BPL Community Profile

Tom Kirchner (ouzel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest/Sierra
About Me Leave no tracks.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Kirchner

Showing 4911 - 4920 of 6076 | Page: 1 ...483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 ...608

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: UBE = you be
"Tom... So true. Remember the conversion to metric?" Ah yes. The only way you're going to take my pint away from me is to pry it from my cold dead fingers!

In Philosophy & Technique » Ultralight Backpacking Ethically (UBE)
October 29, 6:30pm

Re: I have an idea...
"This thread has gone beyond ridiculous." 'Tis the fate of all chaff.

October 29, 6:23pm

Re: Civic HX
"OK sorry if I offended the Civic HX club lol. But they are kind of boring compared to a CR-X." No offense at all, Jesse. I'll be the first to admit that a CRX is waaay more fun t...

October 29, 3:37pm

Re: Re: Coyotes Kill Hiker in Canada
"coyote attacks around Denver" Aren't these all in areas where humans are pushing into traditional coyote habitat, increasing the frequency of encounters and, therefore, habituatin...

In On the Web » Coyotes Kill Hiker in Canada
October 29, 3:33pm

Re: Plastic...
"Making things out of stuff that never really goes away is pretty crazy when you think about it though...." Maybe not, if you design with recycling in mind. Think the total product re...

October 29, 3:27pm

Re: UBE = you be
"And do you honestly get the impression that I would be in favor of Americans, as a group, "educating" anybody?" To be perfectly frank, Ana, in the absence of a specific sugg...

October 29, 3:24pm

Re: Straw
"For some reason though, it seems to be a lot heavier (250 grams)." Most likely a heavier filtering material. Ceramic??

In GEAR » Some new light water filters with vast claims
October 29, 3:13pm

Re: whitney
"don't worry too much about it. it's a long, but not difficult, hike up a good trail to the top. and you can't POSSIBLY be alone on it. you'll likely have 50 other people a...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Looking for Hiking Partner to hike Mt Whitney Summer 2010
October 29, 3:11pm

Re: 'Shrooms
"For the record, I have never introduced any mushrooms except wild chantrelles into my diet. :)" Ya coulda fooled me. ;}

October 29, 3:05pm

Re: crossing chihuahua with wolves
"Local rancher, at a fish and game meeting about wolf introduction suggested crossing wolves with chihuahuas." Not another steenkeeng chihuahua joke... ;}

In On the Web » Coyotes Kill Hiker in Canada
October 29, 2:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Kirchner

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
Having used both of the above mentioned combinations(only with a Mens' Prolite 3), I heartily concur with their rating(s). It would be hard to find a piece of insulation/protection/padding that g...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
October 27, 5:20pm

ULA Circuit
Pro's: 1) Light; 2) Durable for the weight(like Kevin, I've done some off-trail/bushwhacking(Wanda Lake to Martha Lake via Davis Lakes/N. Goddard Creek) with only minor abrasion on the waist...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 29, 6:16pm

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
Scott, Check out travelcountry.com for the eco-mesh shirt. They have free shipping whereas Railriders charges a pretty hefty fee. I've been using this shirt for years and consider it the best S...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 06, 5:27pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
Hi David, What you are experiencing with your Prolite-4 is a common phenomenon in my experience with the Prolite-3. It is, however, easy to mitigate. Just position the valve next to your shoulder o...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 04, 5:17pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
I've used the Prolite-3 almost since it came out with good success. It compresses well, is very light FOR ITS SIZE(what would a TorsoLite weigh if it was 20"x48"??), and insulates just ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 15, 6:02pm

REI Peak UL
I've been using the Peak UL carbon fiber poles(womens' non antishock 3 section model-11.2 oz/pr) ever since they came on the market and have been ecstatic about their performance. Like some other pos...

In Trekking Poles
November 04, 5:58pm