BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 4921 - 4930 of 5284 | Page: 1 ...484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 ...529

Forum » Thread

Re: torso length question
Monty is right about the hip belt on light packs. If I carry only 2L of water and minimum food with my GG Murmur, I take the belt off. If I am carrying more water and food and the total weight gets...

In GEAR » torso length question
June 08, 12:26pm

Re: Re: MSR Titan Mini Cookset: lid for 1L pot
Dave, You fold the foil and place it inside the pot for travel. Unfold it and use it as a lid for cooking. Wind can blow it away. Foil folded for packing. Foil lid on a Foster can. ...

In GEAR » MSR Titan Mini Cookset: lid for 1L pot
June 08, 12:22pm

Re: re
A proper fitting pack is critical. For UL packs, I like Gossamer Gear and ULA. There are several other oustanding companies. You can get a great pack for under $200. Also, great buys can be found h...

June 08, 11:21am

Re: Re: Sandals
Raphi, Some ultra marathoners just use the five-fingers alone. The ancient mexican runners used Hurraches, because they were limited to that materials were available to make a shoe. When I was i...

In GEAR » Good article on running footwear
June 08, 10:42am

Re: Asics Piranha SP
Matt, This is a tough one!! I have a pair of the old model Asics Hyper Xcs flats. The material is mesh with polyester lining inside of them, so not a breathable as a mesh only shoe. The size 12s...

In GEAR » Good article on running footwear
June 08, 10:35am

Re: torso length question
Rob, Use a cloth tape measure. Have someone measure your torso. Several websites have pictures of how to do this. My son is 6'3" and wears a medium pack. But, he has long legs. If pu...

June 08, 10:21am

Re: MSR Titan Mini Cookset: lid for 1L pot
My concern is usually to keep the contents inside the pot. I use a cuben fiber stuff sacks for my various stoves. ZPacks sells a variety of these. This is my Caledera Cone set up. I do not use t...

June 08, 10:17am

Re: How do you pack a frameless pack?
When I have a base weight under 10lbs, I pack in the order I need items. Not worried about heavier items at the top, because there are no heavy items, other than water and food. All my UL packs ...

In GEAR » How do you pack a frameless pack?
June 08, 10:05am

Re: RailRiders
Sid, I don't have the Regulator, but own several other RR products. It is made from the same material as their other shirts, so it is not going to work as a windshirt. Zipping the side vents...

In GEAR » I want Thorofare ZIP OFF Pants
June 08, 9:56am

Re: MSR Titan Mini Cookset: lid for 1L pot
Aluminum foil works on just about any pot.

June 08, 9:24am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am