Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 491 - 500 of 3707 | Page: 1 ...41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ...371

Forum » Thread

Re: Adding foot box vent to a bivy
Bivy makers seem to run the nonbreathable fabric bottoms too high up the footbox end. I would consider either altering the fabric of the foot box or cutting a slit across the footbox, adding a bit ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Adding foot box vent to a bivy
February 17, 4:26am

Re: Are Teva shoe/sandals a good choice as a camp shoe on a one week hike?
For creek crossings and camp, Tevas can work, but there are lighter options. Search the forums for camp shoes to see what others use. It would need to be a sturdier "shoe" if using to cro...

In Gear Lists » Are Teva shoe/sandals a good choice as a camp shoe on a one week hike?
February 17, 4:18am

Re: New Cooking Fuel
https://www.facebook.com/pages/UtilityFlame/197064727038985 I figure the toxicity statement is more aimed "possibly" at the fumes, but those probably are too. Everclear not toxic?..lol...

In GEAR » New Cooking Fuel
February 10, 6:29pm

Re: New 2013 Golite Gear
I'm disappointed they are not carrying their travelite carryon convertible backpack any longer.

In GEAR » New 2013 Golite Gear
February 08, 6:58pm

Imogene UL2
Not exact copy of Mtn Hardwear. The Golite left out the footend 2nd hub and only has one hub.

February 08, 4:39pm

Re: New 2013 Golite Gear
Imogene UL2 lighter than a TT Double Rainbow..lol

February 08, 4:33pm

Re: Mississippi: Thrupaddle in a folding kayak
Christine, thanks for sharing. Awesome trip.

In Post-Trip Reports » Mississippi: Thrupaddle in a folding kayak
February 03, 2:51pm

Re: @ John Shannon
The LGBT community does not have the civil or moral right to shove their alternative lifestyle down BSA throats. No pun intended.

In Chaff » BSA discrimination policy :(
February 03, 2:48pm

Re: BSA discrimination policy :(
Scout Oath 
 On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; to help other people at all times; to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and...

In Chaff » BSA discrimination policy :(
February 03, 7:03am

Re: Tips on flying with Backpack in checked in baggage
Always read for yourself. Common lighters are allowed in carry-on (no number given) or checked baggage (either no fuel or in approved container). http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/prohibi...

In GEAR » Tips on flying with Backpack in checked in baggage
January 25, 5:38am

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm