Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tom Kirchner (ouzel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest/Sierra
About Me Leave no tracks.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Kirchner

Showing 4911 - 4920 of 6844 | Page: 1 ...483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 ...685

Forum » Thread

Re: Silence
"Silence, like darkness, is hard to come by; but mind and spirit need its sustenance." True silence is hard to come by, even in wild places, but to be savored when found. I differenti...

In Chaff » Silence
May 26, 6:20pm

Differentiating
One thing I haven't seen proposed so far(maybe I missed it somewhere) is differentiating between users and dealers/importer/manufacturers. There have been many enlightened proposals for how to...

In Chaff » Stop and Identify Laws
May 26, 5:39pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: problem solved
"Likewise, I find it hard to believe that SB1070 will solve the problems of illegal immigration. It just allows a bunch of politicians to act tough." If you believe, as I do, that one ...

May 26, 5:26pm

Re: Re: Nativism
However you spell it, it's easier to spell than xenophobia. ;}

In Chaff » Border Wall Threatens Fragile EcoPreserve
May 23, 9:08pm

Re: hydration help
"Besides using supplemental things such as vitalyte/gatorade, what can I do to help my body stay hydrated?" I'd look more thoroughly into the subject of electrolytes for a start. ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » hydration help
May 23, 9:06pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ohm / CDT hipbelt @ Nia
"ULA lists the new version of the ohm at 22.6 oz. I think that's about the same weight as the older styled + pockets." That's what I needed to know. Looks like I'm out $50...

In GEAR » The ULA Unique Selling Point (for me)
May 23, 8:59pm

Re: Re: Re: Ohm / CDT hipbelt @ Nia
"You can get your old ohm updated. I just sent mine in for the change. Cost me $50 including return shipping." Thanks for the beta, Nia. Do you know how much of a weight penalty, if a...

May 22, 5:55pm

Re: Re: Re: "PCT method question-Smokies"
"You do not need to do the PCT meathod in the Smokies." That's why it's called the PCT method. ;)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » PCT method question
May 21, 8:41pm

Re: Ohm / CDT hipbelt
"The Ohm & CDT have a new hipbelt design. See photos at ula-equipment.com" I just took a look at the photos, Casey, and it looks like you've addressed the hip belt issue very w...

May 21, 8:30pm

Re: Re: Re: Illegal aliens @ Lynn
"So it's time to reduce the standard of the American dream, or we all go down the gurgler." What's that giant sucking sound I hear in the background? ;} +1 your whole pos...

May 20, 8:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Kirchner

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
Having used both of the above mentioned combinations(only with a Mens' Prolite 3), I heartily concur with their rating(s). It would be hard to find a piece of insulation/protection/padding that g...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
October 27, 5:20pm

ULA Circuit
Pro's: 1) Light; 2) Durable for the weight(like Kevin, I've done some off-trail/bushwhacking(Wanda Lake to Martha Lake via Davis Lakes/N. Goddard Creek) with only minor abrasion on the waist...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 29, 6:16pm

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
Scott, Check out travelcountry.com for the eco-mesh shirt. They have free shipping whereas Railriders charges a pretty hefty fee. I've been using this shirt for years and consider it the best S...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 06, 5:27pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
Hi David, What you are experiencing with your Prolite-4 is a common phenomenon in my experience with the Prolite-3. It is, however, easy to mitigate. Just position the valve next to your shoulder o...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 04, 5:17pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
I've used the Prolite-3 almost since it came out with good success. It compresses well, is very light FOR ITS SIZE(what would a TorsoLite weigh if it was 20"x48"??), and insulates just ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 15, 6:02pm

REI Peak UL
I've been using the Peak UL carbon fiber poles(womens' non antishock 3 section model-11.2 oz/pr) ever since they came on the market and have been ecstatic about their performance. Like some other pos...

In Trekking Poles
November 04, 5:58pm