BPL Community Profile

Brendan Swihart (brendans) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Fruita CO
About Me Brendan Swihart has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://outlivingblog.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brendan Swihart

Showing 491 - 500 of 579 | Page: 1 ...39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Forum » Thread

filter for group
Mallory I have a gravity filter for sale over at gear swap. great for groups. http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=48268&skip_to_...

In GEAR » Water Filter
May 25, 3:53pm

FS Sawyer gravity filter and Platy Big Zip
I bought it last fall. Everything works great. I just filtered into my water bottle but you could rig a clean bag if you wanted. I'm selling it because I use a steripen now.

In Gear Swap » FS Sawyer gravity filter and Platy Big Zip
May 25, 3:49pm

FS Sawyer gravity filter and Platy Big Zip
Sawyer gravity filter with 3L Big Zip, quick releases, and 1/32 tygon tubing. Included is the original platy tubing and just under 6ft of extra tygon tubing if you want to experiment. Everything&...

In Gear Swap » FS Sawyer gravity filter and Platy Big Zip
May 25, 1:30pm

merino 2
I have some merino 2 bottoms and they're lighter than icebreaker 150. I'm with you though, I want some merino 1 bottoms (I don't think they ever made bottoms in merino 1???)

In GEAR » recommend baselayer equal to merino one
May 24, 5:56pm

Dark Canyon
I haven't done the Woodenshoe/Peavine loop (definitely on my list) but I've been in lower Dark Canyon a couple times and it's an awesome area. Water would probably be easier than Needl...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Help me plan a 3 or 4 day backpacking trip - I live in Denver!
May 18, 10:38pm

New Balance MT101 sz 12 $40
Only worn on a couple day hikes. Really wanted to like them but they just don't fit my feet right. $40 shipped. The box was prematurely recycled so isn't included, if that matters to you....

In Gear Swap » New Balance MT101 sz 12 $40
May 18, 9:34am

Knife/tool help
Why not take pouches of tuna instead of cans? lighter packaging and you don't need a can opener. use bandana or clothing as potholder and get a victronix classic or wenger esquire (better sci...

In GEAR » Knife/tool help
May 11, 12:14pm

Steripen users advise
I use AW brand RCR123a from lighthound.com in my Opti. Very highly recommended. You definitely need high quality batteries for the Steripen, especially if you're using rechargeables. AW has ...

In GEAR » Steripen users advise
May 11, 9:47am

"Help on first backpacking trip in Utah"
Good suggestions so far. The Box was the first thing that came to my mind as well. Another good one might be Sulphur Creek in Capitol Reef. When are you wanting to go and how many days? A lot o...

In Post-Trip Reports » Help on first backpacking trip in Utah
May 11, 7:37am

silk yardage
cheaper here than thaisilks... http://www.dharmatrading.com/fabric/silk/habotai.html

In Make Your Own Gear » why is synthetic fill so popular for DIY warm weather quilts?
May 06, 10:58am

All Reader Reviews by Brendan Swihart

Brendan Swihart has posted no reviews.