Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 4951 - 4960 of 5463 | Page: 1 ...487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 ...547

Forum » Thread

Re: Montbell Thermal Sheet
Jamie, Are the baffles continuous, or is there a block opposite the zipper. Thanks for your time.

In GEAR » MontBell Thermal Sheet Users
February 12, 4:54pm

Re: Container for alcohol
John, My previous post contained quite an assumption - that we were talking about the same style of FlipTop. In the photo below I was refering the the white one on the left. If you are dealing...

In GEAR » Container for alcohol
February 12, 3:03pm

Re: ...
"If you get eVent (really) dirty it needs to be washed before it is waterproof again." It will remain waterproof, but not breathable, and all that sweat will feels like rain.

In GEAR » eVent rain gear?!?
February 12, 11:19am

Re: eVent rain gear?!?
[Do] they keep you dry when busting through soaking wet alders all day in the pouring rain. Better than anything else, but you'll still be damp, or wet. Also how well they will hold up wh...

In GEAR » eVent rain gear?!?
February 12, 10:41am

Re: Tight valve
Diane, you said "It says a tight valve causes the problem. Don't crank it down so hard." The recall says "Hazard: A tight valve attached to the stove's fuel source can al...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Jetboil recall
February 12, 9:32am

Re: Container for alcohol
John, Any large hardware store will have a selection of O-Rings in their small parts section. Take the cap and bottle with you and root around until you find the one fits snug in the top of the c...

In GEAR » Container for alcohol
February 12, 7:49am

Re: Re: I can't believe this!
Be happy that the corporation that processes peanuts doesn't control JetBoil...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Jetboil recall
February 12, 7:34am

Re: bear bags
I personally applied a skillet to the nose of a cub black bear, then continued to chased it out of camp. The next morning we could see where 'Mom' had paused to dig a little, and the punctu...

In GEAR » bear bags
February 11, 8:19pm

Re: Bug Shelter for 2
Chris, Consider it this way then...the bug net attaches to the ridge of the tarp and the tie-outs are extensions of the bug net 'roof', with the 'box' hanging off that at some poin...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bug Shelter for 2
February 11, 8:06pm

Re: Bug Shelter for 2
Chris, Drop the 'box' on the bottom in favor of a following the slope of the 'roof' to the ground. Unless you are going to use mini-poles at the corners and stake them they will ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bug Shelter for 2
February 11, 6:38pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm