BPL Community Profile

Eric Lundquist (cobberman) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Dry side of the Eastern Sierra's
About Me Eric Lundquist has not added a biography yet.
StateNV
My PDF Gear List3-Season Sierra

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Eric Lundquist

Showing 491 - 500 of 628 | Page: 1 ...41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ...63

Forum » Thread

Re: ACR PLB and snake bites
This is one situation where I think that the Spot has the hand up on a PLB. You can send a "need help" instead of "emergency/911" message.

In Philosophy & Technique » ACR PLB and snake bites
November 15, 1:29pm

Re: REI Gear Closeout Bag
Make sure the Women's long - if intended for use by you - actually fits. I tried on a used REI Women's Flash +35* Long bag at a REI Member's garage sale and it definitely didn't f...

In Gear Deals » REI Gear Closeout Bag
November 12, 5:34pm

Re: Re: How low will you go?
I'm in the same boat. It's a balance between comfort and "ultra" lightweight. It's becoming easier to loose the weight around the middle than the weight on the back. As a p...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How low will you go?
November 12, 1:51pm

Re: Wanted: Ray Way Tarp Sewing Instructions
As others have said the Ray Way tarp is patented. Henry Shires, on the other hand, has provided instructions for his original Tarptent on his website. http://www.tarptent.com/projects/tarpdesig...

In Gear Swap » Wanted: Ray Way Tarp Sewing Instructions
November 11, 8:47pm

Re: Good points
I would imagine that any type of disconnect/change in flow direction would effect the flow rate. Check out US Plastics for adapters and disconnects. I've heard about them before from the fo...

In GEAR » Most efficient gravity filter system - need market update
November 11, 2:00pm

Re: tests
In this thread Ken Larson said that it took 226.7 seconds for 1L. In his review it took 171seconds on average. The difference could be use over time. His 226.7 second time for 1L is almost 4 min...

November 11, 1:38pm

Re: Eric
Just trying to help, as I'm very happy with mine. I just pulled the flow charts from Sawyer's website Filter Flow Chart Purifier Flow Chart These show that a 5Gal bucket with 3ft ...

November 11, 1:08pm

Re: prepriming process
Ike, I'm sure you've seen the photos of my setup with the filter as you were posting in that thread as well, but I thought I'd reiterate my experience. http://www.backpackinglight.c...

November 11, 10:06am

Re: I survived "Youth Deer Weekend"
I try and avoid trails with significant foliage and keep to higher routes above treeline so that I'm less likely to be in prime deer habitat and that I'm more visible as a non-deer. I keep...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I survived "Youth Deer Weekend"
November 10, 1:23pm

Re: Need ideas for a homemade water bottle holder
I have the older style of 1L platypus's (plural of platypus?) and they have markings for using a hole punch near the base gusset. If just going for a short jaunt, I'll put a spare guyline ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Need ideas for a homemade water bottle holder
November 09, 5:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Eric Lundquist

Eric Lundquist has posted no reviews.