Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 4951 - 4960 of 5218 | Page: 1 ...487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 ...522

Forum » Thread

Re: Nunatak in winter?
Paul, What will you be using underneath? It needs to be substantial, like a combination of a full length Thermaraest and 3/4" Evasote, or something similar. There are a few recent threa...

In GEAR » Nunatak in winter?
December 01, 9:10pm

Re: SOLE
Ryan, Are the arch support an heel cup fairly rigid, and the heat moldable stuff the top sheet? Or is the arch formable as well? g.

In GEAR » Diagnose my Socks...
December 01, 3:32pm

Re: Sole brand footbeds
The SOLE footbeds really challenge my brain. If you have "flat feet" and need an "arch support", how do you accomplish that by heating these and then standing on them? Wou...

December 01, 11:30am

Re: F.S. I.D Thru Hiker Jacket
E-Mail Sent.

In Gear Swap » F.S. I.D Thru Hiker Jacket
November 30, 2:47pm

Re: Thanks for all the replies...
Brian, If you do have flat feet and you do have foot pain, do consider some $40 "cut to fit" orthodics like Superfeet or Downunders. You will more be comfortable, be able to go fart...

November 30, 1:37pm

Re: Never Mind
If you are concerned about the weight of a bag use caution at Hermits Hut. An Alpinlite I ordered was 7 ounces over what I expected, and it cost me 15% to return it. Confirm the weight before...

In Gear Deals » WM Bags
November 30, 1:26pm

Re: Re: Toilet Paper Free Expeditions
nm

In Editor's Roundtable » Toilet Paper Free Expeditions
November 28, 10:50am

Re: Hold your breath...
Dave - In the Lightweight Rainwear 2008 article was a mention of Dry Freak which looked like this - but is a fluoro-polymer coating, as opposed to 'nano'. But hey, it...

In GEAR » New UL material?
November 26, 3:15pm

Re: Terra Nova Photon – Static Cling?
The advice from Terra Nova is - "No sorry there is nothing to address this issue over an extended trip." "Sorry we can't be more helpful." Me too.

In GEAR » Terra Nova Photon – Static Cling?
November 25, 8:10am

Re: Post to track
James - 'Bookmark' it. And give it a meaningful name. g.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Question of the day?
November 23, 9:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm