BPL Community Profile

Tom Kirchner (ouzel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest/Sierra
About Me Leave no tracks.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Kirchner

Showing 4871 - 4880 of 5643 | Page: 1 ...479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 ...565

Forum » Thread

Re: Pad dimensions?
"What size did you cut the pad to?" Hi Michael, I cut the pad to ~12" x 18", to slot into the diagonal retaining straps sewn in my size medium Ohm at the top and to run down...

In GEAR » ULA Ohm
April 13, 5:27pm

Re: "do you take protection on hikes?"
"David funny link." Ali, Man, you gotta get another avatar; Dave T's got a patent on this one. :)

In Chaff » do you take protection on hikes?
April 13, 5:08pm

Re: Dey Took Arr kniFes!!!!
" Oh, and next month I heard there is a protest against death and aging...you should attend!" Don't send poor Ali on a wild goose chase, Nate. This violates Kirchner's Corol...

April 13, 5:06pm

Re: Drugs
"For those of you who climbed a fourteen’er using these drugs, it wasn’t you climbing it was the drugs climbing for you." Timothy, Is caffein on your list of banned substances? ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » allitude sickness
April 13, 5:02pm

Re: hiking with a knife
"Just another reason that I avoid the People's Republic of California." Fer Gawd's sake, Dean, don't let the sun set on you in Berserkely.

April 13, 4:51pm

Re: Ohm fit concerns
"I still need to experiment with different pads inside against the back panel." Hi Michael, I custom cut a piece of 3/8" blue Ensolite closed cell foam and use it as a back pad o...

In GEAR » ULA Ohm
April 13, 4:45pm

Re: Let's take a deep breath...
"Maybe we should just hike naked with a canteen and a knife." That's cheating, too, Zack. Camel up and learn how to knap flint.

April 12, 8:51pm

Re: Timothy.
"Please tell me what else I am supposed to do, or not do, in a judgmental and closed-minded fashion, please." He just did, Dave. :)

April 12, 8:49pm

Re: Re: Re: Another dubious icebreaker owner!!
"I haven't tried anything with anti-bacterial properties yet. Is it a permanent effect that won't wear away with time?" Hi ashley, The treatments come in 2 varieties, as I und...

In GEAR » Icebreaker Atlas Ultralite 150 L/S T
April 11, 7:06pm

Re: Re: Gear?
"Hey, that's DaveT's department! :)" Now, Ben. Tut, tut.

In GEAR » Right VS Wrong or Left VS Right
April 11, 5:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Kirchner

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
Having used both of the above mentioned combinations(only with a Mens' Prolite 3), I heartily concur with their rating(s). It would be hard to find a piece of insulation/protection/padding that g...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
October 27, 5:20pm

ULA Circuit
Pro's: 1) Light; 2) Durable for the weight(like Kevin, I've done some off-trail/bushwhacking(Wanda Lake to Martha Lake via Davis Lakes/N. Goddard Creek) with only minor abrasion on the waist...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 29, 6:16pm

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
Scott, Check out travelcountry.com for the eco-mesh shirt. They have free shipping whereas Railriders charges a pretty hefty fee. I've been using this shirt for years and consider it the best S...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 06, 5:27pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
Hi David, What you are experiencing with your Prolite-4 is a common phenomenon in my experience with the Prolite-3. It is, however, easy to mitigate. Just position the valve next to your shoulder o...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 04, 5:17pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
I've used the Prolite-3 almost since it came out with good success. It compresses well, is very light FOR ITS SIZE(what would a TorsoLite weigh if it was 20"x48"??), and insulates just ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 15, 6:02pm

REI Peak UL
I've been using the Peak UL carbon fiber poles(womens' non antishock 3 section model-11.2 oz/pr) ever since they came on the market and have been ecstatic about their performance. Like some other pos...

In Trekking Poles
November 04, 5:58pm