Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 4951 - 4960 of 5231 | Page: 1 ...487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 ...524

Forum » Thread

Re: LightTrek 4 poles
OK, we're getting closer... Same compression method on the GG as on the AGPs, but the GG expansion plus is about 1.5" long versus .5 on the AGP. That could help quite a bit. Th...

In GEAR » New Gossamer Gear Poles
December 07, 7:53pm

Re: Platypus reply:
nm - wrong thread

In Gear Lists » I did it! 5 lb Base Wt
December 07, 7:46pm

Re: Adjuster mechanisms
Josh, Thanks for the update. I have AGPs and I've been Very happy with them. However the locking mechanism is far from stellar. Over the course of a year and maybe 50 trail days it has be...

December 07, 2:59pm

Re: Re: Lightest knife +
Take this for a knife found Here on BPL, and 2 quarters for the canister.

In GEAR » Lightest knife +
December 07, 2:28pm

Re: toilet Paper Free Expeditions
Mike, Your gear list showed you use a Platy for water. With or without a hose? If without, how do you manage to flood the critical path? Even with a hose there have to be a few tricks? I...

In Gear Lists » I did it! 5 lb Base Wt
December 07, 2:22pm

Re: Recognize it?
Yep! I do. Now. And to think I did the 4 Passes Loop in October of '07. Guess I've got to go back for a longer look....

In User Test Forum » load photo
December 06, 5:56pm

Re: Re: LightTrek 4 poles
Mark, Is the locking mechanism similar to the AGPs, where a small rubber plug is internally compressed/buldged via a threaded rod? Or a completely different approach?

December 05, 10:00am

Re: Sleeping Bag for Dog?
Karl, Slight thread drift here... Be sure your 10 year old dog is up to a backpacking trip. Nothing is more woeful that a suburban marshmallow floundering halfway through the trip. My apo...

In GEAR » Sleeping Bag for Dog?
December 02, 7:18pm

Re: Different kind of problems
To recent and future posters to this thread, if you have issues I encourage you to take 15 minutes to call Petzl and then send in your e+. It is the only way something will change. They'll ...

In GEAR » Petzl e+ Switch Failure
December 02, 7:07pm

Petzl e+ Switch Failure
Just a FYI on my experience with a Petzl e+ Lite. I do like this LED headlamp. It is small, powerful, easily, adjustable, and has a reported 45 hour burn time. It has 2 intensity settings in wh...

In GEAR » Petzl e+ Switch Failure
December 02, 5:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm