Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ryan Smith (ViolentGreen) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me Ryan Smith has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Smith

Showing 491 - 500 of 1139 | Page: 1 ...41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ...114

Forum » Thread

Cool
I just did the Grayson Highlands/Mt Rogers hike this past weekend. Fox Creek to Damascus - 41 miles or so. It is truly a great hike that gets you out of the typical green tunnel that most Appalachi...

In Editor's Roundtable » A Guide to the Grayson Highlands
September 10, 5:22pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: the same?
No biggie Tom. The specs on that VIZZ look good regardless. Ryan

In GEAR » 1oz 40lumen headlamp
September 04, 8:54pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: the same?
The lamp in the OP uses CR 2032's, not 3xAAA's. So not really apples to apples there. Ryan

In GEAR » 1oz 40lumen headlamp
September 03, 5:41pm

Re: Re: legalization
How long did it take cigarettes to become passe? 70 years? I think it's reasonable to assume usage would increase if it was no longer illegal & readily available to the masses. I can ag...

In Chaff » legalize it
August 31, 3:56pm

Re: Re: legalization
Are the only benefits tax dollars and less people in jail? What are the consequences if usage goes up 20% once legal? Just throwing a number out there, not sure what actual figures would be. Increa...

In Chaff » legalize it
August 31, 12:24pm

Re: Ask an Anarchist
Ike, Has there ever been a sizeable group of people who lived under the non-system that you discuss? Seems that with 100 billion people born in the last few thousand years this has surely been a...

In Chaff » Ask an Anarchist
August 30, 6:31pm

Re: moved
Thanks for sharing your thoughts Ike. There is a lot to digest there. Ryan

In Chaff » Harvard proves gun control advocates wrong
August 29, 2:01pm

Re: World's lightest tee shirt: Rohan Ultra Silver Tee
1) Now I am sad I didn't jump in on that deal & get one of these. Darn it. 2) $36 for a T-shirt is a little high, but not really in the grand scheme of things. Especially given the spec...

In GEAR » World's lightest tee shirt: Rohan Ultra Silver Tee
August 21, 5:00pm

Re: Re: Re: the list
"Does that include illegal immigrants?" Tom, Of course it does, but that doesn't mean you and I agree on the subject. We most likely don't in fact. Which doesn't mean e...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Outside Mag calls an urban vancouver trail "most dangerous" top 10 hikes in the world
August 17, 1:43pm

Re: the list
Not trying to pick on you Dave, but I think that stance is more of what is wrong with this country than illegal immigrants or being compassionate for those from another country. Two parties disagre...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Outside Mag calls an urban vancouver trail "most dangerous" top 10 hikes in the world
August 16, 6:55pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Smith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Ohm
I've had an Ohm for about a year now and have taken it on a few trips. It's very comfortable provided that you keep it in the weight range it's designed for. When carrying 20-25 lbs it car...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 10, 5:36pm