BPL Community Profile

Ryan Smith (ViolentGreen) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me Ryan Smith has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Smith

Showing 491 - 500 of 1089 | Page: 1 ...41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ...109

Forum » Thread

Re: zero
True, it does add up. If there are any other restrictions like no cuben, must be less than "X" amount, and no wait times now would be the time to put them in your OP. P.S. - wait time...

In GEAR » SUL Pack Ideas
July 11, 11:23am

Hybrid
Similar fabric to the HMG David mentioned. It is a polyester fabric laminated to cuben fiber. The cuben goes to the inside. Light, durable and waterproof. Check out the Zpacks website for pics. ...

In GEAR » SUL Pack Ideas
July 11, 11:09am

Maybe
KC, What length WM bag would fit you? I have an WM Ultralight that could go in the mix, but it's the long version. Ryan

In Gear Swap » WTT: Western Mountaineering Flight Jacket XL
July 11, 11:06am

Z
Nate, Could try a small Zpacks Zero. I just got one in hybrid cuben with two side pockets and lashing on the back - 7 ozs. Long torso model. I do like the fit of a ULA pack better between the tw...

In GEAR » SUL Pack Ideas
July 11, 10:57am

Re: Activ-dri down
That stinks about Thru Hiker not selling 900 fill anymore. While 900 fill is a little gimmicky, it was great down regardless. 800 fp active dry down doesn't do it for me yet. Ryan

In Make Your Own Gear » Activ-dri down
July 09, 10:49am

Re: Also works for rashes, etc.
I can go along with what Stephen says. Don't ask why, but I have open hand slapped bug bites and poison ivy before and it works for a few minutes of relief. Usually by that point feeling prett...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Pro-tip... heating a mosquito bite prevents it from being itchy
July 08, 8:12pm

Tall folks unite
The absolute lightest will be from Zpacks, but keep in mind they don't use sorcery to get those weights. They are a very snug fit which seems to fly in the face of your post about being a big g...

In GEAR » you are me choose the best quilt possible
July 08, 10:27am

Re: which needle?
Microtex 60/8 is normally what I use, but the next size up is fine also. Ryan

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG quilt help?
July 08, 10:21am

Quilts are fun
Hi Adam, You should also do a search on quilt instructions over at Hammockforums.net. They have one set that is a sticky. Several great tutorials over there on normal quilts plus Karo baffled de...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG quilt help?
July 08, 10:17am

Re: TPU
Colin, I did some more research on PVC and looks like it's pretty close to what you mention above. The bond is not as strong plus it's usually heavier than a comparable TPU product. So, ...

In Make Your Own Gear » PVC vs PU coated for sleeping pad?
July 07, 5:25pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Smith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Ohm
I've had an Ohm for about a year now and have taken it on a few trips. It's very comfortable provided that you keep it in the weight range it's designed for. When carrying 20-25 lbs it car...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 10, 5:36pm