BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 4851 - 4860 of 5440 | Page: 1 ...477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 ...544

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: re: Joe Valesko of Zpack's new Joe Valesko of Zpack's newZPacks™ "Hexamid" Twin Tent or Tarp
Very nice!!

In GEAR » Joe Valesko of Zpack's new Joe Valesko of Zpack's newZPacks™ "Hexamid" Twin Tent or Tarp
February 05, 5:35pm

Re: Re: Re: pro/con
First of all THERE IS NO PERFECT system!! I look for the least weight to cover 99.9% of my needs. For me it is a tarp; and tarps are not for everyone. I can use a head net for flying bugs, which...

In GEAR » versatility in a shelter choice?
February 05, 5:26pm

Re: Re: Mike C, underwear, and socks
Nylon dress socks weigh 0.6 oz. And you can ditch the underwear to save weight. I do both often. But.... I am not ditching TP :)

In Gear Lists » some input on my current gear list please
February 04, 8:50pm

Re: DON'T Do This!
Well Ben... In retrospect, it was a bad idea!!

In GEAR » air travel with a backpacker stove
February 03, 7:38pm

Re: Running shoes bad for the joints?
Cameron, Some excellent points made in your last 3 posts in this thread. If you hike barefoot or in 5 fingers, you will place more weight and center of gravity on the ball of the foot, rather th...

In GEAR » Running shoes bad for the joints?
February 03, 6:49pm

Re: Spinntwin
Jim, Thank you for the compliment!! Yes the material is noisy. Just picking it up you hear it crackle. But pitch it tight. It has never woken me up. Keep in mind that the SpinnTwinn has a cat...

In GEAR » GG The One - Photos?
February 03, 6:32pm

Re: text from the TSA web page
I know you can carry a BIC lighter. I have won that agrument twice, and one of the times was last week (a new TSA employee). Are going to check anything? If so, I would fill a rubbing alcohol bo...

In GEAR » air travel with a backpacker stove
February 03, 5:59pm

Re: TT Moment
Eric, The Moment looks like a piece of great engineering. But for me a SpinnTwinn provides almost twice as much floor space as the Moment including its vestible. The SpinnTwinn is so palatial, t...

In GEAR » GG The One - Photos?
February 03, 3:50pm

Re: KSO TREK WEIGHT
My size 43 weigh 13.4 oz. They are fine for maintained trails. Since I do a lot of cross country hiking they don't work well in that environment. I do run in them in the desert, and even on ...

In GEAR » Vibram Five Fingers in KS
February 03, 2:07pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: essence
Sid, My large reads 6.7oz on my scale. Also, not sure how much those vents are going to help. I think you might be a little unhappy with the medium.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Marmot Essence
February 01, 6:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am