Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Kevin Babione (KBabione) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pennsylvania
About Me I live near Lancaster PA and do most of my backpacking in the central and north-central parts of the state.
CityLititz
StatePA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Babione

Showing 491 - 500 of 621 | Page: 1 ...41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ...63

Forum » Thread

Graduate Schools
Penn State offers graduate degrees in Forest Resources - includng something called "Forest Recreation". I was an accounting major there, but had a bunch of fraternity brothers in the Sch...

In Chaff » Graduate Schools?
August 23, 12:40pm

Daughter's First Backpacking Trip
Tom, Thanks for the inspiration...I have twin girls who turn four in September. They've been car-camping since they were two but I've held off taking them backpacking. Maybe in the S...

In Post-Trip Reports » My Daughter's First Backpacking Trip
August 22, 6:13pm

UL Hammock Tarps
I'm working with Lawson at Mountainfitter.com right now on a Hex Hammock Tarp that he might then add to his line. It's going to be smaller than Doug's Taj Mahal...Mine is going to have...

In Hammocks » UL Hammock Tarps w/ Adequate Coverage
August 20, 6:45am

Pitching a Gatewood Cape
I have 18" lines for my SMD Gatewood Cape... Try pitching it higher and see what the condensation is like. I also usually sleep with the door open unless it's actually raining which ...

In GEAR » Gatewood Cape ??'s
August 19, 10:46am

Sleeping in a Hammock
If you're flipping around in your bed all night and you know it then I'd be inclined to think that maybe you're not getting a good night's sleep in your bed. You need to spend a ...

In Hammocks » Hammocks... For Log Sleepers Only?
August 17, 7:16pm

Tarp Pitches
I think you'll need to provide a little more information, such as: - Is wind avoidance your primary concern? - Worried primarily about precipitation? - Do you sleep with a bivy? -...

In Philosophy & Technique » Tarp pitches for cold temperatures
August 17, 11:07am

How Fast Do You Hike
I really average 2 mph for a day's hiking, including breaks and hills. When it's flat I know I'm closer to 3 mph and uphill I know I slow down considerably. My philosophy is to ke...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How fast do you hike?
August 16, 10:51am

Snakeskins
Noel, You don't happen to have a photo that you can post do you? I've considered snakeskins but have always been put off by the extra weight... Thanks!

In Make Your Own Gear » UL "carabiner"
August 11, 12:01pm

Thank You for a Hammocks Forum
BPL - Thanks for creating the Hammocks forum. Those hangers among us will really appreciate it and will possibly entice some ground-dwellers to a higher calling.

In Hammocks » Thank You for a Hammocks Forum
August 10, 6:06pm

Evernew 1 Liter Pasta Pot
I have the Evernew 1 liter pasta pot and it's great, but don't try pouring water you want to keep through the strainer holes on the lid - it does NOT do a nice clean pour. The strainer h...

In GEAR » Evernew pots
July 30, 7:34am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Babione

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I'm a big guy and have the Ex Light in XXL - weighs 7.8 ounces. In addition to being a great piece of insulation to wear I've found that I can use it in my hammock as an extra top quilt by op...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
January 03, 1:42pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just finished reading the book - it's an enjoyable and quick read. I've got two weekend trips planned this spring with guys who have never backpacked in their lives. I'm passing the bo...

In Books and Media
March 28, 5:52am