Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tom Kirchner (ouzel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest/Sierra
About Me Leave no tracks.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Kirchner

Showing 4911 - 4920 of 6952 | Page: 1 ...483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 ...696

Forum » Thread

Re: JMT weather
"Do I need to be concerned at all with rain gear? Does it rain much at all during that time?" If you want to be prepared for the freak storm, pick up an O2 Rainshield or Dri Ducks WPB ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT weather
June 25, 5:39pm

Re: Re: @ Rich
" I haven't figured out if I'm just going to eat nothing but Mountain House food or try to find something lighter. I guess that's the big concern." Rich, If you pay care...

In GEAR » Pinnacle or Catalyst
June 25, 5:31pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Inyo NF rules- Re:Ursak and the JMT
"So, do you advocate that we preserve the right to bear arms, or the right to arm bears?" Bears are already armed to the teeth, so to speak. As for preserving my right to "be...

In GEAR » Ursak and the JMT
June 24, 9:10pm

Re: Re: Inyo NF rules- Re:Ursak and the JMT
"It's never "failed" me but it's never been assaulted either," I think this is the crux of the issue. Avoidance is the best protection. Otherwise you're in an a...

In GEAR » Ursak and the JMT
June 24, 8:51pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Puppies and homeless folks
""Do you know who a hero is? Nine times out of ten, a hero is someone who is tired enough, cold enough, and hungry enough not to give a Damn. ..."" I wonder how many of us th...

In Chaff » Terrorists finding a way in
June 24, 8:44pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: @ Greg
Greg, Many thanks for the generous offer. However, I think that by the time you added up shipping and ingredients you would have way over paid for whatever I might have contributed. The most v...

In GEAR » Energy Gel
June 24, 6:11pm

Re: Re: @ Greg
Right on, Greg. Excellent work.

In GEAR » Energy Gel
June 24, 5:27pm

Re: Re: bleach and Re: Re: 1 liter bottles
"Either way, the weight is so minuscule it's not even worth quibbling about." C'mon, Ben. You've been around here long enough to know better than that. ;)

In GEAR » conserving ClO2 tablets
June 24, 5:18pm

Re: Re: Re: Puppies and homeless folks
"However, I am working really hard at being a good Buddhist which means I should try harder to treat all sentient beings the same", which poses a dietary dilemma: Will you be a vegetaria...

In Chaff » Terrorists finding a way in
June 23, 6:12pm

Re: Re: Re: Friggin' Great.
"Growing up is for suckers." It's nice to know I'm not the only one afflicted with Peter Pan Syndrome. Boogie on, Craig!

In Chaff » Friggin' Great.
June 23, 5:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Kirchner

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
Having used both of the above mentioned combinations(only with a Mens' Prolite 3), I heartily concur with their rating(s). It would be hard to find a piece of insulation/protection/padding that g...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
October 27, 5:20pm

ULA Circuit
Pro's: 1) Light; 2) Durable for the weight(like Kevin, I've done some off-trail/bushwhacking(Wanda Lake to Martha Lake via Davis Lakes/N. Goddard Creek) with only minor abrasion on the waist...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 29, 6:16pm

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
Scott, Check out for the eco-mesh shirt. They have free shipping whereas Railriders charges a pretty hefty fee. I've been using this shirt for years and consider it the best S...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 06, 5:27pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
Hi David, What you are experiencing with your Prolite-4 is a common phenomenon in my experience with the Prolite-3. It is, however, easy to mitigate. Just position the valve next to your shoulder o...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 04, 5:17pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
I've used the Prolite-3 almost since it came out with good success. It compresses well, is very light FOR ITS SIZE(what would a TorsoLite weigh if it was 20"x48"??), and insulates just ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 15, 6:02pm

I've been using the Peak UL carbon fiber poles(womens' non antishock 3 section model-11.2 oz/pr) ever since they came on the market and have been ecstatic about their performance. Like some other pos...

In Trekking Poles
November 04, 5:58pm