BPL Community Profile

Tom Kirchner (ouzel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest/Sierra
About Me Leave no tracks.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Kirchner

Showing 4881 - 4890 of 6076 | Page: 1 ...480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 ...608

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Pretty funny
"My one concern is if he's really smarter than all of us combined and he's playing us. THEN think what we would look like! I mean, think about it for a moment." I'll bet he...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Pretty funny..
November 05, 6:37pm

Re: More Thoughts on Snowshoes...?
"Comments and suggestions are appreciated." I wouldn't use Northern Lites for ice or hard snow unless the terrain was essentially flat or with a very safe run out. They just don&#...

In Winter Hiking » Snowshoes
November 05, 6:24pm

Re: Filter
"I have the hiker, will the replacement cartridge for the hiker pro fit it?" Same cartridge.

In Gear Lists » Birthday Money
November 05, 6:13pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: re:"PLB's, SPOTS vs. Cutting the Cord"
" personally don't feel we have the right to put others lives in danger simply because we screwed up our wilderness vacation, but like I said before, this is apparently the minority view.&...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » PLB's, SPOTS vs. Cutting the Cord
November 05, 5:50pm

Re: Re: Food questions
"Perhaps I should write an article on nutrition and the way I make up my meals someday." I, for one, would strongly encourage you to do so, Kevin. This is by far the most reasoned app...

In Editor's Roundtable » Le Parcour de Wild Race Report
November 04, 8:44pm

Re: Gotcha
"Might start shopping for a micropuff. Was just trying to avoid the restriction associated with bulky layers and had been hearing how the Thermawrap is magic." Another good option woul...

In GEAR » Another Thermawrap Size & Warmth ?
November 04, 8:11pm

Re: Indeed!
"And, yes, face it. He's the mainstream." I'll look for him in the December issue of Backpacker magazine. ;)

November 04, 8:04pm

Re: Re: Fosters!
"Anyway, I think the tent dude is more likely to be suffering from too many joints than too much beer..." Suffering?? ;)

November 04, 8:00pm

Re: Pretty funny
"however you need to be a pretty good actor to pull that off." Franco, Maybe he's just a natural? Actually I tend to agree with you; I was just trying to inject a note of levi...

November 04, 5:46pm

Re: Re: White Ursack
"Mine's yellow. It's practically invisible in a large vat of butter" Maybe dye it?? Easy for me to say; Mine's one of the old green ones. ;-) Actually, if one feel...

In GEAR » where in California is Ursack allowed?
November 04, 5:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Kirchner

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
Having used both of the above mentioned combinations(only with a Mens' Prolite 3), I heartily concur with their rating(s). It would be hard to find a piece of insulation/protection/padding that g...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
October 27, 5:20pm

ULA Circuit
Pro's: 1) Light; 2) Durable for the weight(like Kevin, I've done some off-trail/bushwhacking(Wanda Lake to Martha Lake via Davis Lakes/N. Goddard Creek) with only minor abrasion on the waist...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 29, 6:16pm

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
Scott, Check out travelcountry.com for the eco-mesh shirt. They have free shipping whereas Railriders charges a pretty hefty fee. I've been using this shirt for years and consider it the best S...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 06, 5:27pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
Hi David, What you are experiencing with your Prolite-4 is a common phenomenon in my experience with the Prolite-3. It is, however, easy to mitigate. Just position the valve next to your shoulder o...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 04, 5:17pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
I've used the Prolite-3 almost since it came out with good success. It compresses well, is very light FOR ITS SIZE(what would a TorsoLite weigh if it was 20"x48"??), and insulates just ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 15, 6:02pm

REI Peak UL
I've been using the Peak UL carbon fiber poles(womens' non antishock 3 section model-11.2 oz/pr) ever since they came on the market and have been ecstatic about their performance. Like some other pos...

In Trekking Poles
November 04, 5:58pm