Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tom Kirchner (ouzel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest/Sierra
About Me Leave no tracks.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Kirchner

Showing 4871 - 4880 of 6670 | Page: 1 ...479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 ...667

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: It's great to have a great woman...
"I think it drew out veiled threats of violence in only 5 posts." I guess you didn't mention guns or gas guzzlers?

In Chaff » It's great to have a great woman...
April 13, 5:59pm

Re: Re: Re: Hummus
"Also, if you are making a big bowlful of it for several eaters, then sprinkle a little paprika spice (reddish-brown) in a circle around the outside," Or, if you want the authentic fla...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The argument for cold food...
April 13, 5:48pm

Re: WM Highlite
Or a WM Highlite.

In GEAR » Looking for summer bag
April 13, 5:35pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: It's great to have a great woman...
"Fascinating: I simply praise my wife and our relationship in the original post; this was the last thread on Earth that I ever thought would start a debate." Haven't you learned by...

April 13, 5:22pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: It's great to have a great woman...
"Well aren't you just a bundle of sunshine! ...and SO humble!" The complete package.

April 13, 5:18pm

Re: Re: Great Replys
"Is my math really bad, or are you saying that you drink 3.5 liters a day and urinate 5?" Not for long....

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » How much water do you need
April 13, 5:16pm

Re: Re: Re: hydration correlation to condensation?
"Ah, I was originally going to include that I've curbed my bed-wetting several years ago!" My wife cured me on our honeymoon. ;}

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » How much water do you need
April 13, 5:13pm

Re: Re: Re: Good point!
"Developing skills and experiences if far more important than developing muscle in my opinion. Pretty much everyone that has seen my scrawny body might disagree" From one scrawny lil&#...

In Philosophy & Technique » A little UL Philosophy Help Please
April 12, 8:19pm

Re: Re: Re: Mutual support
In my relationship, we both do our best to help the other be who they are and realize their dreams. In my case that means being gone for 10 days or so at a time, and my wife has been very supporti...

April 12, 6:24pm

Re: The argument for cold food...
"And if I am missing out (I don't believe I am), would it affect me over 3 days? (as opposed to a month on the trail)" Not at all, IME. I do it frequently, although not in winter ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The argument for cold food...
April 12, 6:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Kirchner

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
Having used both of the above mentioned combinations(only with a Mens' Prolite 3), I heartily concur with their rating(s). It would be hard to find a piece of insulation/protection/padding that g...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
October 27, 5:20pm

ULA Circuit
Pro's: 1) Light; 2) Durable for the weight(like Kevin, I've done some off-trail/bushwhacking(Wanda Lake to Martha Lake via Davis Lakes/N. Goddard Creek) with only minor abrasion on the waist...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 29, 6:16pm

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
Scott, Check out travelcountry.com for the eco-mesh shirt. They have free shipping whereas Railriders charges a pretty hefty fee. I've been using this shirt for years and consider it the best S...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 06, 5:27pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
Hi David, What you are experiencing with your Prolite-4 is a common phenomenon in my experience with the Prolite-3. It is, however, easy to mitigate. Just position the valve next to your shoulder o...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 04, 5:17pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
I've used the Prolite-3 almost since it came out with good success. It compresses well, is very light FOR ITS SIZE(what would a TorsoLite weigh if it was 20"x48"??), and insulates just ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 15, 6:02pm

REI Peak UL
I've been using the Peak UL carbon fiber poles(womens' non antishock 3 section model-11.2 oz/pr) ever since they came on the market and have been ecstatic about their performance. Like some other pos...

In Trekking Poles
November 04, 5:58pm