Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4951 - 4960 of 6964 | Page: 1 ...487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 ...697

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: derivations
"I don't want to die without knowing the answer; With my spotty record, I may need it to get past St. Peter" I think it's pertinent to know what kind of pin, has a significant ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Weather in the Sierras
December 30, 6:06pm

Re: Lucky you Jed
Tent is sold.

In Gear Swap » FS: Nallo 2 GT
December 30, 6:00pm

Re: FS: Nallo 2 GT
Price significantly reduced!

In Gear Swap » FS: Nallo 2 GT
December 30, 7:51am

Re: Re: depends
"Depends???" I'm holding out for the merino wool depends.....

In Gear Lists » Winter clothing options
December 29, 9:43pm

Re: $150 haircuts
"and give me a one-hour massage to boot." Ah, nothing like a good massage. I get an hour-and-a-half massage every other Thursday night - been going to the same therapist for about 6 ye...

In Editor's Roundtable » 2010 Backpacking Light Staff Picks
December 29, 9:41pm

Re: Re: The SOLite is on the Cascade Designs site as an upcoming product
Sure

In GEAR » Thermarest RidgeRest SOLite
December 29, 6:52pm

FS: Patagonia Ascentionist Jacket - SOLD
SOLD FS: Patagonia Ascentionist jacket, darkish blue, size medium, excellent condition, only worn a couple of times around town.

In Gear Swap » FS: Patagonia Ascentionist Jacket - medium
December 29, 1:33pm

Re: Re: Thermarest RidgeRest SOLite
"I think the Solar and the SOLite are the same product with conflicting data in the specs." Not the same product. The Solar is a 'plusher' SOLite. The SOLite is basically the &...

December 29, 12:29pm

Re: Thermarest RidgeRest SOLite
They're confusing things. From Cascade Designs website: Based on the design of the original, legendary RidgeRest pad, the RidgeRest SOLite mattress is a great minimalist pad for 3-season use...

December 29, 12:06pm

Re: Re: Wearable sleeping bag
"I don't get it." For what I use it for, it's great. (Of course, I also don't care if people think I'm weird, that's a daily thing for me, I'm used to it....). ...

In GEAR » Wearable sleeping bag
December 29, 10:23am

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am