Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Kevin Babione (KBabione) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pennsylvania
About Me I live near Lancaster PA and do most of my backpacking in the central and north-central parts of the state.
CityLititz
StatePA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Babione

Showing 491 - 500 of 616 | Page: 1 ...41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ...62

Forum » Thread

Tarp Pitches
I think you'll need to provide a little more information, such as: - Is wind avoidance your primary concern? - Worried primarily about precipitation? - Do you sleep with a bivy? -...

In Philosophy & Technique » Tarp pitches for cold temperatures
August 17, 11:07am

How Fast Do You Hike
I really average 2 mph for a day's hiking, including breaks and hills. When it's flat I know I'm closer to 3 mph and uphill I know I slow down considerably. My philosophy is to ke...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How fast do you hike?
August 16, 10:51am

Snakeskins
Noel, You don't happen to have a photo that you can post do you? I've considered snakeskins but have always been put off by the extra weight... Thanks!

In Make Your Own Gear » UL "carabiner"
August 11, 12:01pm

Thank You for a Hammocks Forum
BPL - Thanks for creating the Hammocks forum. Those hangers among us will really appreciate it and will possibly entice some ground-dwellers to a higher calling.

In Hammocks » Thank You for a Hammocks Forum
August 10, 6:06pm

Evernew 1 Liter Pasta Pot
I have the Evernew 1 liter pasta pot and it's great, but don't try pouring water you want to keep through the strainer holes on the lid - it does NOT do a nice clean pour. The strainer h...

In GEAR » Evernew pots
July 30, 7:34am

Using Tensioners
Maybe I'm backwards, but I always put the tensioner loop through the tarp tieout. This keeps the tensioner or linelock closer to the tarp (i.e. higher) which makes it easier to adjust. I have...

In Make Your Own Gear » Stealth Nano Guyline length recommendations
July 30, 7:32am

Arnold Sandwich Thins
In PA we have these: Arnold Sandwich Thins. They have an unrefrigerated shelf life of about at least a week (possibly two but I can't remember) and are pretty "smush-resistant."

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Breadlike foods
July 29, 2:53pm

WTB: Waterproof/Windproof Lighter
Hey - I purchased a bunch of these from Campmor as presents. DAC Windproof Lighter At $5.97 it's tough to go wrong! Not the lightest thing out there, but the price is right and it is ref...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Waterproof/Windproof Lighter
July 28, 8:46am

Hammocking
Tim is right - I'd forgotten that the Byers hammocks don't come with any suspension. That does bump the price up a bit. Sorry for the confusion.

In GEAR » I want to try out hammocking....
July 16, 7:50pm

I want to try out hammocking
My first night in a hammock was in a Byers Mosquito Hammock. I'm 6' and about 255 pounds and slept well. I've since moved to a Speer but at $39.95 (and you can probably find it chea...

In GEAR » I want to try out hammocking....
July 16, 12:23pm

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Babione

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I'm a big guy and have the Ex Light in XXL - weighs 7.8 ounces. In addition to being a great piece of insulation to wear I've found that I can use it in my hammock as an extra top quilt by op...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
January 03, 1:42pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just finished reading the book - it's an enjoyable and quick read. I've got two weekend trips planned this spring with guys who have never backpacked in their lives. I'm passing the bo...

In Books and Media
March 28, 5:52am