BPL Community Profile

Sumi Wada (DetroitTigerFan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Ann Arbor
About Me Sumi Wada has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sumi Wada

Showing 491 - 500 of 509 | Page: 1 ...32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Forum » Thread

Re: Pattern?
I used a McCall's pattern -- M6252. I found it at my local JoAnn fabrics. I modified the hood/neck area slightly so that the zipper extends up to my chin. Also put elastic at the cuffs and hem...

In Make Your Own Gear » Silnylon anorak - seam finishing?
March 16, 6:09am

Finished product
Thought I'd update with the finished product. Color was a given as I had a 2-yard leftover piece to use. Zipper is 11" long. Elastic at wrists and at hem with a cordlock. Total weight (in ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Silnylon anorak - seam finishing?
March 15, 12:59pm

Re: Hiking the Grand Canyon?
My 2 cents for what they're worth... - What is the average time needed to apply for a permit? Permit requests are accepted on the first day of each month 4 months prior. So, for an April...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiking the Grand Canyon?
March 09, 10:33pm

Re: "How can two Bags of 10oz. 800 fill wieght- "But" one, all on top... both be rated the same???"
"But keep in mind that the weight of both bags are about the same and so is the fill weight. If the material weight of the bags is not much different then I doubt that the volume would be.&quo...

In GEAR » How can two Bags of 10oz. 800 fill wieght- "But" one, all on top... both be rated the same???
March 09, 6:50pm

Re: How can two Bags of 10oz. 800 fill wieght- "But" one, all on top... both be rated the same???
when you say "similar specs", were you only looking at the specs you listed? Because the obvious difference I'd look for is their size -- length, girth. BA bags are typically pretty...

In GEAR » How can two Bags of 10oz. 800 fill wieght- "But" one, all on top... both be rated the same???
March 09, 11:35am

Re: Backpacking stores
I currently have a women-specific pack as well as a "unisex" one (which, by default, usually means "men's".) Chris from ULA sent me pictures but the S-straps look a lot cur...

In GEAR » "J" vs "S" straps on ULA packs
March 04, 11:47am

"J" vs "S" straps on ULA packs
I'm about to buy a ULA Ohm but can't decide whether the "J" straps or the "S" straps would fit better. I realize that I could order both and return one but thought I...

In GEAR » "J" vs "S" straps on ULA packs
March 04, 11:25am

Thanks
Thanks for the feedback. Ordered some swatches!

In Make Your Own Gear » Down quilt material questions
February 08, 4:15pm

Re: Re: Down quilt material questions
>> It can't just be basic ripstop nylon, it must be calendared. OK. I've been buying fabrics from OWFI, Seattle Fabrics, Quest, etc. and all of their "1.1 oz ripstop nylon&quo...

February 07, 11:46am

Down quilt material questions
I'm looking to make my first down quilt. I'm trying to understand what all my options are for fabrics. This will be a summer quilt for moderate conditions. I'm thinking your basic 1....

February 07, 10:43am

All Reader Reviews by Sumi Wada

Sumi Wada has posted no reviews.