Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 4881 - 4890 of 5517 | Page: 1 ...480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 ...552

Forum » Thread

Re: Backpacker rag
I don't understand why everyone is complaining. I was one of the early subscribers in the 70's. Then some conglomorate bought it, it got crappy, and I haven't read it in probably 30 yea...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacker mag gear issue
February 25, 9:49pm

So Cal BPLers - Skyline-PCT-Jo Pond Trip in May
Okay, I am not big on group hiking. To be more exact, I have never hiked with more than 1 partner, and that is rare. This May I am going to do the "Desert Skyline - PCT - Jo Pond Loop"...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » So Cal BPLers - Skyline-PCT-Jo Pond Trip in May
February 25, 9:40pm

dont read, just a test
This is the link that the reader sees

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » How do you insert an embedded link?
February 25, 8:50pm

Re: Re: Craig said it
A lot of excellent perspectives from Craig. I think all these categories are silly. Is 4.99 vastly superior to 5.01? It is all about stringing a bunch of single day hikes into a longer trip....

In GEAR » Backpacking Weight Ranks
February 25, 8:39pm

Re: Because I can...
weights? :)

In Chaff » Because I can...
February 25, 4:17pm

Re: As far as REI goes...
It really depends on the REI store. I have found that large ones on So Calif have some very knowledgable people. Other stores like Fontana and Las Vegas are boutiques. The one in Henderson Nevada h...

In Gear Lists » New to BPL - gear list help
February 24, 12:00pm

Re: The trail runners
Jeffery, One thing about gear, you always need to try to buy the best quality that is within your budget. And when you are young, there often is not enough disposable income to do it. In the &qu...

February 24, 2:39am

Re: The trail runners
Opps... double post.

February 24, 2:39am

Re: Re: Does fuel expire?
Roger, So these cartridges are okay? They are 25 years old. I think I have the last 6 GAZ GT106 cartridges left in North America. Cartridges weight 5.7 oz and contain 3 1/8 oz of fuel. ...

In GEAR » Does fuel expire?
February 24, 2:18am

Re: New to BPL - gear list help
Jeffry, Okay, lets keep in mind that cost is important. Oh and your big 3 is BIG. The most expensive thing with be a sleeping bag or quilt. Might help to know exactly when and where in the summe...

February 24, 1:46am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am