Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tom Kirchner (ouzel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest/Sierra
About Me Leave no tracks.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Kirchner

Showing 4881 - 4890 of 6554 | Page: 1 ...480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 ...656

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Watning to choose a tent
"but I would seriously consider a Tarptent Hogback. It's a four person tent and just a little over 4 lbs" +1

In GEAR » Watning to choose a tent
March 14, 5:37pm

Re: Re: Re: Bulk supplements and my PCT diet
"Also don't worry about fiber there is no hard evidence you need it or at least a lot of it." @Brian The issue here is not one of needing fiber. It is present in most complex c...

In GEAR » Bulk supplements and my PCT diet
March 14, 5:25pm

Re: Re: Over your head?
"Tom, you're going way over my head with trying to figure out how many calories are in the fiber. If you're really into it, maybe you could try taking it up with the owner of Protein F...

March 14, 5:15pm

Re: Re: The answer to that age old question
"I had a Shittake, but now it feels better." How do you conjugate Shittake? Though the past pluperfect subjunctive, if you please.

In Chaff » The answer to that age old question
March 13, 9:14pm

Re: Re: Thermodynamics
"reading about thermodynamics in nutrition today just thought you guys who believe in the calories -in-out approach would find this useful. As you guys state it: ΔE = Ein - Eout what a s...

March 13, 9:10pm

Re: Re: Ode to Douglas
"Sometimes I even touch myself while I listen ..... aw gosh, now I'm blushing." This one's for you, Douglas I love myself I think I'm grand I go to the show and I hold...

In Chaff » Wolves kill teacher in Alaska
March 13, 4:13pm

calorie content of fiber
There is a lot of controversy over the calorie content of fiber. Estimates range from 0 to 2.5 cal/gram, depending on the type of fiber and who's doing the estimating. Two things stand out in...

March 13, 4:10pm

Re: The answer to that age old question
"Still don't know what Shit taste like and how come so many do." It occupies a hallowed position in American Gastronomy.

In Chaff » The answer to that age old question
March 13, 3:45pm

Re: mpgear
" I'm just testing out the new world of hiking shoes rather than boots." While you're at it you might give Montrail Namches a look. Same idea as the Inov8 370's, with a sl...

In GEAR » Recommended trail shoes
March 13, 3:42pm

Re: Re: Re: Calorie values of oats.
" Also, it's a lot of fat, but it's also a lot of calories and I have limited space and strength to carry things. It's thru hiking. I'm not going to eat any kind of conventiona...

March 13, 3:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Kirchner

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
Having used both of the above mentioned combinations(only with a Mens' Prolite 3), I heartily concur with their rating(s). It would be hard to find a piece of insulation/protection/padding that g...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
October 27, 5:20pm

ULA Circuit
Pro's: 1) Light; 2) Durable for the weight(like Kevin, I've done some off-trail/bushwhacking(Wanda Lake to Martha Lake via Davis Lakes/N. Goddard Creek) with only minor abrasion on the waist...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 29, 6:16pm

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
Scott, Check out travelcountry.com for the eco-mesh shirt. They have free shipping whereas Railriders charges a pretty hefty fee. I've been using this shirt for years and consider it the best S...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 06, 5:27pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
Hi David, What you are experiencing with your Prolite-4 is a common phenomenon in my experience with the Prolite-3. It is, however, easy to mitigate. Just position the valve next to your shoulder o...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 04, 5:17pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
I've used the Prolite-3 almost since it came out with good success. It compresses well, is very light FOR ITS SIZE(what would a TorsoLite weigh if it was 20"x48"??), and insulates just ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 15, 6:02pm

REI Peak UL
I've been using the Peak UL carbon fiber poles(womens' non antishock 3 section model-11.2 oz/pr) ever since they came on the market and have been ecstatic about their performance. Like some other pos...

In Trekking Poles
November 04, 5:58pm