BPL Community Profile

Ryan Smith (ViolentGreen) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me Ryan Smith has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Smith

Showing 491 - 500 of 997 | Page: 1 ...41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ...100

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: comfort
Ha...I don't even know! I was just giving you crap. I hike in the East also, so probably that many or more. Ryan

In GEAR » Shirt for chilly mornings
March 20, 11:59am

Re: Re: Re: Re: T-shirts
Sorry Ben, I didn't read your post before I responded to the OP's question. Great minds think alike I guess. It's kind of hard to describe, but it feels closer to a normal cotton sh...

In GEAR » T-shirts
March 20, 11:38am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: comfort
Yeah, I was mostly agreeing with his idea of sleeping in a dry shirt. Not necessarily his implementation(see the wind shirt advice). On another note, wow, you take a lot of tops for 3 season. Proba...

March 20, 11:31am

Re: Re: T-shirts
My favorite is the Manitou poly shirt from Golite. Functions the same as the other poly shirts, but feels better on my skin. A lot of the inexpensive ones have more of a slick, silky type feel that...

In GEAR » T-shirts
March 20, 11:20am

Re: Re: Re: comfort
I don't have a sweat soaked long sleeve, I have a sweat soaked short sleeve. I don't usually hike in long sleeves, just short sleeve + wind shirt until into the 20's. I'm speaking ...

March 20, 11:11am

Re: comfort
+1 with Spelt. Windy and 50 degrees is perfect wind shirt territory & you're already carrying one. See if you can find one that feels better on your skin. I have (3) different wind shirts ...

March 20, 10:50am

Re: Re: Re: 3 new test videos: Sierra Designs DriDown vs. untreated down
Thanks for doing this Craig. Not a lot of test results out there yet on the various forms of water resistant down. I appreciate the data you have so far! Ryan

In GEAR » 3 new test videos: Sierra Designs DriDown vs. untreated down
March 20, 10:41am

Re: When you sleep, where do your fingers go?
LOL. Cake has some awesome lyrics. As to where my fingers go when I sleep, usually they are sprawled out all over my face oddly enough. Ryan

In Chaff » When you sleep, where do your fingers go?
March 16, 2:50pm

Re: Best Sewing Machine for MYOG?
Kevin, What is your price range? Your current machine may be able to do the job for you. Is it giving you any trouble? Neither a quilt nor pack require a special stitch or a lot of power. Ryan

In Make Your Own Gear » Best Sewing Machine for MYOG?
March 11, 9:45am

Re: Starting to feel like a martyr...
Max, I think your options are this - want UL and fairly breathable, go with any number of the DWR nylon 6 oz bivys out there. If you can live with less UL, but more breathable, give the Uber Biv...

In GEAR » Most Breathable Bivy?
March 06, 7:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Smith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Ohm
I've had an Ohm for about a year now and have taken it on a few trips. It's very comfortable provided that you keep it in the weight range it's designed for. When carrying 20-25 lbs it car...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 10, 5:36pm