BPL Community Profile

Tom Kirchner (ouzel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest/Sierra
About Me Leave no tracks.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Kirchner

Showing 4911 - 4920 of 5645 | Page: 1 ...483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 ...565

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: "Pink guns are sweet"
"Anyone know where I can get a pink machete?" What calibre?

In Chaff » Stop Blaming Guns!!!
March 31, 6:32pm

Re: R1
"It is great to hike in with a light weight shirt under in sub freezing weather but is probably overkill for most three season kits." I'd agree, Andrew. It's too heavy and you...

In Gear Lists » Addition of Patagonia R1 Hoody?
March 30, 8:35pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kill Kill Kill"Stop Blaming Guns!!!"
"Actually, I was thinking more along the equivalent of wearing a kevlar vest ;)" Is that what they call 'em in Kiwese? ;}

March 30, 8:24pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Kill Kill Kill"Stop Blaming Guns!!!"
"However, I am very much in favour of birth control in the above mentioned pests!" Lynn!!! That's just another form of gun control!!!!

March 30, 6:47pm

Re: Not really sure, Tom?
"Tom, I'm not really sure, but, I'm never usually hungry on my trips, although, my longest to date has been, 8 days" Michael, I'd say that if you can stay out 8 days and ...

In GEAR » ohm/Circuit
March 30, 6:05pm

Re: Re: Kill Kill Kill"Stop Blaming Guns!!!"
"Of course, humans are the biggest pest of all....." Which is, of course, the implicit argument in most of the pro gun post in this thread. :) "All of the cute furry creat...

March 30, 5:55pm

Re: ohm/Circuit- size considerations
Alice, 2 things I neglected to mention re Ohm sizing for me. I have a 17.5" spine measurement, and a 31" waist. For a woman's generally fuller waist/hips, the short hip belt wings ...

In GEAR » ohm/Circuit
March 30, 10:30am

Re: Interesting
HI Michael, With the exception of the bagels and MH meals, our food is about the same in volume, but those are 2 "biggies" over 10 days. Also, chopping up and then compressing the food ...

In GEAR » ohm/Circuit
March 30, 10:25am

Re: Food weight / type?
Hi Mike, I carry chocolate, a variety of nuts, a variety of sesame sticks, pita chips, potato chips, cheese crackers, olive oil, and a recovery drink which I take immediately after I stop hiking. ...

In GEAR » ohm/Circuit
March 29, 9:07pm

Re: ohm/Circuit
"I'm ready to hear a report/comparison from everyone who has tried both. Or did I miss it? Alice, I've been using the Circuit for 3 years now and just acquired an Ohm a few we...

In GEAR » ohm/Circuit
March 29, 7:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Kirchner

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
Having used both of the above mentioned combinations(only with a Mens' Prolite 3), I heartily concur with their rating(s). It would be hard to find a piece of insulation/protection/padding that g...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
October 27, 5:20pm

ULA Circuit
Pro's: 1) Light; 2) Durable for the weight(like Kevin, I've done some off-trail/bushwhacking(Wanda Lake to Martha Lake via Davis Lakes/N. Goddard Creek) with only minor abrasion on the waist...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 29, 6:16pm

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
Scott, Check out travelcountry.com for the eco-mesh shirt. They have free shipping whereas Railriders charges a pretty hefty fee. I've been using this shirt for years and consider it the best S...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 06, 5:27pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
Hi David, What you are experiencing with your Prolite-4 is a common phenomenon in my experience with the Prolite-3. It is, however, easy to mitigate. Just position the valve next to your shoulder o...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 04, 5:17pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
I've used the Prolite-3 almost since it came out with good success. It compresses well, is very light FOR ITS SIZE(what would a TorsoLite weigh if it was 20"x48"??), and insulates just ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 15, 6:02pm

REI Peak UL
I've been using the Peak UL carbon fiber poles(womens' non antishock 3 section model-11.2 oz/pr) ever since they came on the market and have been ecstatic about their performance. Like some other pos...

In Trekking Poles
November 04, 5:58pm