Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ryan Smith (ViolentGreen) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me Ryan Smith has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Smith

Showing 491 - 500 of 1133 | Page: 1 ...41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ...114

Forum » Thread

Re: moved
Thanks for sharing your thoughts Ike. There is a lot to digest there. Ryan

In Chaff » Harvard proves gun control advocates wrong
August 29, 2:01pm

Re: World's lightest tee shirt: Rohan Ultra Silver Tee
1) Now I am sad I didn't jump in on that deal & get one of these. Darn it. 2) $36 for a T-shirt is a little high, but not really in the grand scheme of things. Especially given the spec...

In GEAR » World's lightest tee shirt: Rohan Ultra Silver Tee
August 21, 5:00pm

Re: Re: Re: the list
"Does that include illegal immigrants?" Tom, Of course it does, but that doesn't mean you and I agree on the subject. We most likely don't in fact. Which doesn't mean e...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Outside Mag calls an urban vancouver trail "most dangerous" top 10 hikes in the world
August 17, 1:43pm

Re: the list
Not trying to pick on you Dave, but I think that stance is more of what is wrong with this country than illegal immigrants or being compassionate for those from another country. Two parties disagre...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Outside Mag calls an urban vancouver trail "most dangerous" top 10 hikes in the world
August 16, 6:55pm

Re: ?
Have you tried any of the various high strength hook & loop? I used some 1"x2" pieces to mount a nitrous controller on my T/A that was pretty difficult to separate by hand. It actuall...

In Make Your Own Gear » Zipper alternative
August 15, 7:21pm

Re: I feel I was wronged on this shelter!
Wow. This seller has been a member for a year and had 113 Gear Swap transactions. He bought two Gossamer Gear "The One" within a week of each other back in late 2012. I wonder where he is...

In Gear Swap » FS: 2009 Gossamer Geatr "The One" Shelter
August 15, 5:29pm

Check this out
Derek, Here is a good summary on thread size, needle selection, etc. for nylon thread. Should help answer some questions. It also has the same info under polyester thread and the others. htt...

In Make Your Own Gear » I need tips for sewing webbing!
August 14, 5:37pm

Re: Re: I need tips for sewing webbing!
I have had similar experiences as Greg above. My machine does better with webbing when the tension is cranked up. My Janome machine will sew through several layers of webbing so don't give up o...

In Make Your Own Gear » I need tips for sewing webbing!
August 13, 11:14am

A lot of good points
Enjoyed this thread. The waiting sucks, but I understand it is necessary in order for most of these businesses to survive. With that said, you do have to give high praise to those folks who make a ...

In GEAR » Why do we have to wait for gear?
August 10, 10:15pm

Diff cut
Blake, I think the conventional wisdom says to increase your shell width the same height as your baffles. So, 4in baffles would mean a 54in shell in your case. Ryan

In Make Your Own Gear » Differential Cut Question, Please help.
August 10, 6:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Smith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Ohm
I've had an Ohm for about a year now and have taken it on a few trips. It's very comfortable provided that you keep it in the weight range it's designed for. When carrying 20-25 lbs it car...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 10, 5:36pm