Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4951 - 4960 of 7262 | Page: 1 ...487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 ...727

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Only 30% of Americans Hold a Passport
"Saudi Arabia is my most exotic visa/stamp. Went there on business..." I went to Saudi Arabia once, by way of Iraq and Kuwait, on 'business.' They didn't stamp our passport...

In Chaff » Only 30% of Americans Hold a Passport
February 18, 1:50pm

Re: FS/FT: MLD SoloMid w/ 12" Net Skirt NEW - includes seam sealer, 6 titanium hook stakes & CUSTOM Bear Paw Inner Net Tent NEW
FWIW, you might think twice about getting rid of the PyraNet. Sleeping in a bivy can get old day after day on a long hike. I had a friend who started the AT with a bivy, switched it out for an SL1 ...

In Gear Swap » FS/FT: MLD SoloMid w/ 12" Net Skirt NEW - includes seam sealer, 6 titanium hook stakes & CUSTOM Bear Paw Inner Net Tent NEW
February 18, 1:45pm

Re: Only 30% of Americans Hold a Passport
I've got some cool stamps in mine. Croatia. Bosnia. East Germany. I've got a great story about getting the East Germany stamp. Well, I think it's great anyway.

February 18, 1:41pm

Re: Only 30% of Americans Hold a Passport
"Only 30% of Americans Hold a Passport" And you can't get it unless you pry them from our cold, dead fingers. Or warm dead fingers if they get there soon enough....

February 18, 1:40pm

Re: Favorite Powdered Electrolyte Drinks?
I'm partial to Nuun tablets. Not exactly a UL proposition, but easy, quick, and tasty. And no sugar. I carry a tube on most trips.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Favorite Powdered Electrolyte Drinks?
February 18, 12:27pm

Re: Green and Black
Green and Black is fabulous, as is Dagoba, both already mentioned. Dagoba also makes a chai hot cocoa that's pretty killer! And yes, I said that right, not chai tea, chai hot cocoa! It's ev...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Cocoa mix
February 18, 12:13pm

Re: Re: why not bother with 300 fleece when could use multiple 100 layers in one garment
"you do not want multiple thin layers that you'll get tangled up in" Not sure I'm reading it correctly, but I think the OP was asking why not one garment (expedition weight fle...

In GEAR » why not bother with 300 fleece when could use multiple 100 layers in one garment
February 18, 10:53am

Re: Best UL backpack for petite women? 4'7" 98lbs load of around 18 - 20lbs HELP!
Craig, I've got an MLD Burn, size small (not looking to sell it). Bring your wife over, we'll stuff it up with about 10 pounds and you and she can take a walk around my neighborhood for ...

In GEAR » Best UL backpack for petite women? 4'7" 98lbs load of around 18 - 20lbs HELP!
February 18, 10:10am

Re: The search for the ultimate hat is over
Classic! My upper lip often gets chilled when winter camping.....

In Chaff » The search for the ultimate hat is over
February 18, 6:10am

Re: How necessary are poles with snowshoes?
But if trekking poles are the work of the devil, wouldn't they just melt the snow? That would suck.

In Philosophy & Technique » How necessary are poles with snowshoes?
February 17, 8:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am