BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4801 - 4810 of 6607 | Page: 1 ...472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 ...661

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: ideal backpacking partner
"Katharina Pierini" Okay, I'll go with Katharina too. Of course, I've never even met her, but I'm willing to take Ken's word for it.....

In Philosophy & Technique » Whi is your ideal backpacking partner???
September 05, 9:09pm

Re: Re: Who is your ideal backpacking partner???
"need extra stakes? -... OK, OK... TOO FAR" LOL. Don't worry Jeff, if you need a backpacking partner in hell, I'm there.......

In Philosophy & Technique » Whi is your ideal backpacking partner???
September 05, 9:04pm

Re: Re: Re: One hand vs. the other??
"They seem to match up to me." Hmmmmmm. They may be saying the same thing, but they seem (SEEM) to be enforcing it differently, and therein lies the confusion.

In Gear Swap » FS: Tarptent Rainbow
August 31, 12:20pm

Re: zing
Never could get used to using a pad for under insulation in a hammock. Just never found it comfortable. In the cold weather I use an underquilt (cuben/down UQ from Tim Marshall at enLIGHTened equip...

In Hammocks » What insulation?
August 31, 11:41am

Re: Re: response I got
"...which had been often overlooked in the past" This, really, is the crux of the matter, IMO. Life is full of rules, people would just like those rules enforced consistently. That is ...

In Gear Swap » FS: Tarptent Rainbow
August 31, 8:49am

Re: I'm a Tosser
It's interesting, really. I took to hammocking immediately, no 'break in' period needed. The first time I ever backpacked with one was the best sleep I had ever had in the backcountry. ...

In Hammocks » Hammocks... For Log Sleepers Only?
August 30, 12:26pm

Re: Re: Spam
Hey Dan, BigRay wasn't talking about you, he was talking about the comment directly above his, from Billy. Don't be so quick to assume ;) Sit back and have another........etc. etc.

In Make Your Own Gear » TLUD Woodgaz burning stove
August 30, 9:40am

Re: Re: Just Back From Carson Pass
Ah, bike touring. Love it. Two buddies and I, when stationed in Europe, used to take most of our leave all at once and tour a different country on our bikes, unsupported, for three weeks at a time....

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » My First Bicycle Tour
August 27, 6:42am

Re: Spammer
FWIW, why not make it easier on the moderators -- who do the moderating in their spare time for free -- and instead of just posting SPAM where they'd have to come across it, click on the red fl...

In GEAR » Water filter comparisons
August 26, 9:07pm

Re: Hexamid twin
Hi Brian, Not sure of the dimensions, but I believe it's just a regular twin ground sheet sewn in. Next time I set it up I'll measure it and let you know. Netting is attached to the edge...

In GEAR » My new modded Hexamid Twin
August 22, 12:21pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am