BPL Community Profile

Robert Kelly (QiWiz) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale UL gear @ QiWiz.net
About Me I dream of thru hikes but work and family get in the way. Am familiar with most OH and western PA trails; Isle Royale; a little of Rocky Mountain NP; AT from Springer to Hot Springs; some of Monongahela in WV. Have also been on PCT in Yosemite and Mt San Jacinto area in CA and Mt Jefferson area in OR; Bailey Range in Olympic; Wind River Crest in WY. Pack weight 8-12 pounds in all seasons. Happy Trails.
If you are interested in the lightest ti trowels, stoves, and saws, check out my website at www.QiWiz.net
CityCleveland Heights
StateOhio
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.QiWiz.net

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Robert Kelly

Showing 491 - 500 of 544 | Page: 1 ...36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

Forum » Thread

Sierra Designs Drizone Down Booties SOLD
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD REDUCED PRICE: $35 shipped to you in CONUS. Size L (Mens 10-11) in excellent condition. Used in cold Nepal lodges during recent trek to EBC. Nice and warm; sole and WPB allow...

In Gear Swap » Sierra Designs Drizone Down Booties
November 30, 3:17pm

Need a pad with that bag?
Exped Downmat full size will keep you warm and comfy. Used a few times only, like new, $100 shipped CONUS.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Winter Bag
August 13, 8:24pm

Still available
bump

In Gear Swap » FS: Patagonia Micro Puff Vest Women's Medium New
June 07, 7:59pm

Sewing polychro to ripstop
Follow-up comment: Tried a single line of stitches to attach a test piece of polychro to nylon ripstop. I used a fine needle, widest spacing on my primitive machine (probably ~12 per inch) and t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bivy idea - your feedback requested
June 04, 12:30pm

FS: Patagonia Micro Puff Vest Women's Medium New
New with tags, REDUCED TO $65 shipped to you in CONUS. This great vest provides a great windproof, durable water resistant shell and lining, along with compressable, warm-when wet-insulation. Th...

In Gear Swap » FS: Patagonia Micro Puff Vest Women's Medium New
June 04, 12:17pm

Plastic sheet seams
Cheap way - careful use of hot knife (quickly, do not linger at a spot) will work if you have a hot knife. Spinnaker or kite double sided tape will also work but is much more expensive. Less fan...

In Make Your Own Gear » Heat sealing very thin polythene
June 02, 3:52pm

Polychro-Momentum Bivy
I guess I feel encouraged to proceed. So, I've ordered the materials from GG and Thru-hiker. I'll sew the Momentum top, which will include a Nanoseeum bug net (similar to a Ti Goat Ptarmiga...

May 31, 6:47am

Bivy idea - your feedback requested
I was wondering if I could make a bivy with a Gossamer Gear polychro groundsheet bottom sewn or bonded to a Momentum top and hood. The polychro would be lighter and less expensive than a silnylon f...

May 29, 11:55am

WTB MLD Superlight bivy in large size
Any color OK. PM me or email to robkelly54 at gmail dot com.

In Gear Swap » WTB MLD Superlight bivy in large size
May 28, 8:50pm

WTB - BPL Thorofare shirt XL
Just need one. Let me know what you want for it. Hoping to save some $$$ from new price. PM me or email robkelly54 at gmail dot com

In Gear Swap » WTB - BPL Thorofare shirt XL
May 15, 2:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Robert Kelly

Robert Kelly has posted no reviews.