerox website they talk about a 13lb paper, but don't say w...

In Gear Swap » WTB: UL Paper
June 05, 4:13pm

Re: WTB: UL Paper
Best I could find was 15lb, which I assume is still heavier than you're looking for.

In Gear Swap » WTB: UL Paper
June 05, 4:06pm

Re: Neoair vs. Kookabay
I own a Neoair for summer, and a Kookabay DAM for winter. Like them both. Neoair isn't quite warm enough for winter, the Kookabay DAM is. But I don't need all that warmth in summer, so the ...

In GEAR » Neoair vs. Kookabay
June 05, 11:05am

Re: Sorry, not interested in the balaclava...
Realized my error and have already corrected my post. No, it's not too much to ask. And I agree, it would avoid misunderstandings. Going back to your original post, I don't believe mo...

In Chaff » Buying etiquette: sneaky buyers.
June 05, 9:47am

Blue Mountain Cashew Creamery
Anyone heard of it? I was wandering around my local grocery store, and saw some Blue Mountain Cashew Creamery 'ice cream' today, so I decided to pick up a pint of vanilla. Non dairy, made o...

In Chaff » Blue Mountain Cashew Creamery
June 04, 10:38pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am