Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tom Kirchner (ouzel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest/Sierra
About Me Leave no tracks.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Kirchner

Showing 4871 - 4880 of 6903 | Page: 1 ...479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 ...691

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Friggin' Great.
"Growing up is for suckers." It's nice to know I'm not the only one afflicted with Peter Pan Syndrome. Boogie on, Craig!

In Chaff » Friggin' Great.
June 23, 5:57pm

Re: Wow
"Humbling to see how quickly it moved" Yup. What I'm wondering is: With 400# of roaring, slavering grizzly closing on you at 40 mph, your adrenaline pumping, and that warm, wet f...

In Chaff » Maybe I should carry a gun in the backcountry....
June 22, 6:21pm

Re: on and on.
"It's never been clear to me why people can't just let people CTOC - crap their own crap.)" Probably for the same reason religious fanatics can't let people WTOG(worship th...

In GEAR » conserving ClO2 tablets
June 22, 6:16pm

Re: HI, JOE
"but I have a lot of stuff I really SHOULD be doing right now... but I'm not... I'm weighing sporks and looking at maps." There's almost certainly an HA chapter near you, J...

In Philosophy & Technique » Did backpacking transform you?
June 22, 6:12pm

Re: Lamarck Col in running shoes?
"What are your thoughts?" Shouldn't be a problem if the snow is not too compacted. Running shoes don't edge very well and that snow field can get compacted and even icy by lat...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Lamarck Col in running shoes?
June 21, 5:56pm

Re: Re: Re: yet another miscommunication.
"How can you disagree with this statement? If you leashed your child naked to a 4x4 foot box in the backyard you'd go to jail. Yet people do it to dogs all the time. Likewise wiring your c...

In Chaff » Terrorists finding a way in
June 21, 5:41pm

Re: 10 days on the CT, no resupply.
"So any suggestions on where I can get the other 1700 calories from? I'm looking for prepackaged stuff." Rich, If prepackaged is not mandatory, I'd suggest you consider add...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » 10 days on the CT, no resupply.
June 21, 5:24pm

Re: Transformation? Oh yeah.
"The more I backpack, the more I want to backpack." Now, repeat after me: "My name is Joe and I'm a hikeaholic", and you'll be formally admitted into a very select g...

June 21, 5:15pm

Re: Re: "Did backpacking transform you?"
"Weren't you the one singing the praises about cold dinners -- leaving the stove at home? Here, have some of my beef stroganoff..." I don't know that I was exactly praising the...

June 20, 4:48pm

Re: Re: Re: "Did backpacking transform you?"
"Eugene is a liar too!" We're all congenital liars here, especially Ben. ;}

June 19, 8:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Kirchner

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
Having used both of the above mentioned combinations(only with a Mens' Prolite 3), I heartily concur with their rating(s). It would be hard to find a piece of insulation/protection/padding that g...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
October 27, 5:20pm

ULA Circuit
Pro's: 1) Light; 2) Durable for the weight(like Kevin, I've done some off-trail/bushwhacking(Wanda Lake to Martha Lake via Davis Lakes/N. Goddard Creek) with only minor abrasion on the waist...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 29, 6:16pm

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
Scott, Check out travelcountry.com for the eco-mesh shirt. They have free shipping whereas Railriders charges a pretty hefty fee. I've been using this shirt for years and consider it the best S...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 06, 5:27pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
Hi David, What you are experiencing with your Prolite-4 is a common phenomenon in my experience with the Prolite-3. It is, however, easy to mitigate. Just position the valve next to your shoulder o...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 04, 5:17pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
I've used the Prolite-3 almost since it came out with good success. It compresses well, is very light FOR ITS SIZE(what would a TorsoLite weigh if it was 20"x48"??), and insulates just ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 15, 6:02pm

REI Peak UL
I've been using the Peak UL carbon fiber poles(womens' non antishock 3 section model-11.2 oz/pr) ever since they came on the market and have been ecstatic about their performance. Like some other pos...

In Trekking Poles
November 04, 5:58pm