Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tom Kirchner (ouzel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest/Sierra
About Me Leave no tracks.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Kirchner

Showing 4881 - 4890 of 6199 | Page: 1 ...480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 ...620

Forum » Thread

Re: Harems?
"But- harmonious? I doubt it, Lynn." +1 In Iraq, having one wife was rapidly becoming the norm. If a man there took more than one, he generally had to provide a house for each to avo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Trekking and hunting
December 08, 5:52pm

Re: Re: Re: Climategate
"It doesn't appear in my searches of the web site ???" Hi Roger, Type in concealed weapons permits + goldman sachs on the NYT website. Cheers, Tom

In Chaff » Climategate
December 08, 5:30pm

Re: Re: Nature more than Kindergarten?
"I Just came across this book review, which supports my gut instinct that most of the important things in life I either learned before kindergarten, or just knew instinctively without being to...

In Philosophy & Technique » Off-Trail Lightweight Backpacking Philosophy
December 08, 5:19pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: out there
"reduce the number of weapons on the planet, and the desire to go to war." Nah. The only thing that would change is then it would be all those women ripping each other's throats o...

December 07, 8:50pm

Re: Re: Re: out there
"we would be a society of touchy-feely vegan women waited on hand and foot by their adoring and non-rebellious Eunoch sons!" All complaining about how "a hard man would be good to...

December 07, 8:47pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: out there
"You mean instead of at marriage, as it is currently.... ;-)" Ever the wag. Hilarious!!

December 07, 7:03pm

Re: trapped
"People have gotten themselves between a rock and a hard spot." It all boils down to population in the end. Maybe Lynn's on to something?

December 06, 8:37pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: the good life
"Shortly Lynn will pop up advocating castration of 99% of human males at birth..." As long as I get to be in the one percent in my next reincarnation, I could live with that. ;)

December 06, 6:25pm

Re: out there
"I'm going to beat this dead horse and then eat it." In keeping with the spirit of the thread, you have to shoot the horse.

December 06, 6:22pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Fishing-best choice?
"Back in the day... you mean the days before back country permits and hordes of people? Like hiking up Whitney with no permit required? Yep. Yep. Sounds like our territories have quite a...

In Philosophy & Technique » UL with a gun?
December 06, 6:18pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Kirchner

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
Having used both of the above mentioned combinations(only with a Mens' Prolite 3), I heartily concur with their rating(s). It would be hard to find a piece of insulation/protection/padding that g...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
October 27, 5:20pm

ULA Circuit
Pro's: 1) Light; 2) Durable for the weight(like Kevin, I've done some off-trail/bushwhacking(Wanda Lake to Martha Lake via Davis Lakes/N. Goddard Creek) with only minor abrasion on the waist...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 29, 6:16pm

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
Scott, Check out travelcountry.com for the eco-mesh shirt. They have free shipping whereas Railriders charges a pretty hefty fee. I've been using this shirt for years and consider it the best S...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 06, 5:27pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
Hi David, What you are experiencing with your Prolite-4 is a common phenomenon in my experience with the Prolite-3. It is, however, easy to mitigate. Just position the valve next to your shoulder o...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 04, 5:17pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
I've used the Prolite-3 almost since it came out with good success. It compresses well, is very light FOR ITS SIZE(what would a TorsoLite weigh if it was 20"x48"??), and insulates just ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 15, 6:02pm

REI Peak UL
I've been using the Peak UL carbon fiber poles(womens' non antishock 3 section model-11.2 oz/pr) ever since they came on the market and have been ecstatic about their performance. Like some other pos...

In Trekking Poles
November 04, 5:58pm