BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 4951 - 4960 of 5161 | Page: 1 ...487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 ...517

Forum » Thread

SOLD: Western Mountaineering Bag
SOLD I purchased this bag in the early 1980's, but don't remember any of the official details. It has seen little use and has been well taken care of. With the bag laid out flat and ...

In Gear Swap » FS: Old Western Mountaineering Bag
October 11, 1:45pm

Re: 1 1/2 Titanium Goat poles
Tim, How did they break? I understand snapping a lower caught in rocks, but the failed upper is a concern. Are you a big guy and just hard on stuff, or are these sort of delicate, or.... ?? ...

In Gear Swap » 1 1/2 Titanium Goat poles
October 11, 12:10pm

Re: Caldera Cone for Brasslite 550?
Jamie, I've got this setup and it works well. I use the 550 mug for the top on the Caddy. I built a Reflectix cozy for the bottom half of the Caddy. While dinner is soaking, another 2 cups...

In GEAR » Caldera Cone for Brasslite 550?
October 11, 7:57am

Re: Critique my first 3 season (L) gear list
Stuart, You mention the challenge of knots. When it's cold, or I'm brain dead, I'M challenged with knots.... Take a look at the LineLocks, on the Mountain Laurel Designs site. They ...

In Gear Lists » Critique my first 3 season (L) gear list
October 09, 9:55pm

Toggle
I'm looking for Vick's definiton #2 - short rod...... Much easier to insert and remove than the blunt end of a cord lock. I didn't find them at Seattle Fabric, but did send off a...

In Make Your Own Gear » Who Sells Toggles ?
October 09, 6:44pm

Who Sells Toggles ?
I'm looking for the gizmos that are used to hold back netting, or a fly. Not a cord lock toggle. They typically thread through a loop or a ring. Montbell uses them as pad and pillow conn...

In Make Your Own Gear » Who Sells Toggles ?
October 09, 8:31am

What Knife?
Kershaw's folding TwoCan - 0.830 oz A surgically sharp blade with a serrated scissors option Easy to hold and use...

In GEAR » What knife do you carry backpacking?
October 08, 9:24am

Re: WM Highlite vs Summerlite
Frank, If you only sleep with the straps between you and a pad then they will seem long. In colder situations this is often t he case. But if you run the straps under a sleeping pad the free en...

In GEAR » WM Highlite vs Summerlite
October 05, 1:58pm

Re: ULTRALITE SICKNESS
David, What lighter? I can find "blow torch" "jet" lighters but they are all piezo's, which don't work above 8000' Is yours flint and wheel? Thanks.

In GEAR » ULTRALITE SICKNESS
September 29, 11:18am

My Condolences
I cannot imagine all that you are going through. Remember to call on friends and family for help and support. Do what you need to do. Talk with your daughters. Take care of yourself. My...

In Chaff » Cancer Treatment Centers of America
September 29, 6:57am

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm