BPL Community Profile

Tom Kirchner (ouzel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest/Sierra
About Me Leave no tracks.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Kirchner

Showing 4871 - 4880 of 6059 | Page: 1 ...479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 ...606

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Fosters!
"Anyway, I think the tent dude is more likely to be suffering from too many joints than too much beer..." Suffering?? ;)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Pretty funny..
November 04, 8:00pm

Re: Pretty funny
"however you need to be a pretty good actor to pull that off." Franco, Maybe he's just a natural? Actually I tend to agree with you; I was just trying to inject a note of levi...

November 04, 5:46pm

Re: Re: White Ursack
"Mine's yellow. It's practically invisible in a large vat of butter" Maybe dye it?? Easy for me to say; Mine's one of the old green ones. ;-) Actually, if one feel...

In GEAR » where in California is Ursack allowed?
November 04, 5:40pm

Re: Re: It has occurred to me
"Well that would just be mean... ;-)" Nah, he's just got a "Far Side" sense of humor. ;=}

November 04, 5:32pm

Re: Ursacks in Yosemite
"They are white so you have to hide them well." Maybe dye them??

November 04, 4:43pm

It has occurred to me
that he's jerking us around. I'll bet he's into his 10th beer by now(2nd Fosters if you're an Oz-ite) and rolling around on the floor with tears streaming down his face watching al...

November 04, 4:40pm

Re: Polypro-wool blend
Hey Chris, Dan pretty much said it all as far as Prowool is concerned. IME, it won't prevent odor from accumulating, but it is very warm and wick moisture away from the skin nicely. My long...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Polyester-Merino Wool Baselayer Idea
November 04, 4:34pm

Re: Re: "Inov8 370, 390 GTX, 295 Discount Code"
"Not working on the 390 gtx boot for me." Andy, It didn't work for me when I tried using AOL, but when I accessed the Inov8 website using Internet Explorer directly it worked ju...

In Gear Deals » Inov8 370, 390 GTX, 295 Discount Code
November 04, 4:22pm

Food questions
I'd be very interested in knowing what types of food you guys carried, calorie content, and weight. I'm sure a lot of thought went into that and the knowledge would be invaluable to many o...

In Editor's Roundtable » Le Parcour de Wild Race Report
November 04, 4:14pm

Re: where in California is Ursack allowed?
"I am wondering is anyone knows where in California it is still OK to use?" Going in over the following East side passes is OK: Paiute Pass, Lamarck Col, Taboose Pass, Shepherd Pass. ...

November 04, 3:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Kirchner

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
Having used both of the above mentioned combinations(only with a Mens' Prolite 3), I heartily concur with their rating(s). It would be hard to find a piece of insulation/protection/padding that g...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
October 27, 5:20pm

ULA Circuit
Pro's: 1) Light; 2) Durable for the weight(like Kevin, I've done some off-trail/bushwhacking(Wanda Lake to Martha Lake via Davis Lakes/N. Goddard Creek) with only minor abrasion on the waist...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 29, 6:16pm

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
Scott, Check out travelcountry.com for the eco-mesh shirt. They have free shipping whereas Railriders charges a pretty hefty fee. I've been using this shirt for years and consider it the best S...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 06, 5:27pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
Hi David, What you are experiencing with your Prolite-4 is a common phenomenon in my experience with the Prolite-3. It is, however, easy to mitigate. Just position the valve next to your shoulder o...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 04, 5:17pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
I've used the Prolite-3 almost since it came out with good success. It compresses well, is very light FOR ITS SIZE(what would a TorsoLite weigh if it was 20"x48"??), and insulates just ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 15, 6:02pm

REI Peak UL
I've been using the Peak UL carbon fiber poles(womens' non antishock 3 section model-11.2 oz/pr) ever since they came on the market and have been ecstatic about their performance. Like some other pos...

In Trekking Poles
November 04, 5:58pm