BPL Community Profile

Tom Kirchner (ouzel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest/Sierra
About Me Leave no tracks.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Kirchner

Showing 4871 - 4880 of 5903 | Page: 1 ...479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 ...591

Forum » Thread

Re: Made in China - A State of the Market Report
"We definitely have a problem. Can someone please send me a PM when you find a solution ?" Relax Franco, Mother Nature has the solution well in hand.

In Editor's Roundtable » Made in China - A State of the Market Report
September 19, 8:57pm

Re: What about Net National Product?
"Thank you for your time and patience. I pray that each of you find productive, fulfilling livelihood in order to support yourself and your family. Grow a garden, empower others, and create re...

In Editor's Roundtable » Made in China - A State of the Market Report
September 18, 6:30pm

Re: injuring animals for entertainment????
"Tom, if fishing bothers you so much, what in the hell are you doing on a fishing forum?" Hi Todd, I seem to be the only Tom on the thread, so I guess you must be addressing me. La...

In Fishing » Tenkara Rods - UL fishing...
September 15, 7:40pm

Re: ULA Circuit vs. ULA Ohm (Help me decide!)
"But with the Ohm I worry I might not be able to fit all my gear + food/water for a 4-5 day trip. Also the hip belt on the Circuit looks much more comfortable." Hi Chris, I own both...

In GEAR » ULA Circuit vs. ULA Ohm (Help me decide!)
September 13, 4:04pm

Re: Re: re: bear bagging
"The important point is that there are clearly many areas where hanging is still an option: nearly everywhere outside of the Sierra, Sierra north of Yosemite including Tahoe region, much of SE...

In Editor's Roundtable » Turbo Bear Bag Hanging
September 11, 9:07pm

Re: Re: Inov8 370
"I have both the 370 and the 390Gtx and couldn't be happier with them!" + 1

In GEAR » Inov8 370
August 28, 1:45pm

Re: Outdoor lifestyle advice column
"Have questions about living an active, outdoor, environmentally friendly and romantic life? Get your questions answered with the new Wend magazine advice column Sex and the Woods. We are cove...

In Chaff » Outdoor lifestyle advice column
August 25, 6:51pm

Re: retro is as retro does
"Both the Gerry and Roberts stoves were a benchmark in lightweight gas cannnister stoves" Sigh...Now there's a trip down memory lane. Gerry's stove was the first stove I ever ...

In GEAR » You Tell Me...What is the Best Gear Ever???
August 23, 4:28pm

Re: thanks
" Her torso is in the 16" range" Hi Lucas, I don't know what your time frame is but, if you can wait until the end of the year when Brian Frankel is recovered, the ULA Circ...

In GEAR » Short MLD Exodus Owners?
August 21, 6:04pm

Re: Catch and release with Tenkara?
"But I wonder, what's the technique for catch and release, especially on brush-lined streams where you really can't back up and get them on the shore anyway? I catch and release a lot ...

In Fishing » Tenkara Rods - UL fishing...
August 21, 5:54pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Kirchner

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
Having used both of the above mentioned combinations(only with a Mens' Prolite 3), I heartily concur with their rating(s). It would be hard to find a piece of insulation/protection/padding that g...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
October 27, 5:20pm

ULA Circuit
Pro's: 1) Light; 2) Durable for the weight(like Kevin, I've done some off-trail/bushwhacking(Wanda Lake to Martha Lake via Davis Lakes/N. Goddard Creek) with only minor abrasion on the waist...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 29, 6:16pm

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
Scott, Check out travelcountry.com for the eco-mesh shirt. They have free shipping whereas Railriders charges a pretty hefty fee. I've been using this shirt for years and consider it the best S...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 06, 5:27pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
Hi David, What you are experiencing with your Prolite-4 is a common phenomenon in my experience with the Prolite-3. It is, however, easy to mitigate. Just position the valve next to your shoulder o...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 04, 5:17pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
I've used the Prolite-3 almost since it came out with good success. It compresses well, is very light FOR ITS SIZE(what would a TorsoLite weigh if it was 20"x48"??), and insulates just ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 15, 6:02pm

REI Peak UL
I've been using the Peak UL carbon fiber poles(womens' non antishock 3 section model-11.2 oz/pr) ever since they came on the market and have been ecstatic about their performance. Like some other pos...

In Trekking Poles
November 04, 5:58pm