Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 4951 - 4960 of 5637 | Page: 1 ...487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 ...564

Forum » Thread

Re: R-Value
The science are right. Perhaps even conservative by not considering the air gap between parts. Can you provide the CD source for your consternation?

In GEAR » Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Pads
April 26, 2:10pm

Re: sleeping cold..need help
Joseph, IMHO I think it's the lack a bottom insulation. First convince yourself that the sleeping bag is adequate. Find enough bottom insulation - RidgeRest, Thermarest, generic, to have...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » sleeping cold..need help
April 26, 2:04pm

Re: what's wrong?
nm.

In Gear Swap » Granite Gear Nimbus Ozone w/extras
April 24, 2:58pm

Re: McMurdo PLB
Steve, A friend was airlifted about 90 miles to a hospital. $14,000. I'm not going to worry about rescue, and especially so if I have a policy that will cover most of it.

In GEAR » McMurdo Fast Find PLB model 210
April 24, 2:16pm

Re: FS: Golite Ultra 20 - Price Drop
I just learned from 'John A' that FrontCountry.com has these on sale at $170. So my price goes down to $160, which includes shipping.

In Gear Swap » FS: Golite Ultra 20, Regular
April 24, 1:44pm

Re: McMurdo PLB
Steve, The Colorado Outdoor Recreation Search and Rescue (CORSAR) fund is used to reimburse Search and Rescue teams for their expenses to find and extract you. It is not insurance. If someone do...

April 24, 1:33pm

Re: FS: Golite Ultra 20
......bump...

In Gear Swap » FS: Golite Ultra 20, Regular
April 24, 12:25pm

Re: Quilt Drift
Mike, I assume you looked into the Climax Mine, run by Phelps Dodge? Although it is a hardrock mining operation, there is a need for many types of engineers Mechanical, Electrical, Hydrology, e...

In GEAR » Yet another quilt advice request
April 24, 12:17pm

Re: McMurdo Fast Find PLB model 210
Congrats! And I hope you never need to use it.

April 24, 9:49am

Re: Are You Combining Clothing with the Bag?
Dean, You don't mention what clothing layers you'll be using. Getting double duty out them is key to minimal weights and warm nights. If you are using a hoody and puffy pants for camp ...

In GEAR » Yet another quilt advice request
April 24, 9:44am

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm