Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tom Kirchner (ouzel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest/Sierra
About Me Leave no tracks.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Kirchner

Showing 4871 - 4880 of 6202 | Page: 1 ...479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 ...621

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Win?
"U.S. out of North America!" Nobody for president!

In Chaff » How Did BUSH WIN...?
December 10, 8:30pm

Re: Win?
"He didn't win!" Right, the Democrats lost by letting it get close enough to steal. What a different world it might be had that one gone to the Supreme Court." Same Sup...

In Chaff » How Did BUSH WIN...?
December 10, 6:13pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Harems...
"As long as we're going to stereotype, I'll bet they all have guns ;)" Rifles, too, Lynn. ;}

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Trekking and hunting
December 10, 5:55pm

Re: Re: Re: Harems...
"David means that polygamy has been banned by the Mormon church for years (1890). I believe it was a condition of Utah becoming a state..." Wink, wink; Nudge, nudge.

December 09, 8:17pm

Re: Re: Re: more Cutting the Cord
"It's the ...... pak-rifle you forgot to break down and left loaded in your pack that snags a branch and goes off DURING the fall that kills you! ;-)" If you're lucky. ;}

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » PLB's, SPOTS vs. Cutting the Cord
December 09, 6:39pm

Re: LOL
"For me there is only one rule: choose your partners well." Essential.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Unwritten Rules of Backpacking with Buddies
December 09, 6:35pm

Re: Re: Re: Harems?
"So, um, you're saying no good data to show my wife?" Au contraire, Cher Acrosome. I think she'd be delighted. :)

December 09, 6:24pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: unwritten rules
On the assumption you are well acquainted with your companion, share whatever it takes to make the trip a success, within your capabilities. Enen competent, trustworthy backpackers slip up and for...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Unwritten Rules of Backpacking with Buddies
December 08, 8:22pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Nature more than Kindergarten?
"Again, agree, but there appears to be a narrow window of opportunity for these tools to be developed, and kindergarten is too late for most." Whoever writes first on that "tabula...

In Philosophy & Technique » Off-Trail Lightweight Backpacking Philosophy
December 08, 6:44pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Nature more than Kindergarten?
"For me, kindergarten was a hard lesson in life of how badly behaved, stupid and lazy others can be. Quite the opposite of all that lovely sounding stuff about everything I ever needed to lear...

In Philosophy & Technique » Off-Trail Lightweight Backpacking Philosophy
December 08, 6:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Kirchner

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
Having used both of the above mentioned combinations(only with a Mens' Prolite 3), I heartily concur with their rating(s). It would be hard to find a piece of insulation/protection/padding that g...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
October 27, 5:20pm

ULA Circuit
Pro's: 1) Light; 2) Durable for the weight(like Kevin, I've done some off-trail/bushwhacking(Wanda Lake to Martha Lake via Davis Lakes/N. Goddard Creek) with only minor abrasion on the waist...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 29, 6:16pm

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
Scott, Check out travelcountry.com for the eco-mesh shirt. They have free shipping whereas Railriders charges a pretty hefty fee. I've been using this shirt for years and consider it the best S...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 06, 5:27pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
Hi David, What you are experiencing with your Prolite-4 is a common phenomenon in my experience with the Prolite-3. It is, however, easy to mitigate. Just position the valve next to your shoulder o...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 04, 5:17pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
I've used the Prolite-3 almost since it came out with good success. It compresses well, is very light FOR ITS SIZE(what would a TorsoLite weigh if it was 20"x48"??), and insulates just ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 15, 6:02pm

REI Peak UL
I've been using the Peak UL carbon fiber poles(womens' non antishock 3 section model-11.2 oz/pr) ever since they came on the market and have been ecstatic about their performance. Like some other pos...

In Trekking Poles
November 04, 5:58pm