BPL Community Profile

Ryan Smith (ViolentGreen) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me Ryan Smith has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Smith

Showing 491 - 500 of 1042 | Page: 1 ...41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ...105

Forum » Thread

On there
I'm on there now. Thanks Ken! There are two other BPL'ers within 90 mins of me. Who knew. Ryan

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » BPL Member Map
May 26, 7:36pm

Re: Re: Re: ULA CDT, OHM, or Circuit
Brad, I'm not Tom, but I have owned an Ohm and a CDT. My opinion - The CDT is a great pack, however the Ohm's side pockets and compression system are so much better. Literally, the best ...

In GEAR » ULA CDT, OHM, or Circuit
May 26, 8:38am

Re: Re The worst kind of rain
Scotch mist sounds a lot like when we camp up high in the mountains and the clouds come down low. Nothing like walking, eating, and sleeping inside a cloud. 90% of what you're breathing is wate...

In GEAR » The worst kind of rain
May 26, 8:31am

Re: for sale
+1 on the Tachyon. Montbell usually runs long & lean. I'm 6'4" and with an XL the torso is just right with the sleeves actually being a little bit too long. For reference, the olde...

In GEAR » New Houdini sizing and design is way off: need a long, lean, light windshirt
May 24, 9:51pm

Re: Re: HMG Mid
Yowza! $650 is a lot of dough. Ryan

In GEAR » HMG Mid
May 24, 6:23pm

Re: Re: Any "NEW" SUL Hikers out there?
Great post John. I'm in the process of taking my kit down to SUL right now & it's been a lot of fun so far. The challenge of having an enjoyable hike while also having a SUL kit has...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Any "NEW" SUL Hikers out there?
May 24, 11:33am

Re: MYOG Down Quilt Sewn Footbox
Hi Becky, The easiest way is to construct a normal quilt and then sew in a single baffled "donut" at the foot end. This method does create a single sewn through section in a quilt thou...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Down Quilt Sewn Footbox
May 23, 7:33pm

Re: How Breatheable is Tyvek ?
I've had better luck on breathability with the "clothes" version of Tyvek(1443r) versus the homewrap version(1085d). The homewrap is breathable, although very little when compared to ...

In Make Your Own Gear » How Breatheable is Tyvek ?
May 22, 11:24am

Re: Southern Trip Planning
" It will be hot. It will be humid; humidity that you never see in Socal. There will be bugs. You're going to be hot and sweaty and slapping bugs." +1 No-see-ums and mosquitos ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Southern Trip Planning
May 13, 6:50pm

Cool
Great first effort! Ryan

In Make Your Own Gear » 9oz Backpack for skiing
May 13, 6:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Smith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Ohm
I've had an Ohm for about a year now and have taken it on a few trips. It's very comfortable provided that you keep it in the weight range it's designed for. When carrying 20-25 lbs it car...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 10, 5:36pm