BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 4951 - 4960 of 5154 | Page: 1 ...487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 ...516

Forum » Thread

Re: WM Highlite vs Summerlite
Frank, If you only sleep with the straps between you and a pad then they will seem long. In colder situations this is often t he case. But if you run the straps under a sleeping pad the free en...

In GEAR » WM Highlite vs Summerlite
October 05, 1:58pm

Re: ULTRALITE SICKNESS
David, What lighter? I can find "blow torch" "jet" lighters but they are all piezo's, which don't work above 8000' Is yours flint and wheel? Thanks.

In GEAR » ULTRALITE SICKNESS
September 29, 11:18am

My Condolences
I cannot imagine all that you are going through. Remember to call on friends and family for help and support. Do what you need to do. Talk with your daughters. Take care of yourself. My...

In Chaff » Cancer Treatment Centers of America
September 29, 6:57am

Jay, Pretty nice piece of gear. Thanks for the stats.

September 28, 3:15pm

Re: winter sleep system
Mike, Thanks for the details. Maybe.....I'll consider some winter camping.... Maybe.

In GEAR » winter sleep system
September 28, 1:52pm

Re: winter sleep system
Mike, 19 days is impressive, even for a summer trip! How many times did you move...and dig a new cave? And I assume you carried all food, as resupply logistics would be tough. Do you recall...

In GEAR » winter sleep system
September 28, 12:16pm

Jay, What tarp is this? Your 3 season gear list says SpinTwin, but I don't think so... I'm curious about the dimensions and the height as pitched. It looks like great coverage. T...

September 28, 12:10pm

Re: Bivy Condensation ?
Art, Thanks for the succinct observations. Weight is a consideration that is driving me to a light highly breathable top versus a heavier eVent bivy. I figured in a tarp environment I would...

In GEAR » Bivy Condensation ?
September 27, 3:17pm

Re: Lightest Long Sleeve Zip Top?
Why the Zip requirement ? - I'm usually hiking the Rockies, usually above 10,000, usually in constantly changing conditions. The sun is out for the uphill grinds, and it will be hailing on ...

In GEAR » Lightest Long Sleeve Zip Top?
September 27, 12:58pm

Re: Lightest Long Sleeve Zip Top
I just found a Montbell Zeo-Line 3D Mesh that is a Long Sleeve Zip, listed at 5.3 ounces. Any other lightweights out there? Thanks.

In GEAR » Lightest Long Sleeve Zip Top?
September 26, 7:27am

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm