Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 4951 - 4960 of 5592 | Page: 1 ...487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 ...560

Forum » Thread

Re: Just got an ACR PLB
Richard, It is sad that a private concern (Equipped To Survive Foundation) has to raise money to sort out the reliability of emergency devices "approved" by our government. And sad th...

In Editor's Roundtable » Personal Locator Beacons & Other Wireless Technologies for Backcountry Travel?
April 09, 9:07pm

Re: Roclite 318 - Womens Fit?
Any other women with 318 (or similar) experience? Thanks

In GEAR » Roclite 318 - Womens Fit?
April 09, 9:01pm

Richard- "Yes, it looks like McMurdo's reputation pretty much went down the tubes with that testing." I interpreted that the 2005 report found both the McMurdo and the ACR perfor...

In Editor's Roundtable » Personal Locator Beacons & Other Wireless Technologies for Backcountry Travel?
April 09, 8:56pm

Re: Drybag Product Thread?
Hey Ashley -- That thread got me to Granite Gears' AirVent Reduction Dryblocs, with an eVent bottom! Bingo. Thanks.

In GEAR » Drybag Product Thread?
April 09, 8:51pm

Richard, Your reference is to the 2004 test report. However, that report also include a link to a subsequent 2005 Report. In that 2005 report the results show the McMurdo and the ACR perf...

April 09, 8:40pm

Drybag Product Thread?
I recall, but cannot find (#@!3&^!!), a thread on dry sacks used for waterproof sleeping bag stuff sacks. I think one had a roll-top and eVent bottom. Can anyone with a better memory or ...

In GEAR » Drybag Product Thread?
April 09, 6:29pm

Roclite 318 - Womens Fit?
Any women with 'typical' low-volume, sorta-narrow heels wearing the 318's ? My wife is looking for a Womens' gortex shoe in a Womens US 11/12 - or whatever that translates into. ...

In GEAR » Roclite 318 - Womens Fit?
April 09, 11:29am

Re: hot knife buying advice?
I use a "pencil style" always-on soldering iron. I think it is a Weller. (I'm not at home.) I use a piece of aluminum angle as a straightedge. When I cut a line I run the shoulde...

In Make Your Own Gear » hot knife buying advice?
March 22, 11:11am

Re: Re: Grand Canyon Rim-2-Rim-2-Rim
Andy, Very impressive! Congrats on the Hayduke and The Run...

In Editor's Roundtable » Grand Canyon Rim-2-Rim-2-Rim
March 21, 9:13pm

Re: DuoMid inner mesh?
This thread shows what I did for a DuoMid Bugnet. It will be interesting to see what Ron comes up with.

In GEAR » UL All Purpose Shelter
March 18, 9:50am

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm