BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 4951 - 4960 of 5115 | Page: 1 ...487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 ...512

Forum » Thread

Re: Stove Lighter - Embedding an Image
Bob, I assume you have a small (150 dpi) jpg image somewhere - To embed an image enter some text, then ... Click the Insert Image at Cursor button, Above Right - ... Browse to that image ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Stove Lighter
August 07, 10:14am

Re: SMD lunar duo: easy to get a taut pitch
Dave, In your post you said 'All six in a “W” shaped single guy line is particularly effective and recommended by the tent’s designer.' I looked through the SMD site but could...

In GEAR » SMD lunar duo: easy to get a taut pitch?
August 06, 8:52am

Re: ultralight "roll-up" alcohol stove
Tobias, Very impressive design and outstanding craftsmanship. The folded edges and rivet reinforcements are a nice touch. I'm really curious on how did you formed the dovetails. Nice work.

In Make Your Own Gear » ultralight "roll-up" alcohol stove
August 06, 8:24am

Re: Re: NOLS Lightweight Backpacking 7/20-8/2/08
THANKS for the great shots, as well as the effort to get them posted.

In Post-Trip Reports » NOLS Lightweight Backpacking 7/20-8/2/08
August 06, 8:07am

Re: Do Carbon fiber hiking pole conduct electricity?
Additional insights here, towards the bottom of the article.

In GEAR » Does Carbon fiber hiking pole conduct electricity?
July 24, 8:48am

Re: Freedom of the blog
Tolerance is acceptance. I don’t want to be part of a community that accepts disrespectful behavior (speech). I don’t want to be part of a community that accepts denigration of race, ag...

In Chaff » Does anyone actually think that industrial civilization is sustainable?
July 06, 10:30pm

Re: Quilts
I use an Nunatak Arc, which has 2 grosgrain straps running across the open ‘bottom’. I bonded a loop of grosgrain to the bottom surface of my sleeping pad, about 6” towards my toes, for t...

In GEAR » Debunking the Myth: Quilts AREN’T as Comfortable as a Sleeping Bag
July 06, 7:24am

Re: Stove parts
Tony, MOMA or the Smithsonian will be contacting you any day now. A work of art. An impressive bit of design and fabrication. Thanks for the inspiration to go lighter, smaller and better.

In Make Your Own Gear » 8.8g SUUL remate canister stove
July 05, 3:12pm

Re: Windscreen heat reflector - good or bad?
David, My post above contains pointers to the articles you are wondering about. I'm curious....did you read it?

In GEAR » Snowpeak Litemax stove
July 03, 12:23pm

Re: Back Country Blanket x2
John, Tom made a custom BCB for us - 60" across the top, 45" across the foot, 72" long, and weighs 27.3 oz with the 18"x18" anti-draft flap at the top center. We ini...

In GEAR » Nunatak for couples
July 03, 11:55am

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm