BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 491 - 500 of 3682 | Page: 1 ...41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ...369

Forum » Thread

Re: Cheap or DIY pulk?
Yep, you don't have to spend alot. In 2007 I used a Paris Glad-A-Boggan sled (2.5 pounds), same pvc pipes, cordage, and regular 1 inch webbing strap for the hipbelt. I also used the same webbin...

In Winter Hiking » Cheap or DIY pulk?
January 02, 5:12pm

Re: huh?
Brett, if you are naked you will sweat at 90 F.

In GEAR » Long sleeve shirt for sun protection
January 01, 6:49pm

Re: Hexamine has less odor
Esbit and Bleuet brand solid fuel are both hexamine (methenamine).

In GEAR » There Is Something Fishy Here
January 01, 10:27am

Re: how come esbit is not more popular?
http://thru-hiker.com/articles/stoveweight_vs_time_14days.php

In GEAR » how come esbit is not more popular?
January 01, 4:30am

Re: Cold weather face protection while sleeping?
My current method is a Mountain Hardwear beanie on my head and a buff around my neck (2/3 buff since I thought was too long). So I wear the beanie around camp and then pull the buff up as high as n...

In GEAR » Cold weather face protection while sleeping?
December 30, 4:57pm

Re: Ultralight Multitool?
It would be awesome if Victorinox made a version where you customized the parts yourself based on what you needed for a trip. That would sell like mad I bets.

In GEAR » Ultralight Multitool?
December 30, 4:53pm

Re: GSI pot gripper
Too hard to use GSI gripper on pot without handles? You'd have to grip at the lip which would not be fun to me.

In GEAR » How goes your going pot gripperless?
December 30, 12:14pm

Re: Mountain bikes
Who usually has right of way, the biker or hiker?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » "Damn those mountain bike hooligans!!!"
December 30, 12:12pm

Re: Stink
Good luck with that. I'd just wear Exofficio and rinse it out every few days while wearing my windshirt, IF I was hiking maybe with a supermodel...lol.

In GEAR » Long sleeve shirt for sun protection
December 30, 12:09pm

Re: Re: WAIT...
Chris, wouldn't that depend on how the down is processed after removal? Is the down processed at all to remove any natural oils (making it more waterproof while on the bird)?

In GEAR » Which of these 3 down jackets?
December 30, 12:06pm

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm