BPL Community Profile

Jacob D (JacobD) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale North Bay
About Me Jacob D has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Rafael
StateCA
My Website URLhttp://www.hikeitlikeit.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jacob D

Showing 491 - 500 of 590 | Page: 1 ...40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Yosemite " Epic snow Trip" 2011
Thanks for the info Marc. For some reason I thought you guys were out past Dewey Point. Since seeing them at the OR the Toughstakes look very promising, good to hear of an actual report. Which size...

In Post-Trip Reports » Yosemite " Epic snow Trip" 2011
March 30, 9:06am

Re: Yosemite " Epic snow Trip" 2011
I was just taking a look at all of these photos again. Do you guys think putting the blocks around the inside perimeter of your tarps would have kept out the wind driven snow somewhat? Did anyone h...

March 29, 11:12pm

Re: Favorite Backcountry Music?
I never take music with me, but before a hike anything with banjos, washboards, or steel guitar usually sets the mood... Iron and Wine Ugly Casanova The Devil Makes Three etc...

In Philosophy & Technique » Favorite Camping Music?
March 28, 12:50pm

Re: Speaking of light; wouldn't sharing gear make our packs much lighter?
Sorry to be the one to steer back to the original question, but in my experience I travel slightly lighter when solo. It's a personal thing for me but when I share gear (as I always do when tra...

In Philosophy & Technique » Speaking of light; wouldn't sharing gear make our packs much lighter?
March 28, 12:41pm

Re: How important is the weight of trekking poles?
If you're not having any ergonomic issues or otherwise with your current poles it might be difficult to quantify any differences. Having said that, there is a noticeable difference when holding...

In GEAR » How important is the weight of trekking poles?
March 27, 5:05pm

Re: Yosemite " Epic snow Trip" 2011
Good to hear everyone made it out safely. From the photos and reports "EPIC" definitely sounds like the perfect summary of the trip. Like others, wishing I was there, but glad I wasn'...

March 27, 11:57am

WeatherEdge?
Does it have to be eVent? The EB First Ascent BC-200 is made with their WeatherEdge material. Specs are published and look similar to eVent. Jackets come in tall sizing. http://www.eddiebaue...

In GEAR » eVent jacket for the big and tall?
March 20, 11:04am

Lunar Duo vs. Double Rainbow
I have both the DR and LD. The LD is noticeably more spacious. Ultralight floor option can save a few ounces. The DR has the optional inner liner which may help combat condensation/misting. The var...

In GEAR » Roomy UL tent
March 19, 11:28pm

Re: Ear Protection
A 2 year old can puff hard enough into a Howler to make my ears ring for 20 minutes. You can guess how I know this. Keep your whistle locked up!

In GEAR » Whistles
March 19, 10:46am

Re: US Plastics order
Exciting stuff :) I'll probably pick up a few of these also. I need to order a few other things anyway. Have any of you guys used the flip-cap bottles for dispensing thicker liquids like too...

In GEAR » US Plastics order
March 19, 9:23am

All Reader Reviews by Jacob D

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

WalMart
Yearly bump to bring the Wally World rating down where it should be :)

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 20, 10:56am