BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 4881 - 4890 of 5284 | Page: 1 ...480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 ...529

Forum » Thread

Re: Count me in
I don't understand the concern about spinnaker noice in a pack. I sleep with it under my legs and it it doesn't make noise, even when it was new. Well maybe it made noise, but I was sleeping.

In GEAR » gg murmur dislikes
June 12, 9:29am

Re: Graffiti and Government Bullcrap
Nick, I was responding in many ways to your first post, wherein you said: "This is why I am an advocate to eliminating roads into all National Parks and similar national treasures...If y...

In Chaff » Graffiti and Government Bullcrap
June 12, 3:18am

Re: I just posted in MYOG
Take a look at the Thermarest chair. I was given one as a gift, but have never used it. It is pretty clever. However, they do use a couple of poles inside the fabric to give it support on the sides...

In Multiple Use Gear » Dual purpose bivy's???
June 11, 11:34pm

Trekking Poles -- The Jury is still out for me
I have been using trekking poles for about 3 months now. For me the jury is still out. I have the GG Lightrek 4's so the weight is minimal. To be honest, I think they slow me down. But some of ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Trekking poles - All in the Head?
June 11, 11:21pm

Re: Differences
Sid, One cannot have too much gear. Wise decision.

In GEAR » RailRiders vs ExOfficio
June 11, 6:43pm

Re: GG LT4 Poles
And if you don't like them, they should be pretty easy to sell on Gear Swap.

In GEAR » GG Lighttrek poles
June 11, 6:07pm

Re: Re: Selling Lightweight: How Retailers Can Help Your Pack Weight
>> I've actually tried to pick up 3 or 4 of the companies you mentioned, but it didn't work out with any of them. Part of the reason you won't find those companies in retail out...

In Editor's Roundtable » Selling Lightweight: How Retailers Can Help Your Pack Weight
June 11, 1:55pm

Re: Cats
I don't particularly like cats. But if James can keep his controlled, and he wants to bring the cat, then go for it. I knew nothing about TNR before this thread. >> "to t...

In Chaff » Backpacking with Cats
June 11, 1:49pm

Re: Graffiti and Government Bullcrap
Thoughts and ramblings... Some of our National Parks are a mess. We (as we are the government) need to reevaluate how they are used. They are special places and need special care. Lets take ...

In Chaff » Graffiti and Government Bullcrap
June 11, 12:27pm

Re: Selling Lightweight: How Retailers Can Help Your Pack Weight
We forget that UL backpacking is a niche in the backpacking world. Even after nearly 20 years after Jardine published his first book. There is a lot of experience that goes with the ability to u...

In Editor's Roundtable » Selling Lightweight: How Retailers Can Help Your Pack Weight
June 10, 5:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am