BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 4901 - 4910 of 5415 | Page: 1 ...482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 ...542

Forum » Thread

Re: "need" a new pack
Dennis, For base weights you are discussing I would go with a framed pack like the GG Mariposa Plus or the ULA Circuit at about 59 liters capacity each. You need to look at the recommended b...

In GEAR » "need" a new pack
January 12, 10:07am

Re: Re: Running shoes bad for the joints?
I'm going with Sid on this. Except for barefoot. I have a couple pairs of racing flats and they weigh 1/2 my Salamon Trail Runners and less than my Five Fingers.

In GEAR » Running shoes bad for the joints?
January 11, 7:11pm

Re: Solar solution to recharge laptop, please help.
I have some experience with solar, as my tent trailer has a solar system that allows me to be self-contained indefinitely. You need to perform some calculations. I will use the term panel to inc...

In GEAR » Solar solution to recharge laptop, please help.
January 11, 10:50am

Re: Multi-use photo thread
Matt, Great idea on using your foam pad as a wind screen!!

In Multiple Use Gear » Multi-use photo thread
January 10, 4:05pm

Re: Sand Gaiters
JJ, I don't feel that gaiters are really necessary with the Salamon shoes. They are a little higher in the ankle area, compared to other shoes I wear. They also have a band of insulation aro...

In GEAR » Footwear for hiking in sand
January 10, 12:32pm

Re: Did you feel that!?
>>Ho Hum!? Thanks Nick for belittling our experience. If a ground-shaking event bores you, I am saddened. NATURE IS NEVER BORING No intent to belittle anyone. We have 1,000's of earthq...

In Chaff » Did you feel that!?
January 10, 12:07pm

Re: Did you feel that!?
Ho Hum... I've lived in Calif most of my life. Been through a lot of 'big' ones. Thankfully, no one was hurt.

In Chaff » Did you feel that!?
January 09, 9:42pm

Re: Pack Cover for ULA
Many years ago I used rain covers on my Kelty and Gregory packs. For the most part they were a pain to use. They cover everything and make access to the outer pockets a pain in the butt. Even wi...

In GEAR » Pack Cover for ULA
January 08, 11:01pm

Re: "Footwear for hiking in sand"
I have no previous experience wit GoreTex footwear. I bought the Salamon GoreTex to experiment with snow conditions. I don't have problems with hot feet. For many years I tramped around deserts...

January 08, 10:50pm

Re: Footwear for hiking in sand
I really don't do anything special for lots of sand. Usually wearing the footwear that currently in favor with me. If you are talking about sand in places other than a beach, I normally wear...

January 08, 4:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am