Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4801 - 4810 of 7545 | Page: 1 ...472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 ...755

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: What's happening to us?
"The computer is 'infinitely' more captivating / interactive than the TV." Outside/the real world is infinitely more captivating and interactive than the computer, but we don&#...

In Chaff » What's happening to us?
April 22, 12:41pm

Re: Why use a Bivy
When I did the Teton Crest last year, we were blessed with amazing weather - no rain for the entire week and clear (though chilly) skies at night. Being in my bivy, with no tarp overhead, allowe...

In GEAR » Why use a Bivy
April 22, 12:36pm

Re: HUH?
Not sure he's making some specific point, other than the jacket wasn't made for a bit, and now it's being made again. And it seems like a pretty nice jacket. Kinda simple, really.

In GEAR » Feathered Friends Jackorack jacket and vest returns
April 21, 6:59pm

Re: Best rain jacket for under $150?
I've got a Marmot rain jacket. Not really sure of which model - I think it's a bit too heavy to be a Precip (mine weighs about 16 oz). It's in great shape (no rips/tears/stains/etc), ha...

In GEAR » Best rain jacket for under $150?
April 21, 6:37pm

Re: 20% off EB/First Ascent
Funny, that's the same code I used for 20 percent off at the Chicken Ranch in Nevada.....

In Gear Deals » 20% off EB/First Ascent
April 21, 3:01pm

Re: Re: baselayers
"Maybe you just need to eat more." ROFFL. Of course, then he'd be like me. I can see every fat roll separately in the right light (which includes darkness, unfortunately.....)

In Philosophy & Technique » Dealing with an all-day spring deluge
April 21, 2:56pm

Re: Both
If this were a medium I'd be all over it! Wash it in hot water and see if it will shrink! ;-)

In Gear Swap » FS: FF Rock Wren sleeping bag, FF Pangaea Epic shell/windshirt L, Arc'Teryx Regent Cardigan wool jacket XL, Grohmann Boat knife
April 20, 10:10pm

Re: Wuz up?
I have a Burn, size medium, that fits me. Love the pack. But the small is, well, too small. Same with the Cocoon hoody. I have a medium that fits well. Love the hoody. But the small doesn't fit...

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD Burn - S, eVent mitts - M, BPL Cocoon Hoody - S
April 20, 10:08pm

Re: eVENT mitts
Devon, Sent you a couple of PMs. Did you get them?

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD Burn - S, eVent mitts - M, BPL Cocoon Hoody - S
April 20, 8:40pm

Re: Hexamid Twin
I only used it twice before selling it. Really liked it though, just didn't fit into my backpacking style, really (3-season hammocker, Duomid in winter). Easy to set up, had it in a very light ...

In GEAR » Joe Valesko of Zpack's new Joe Valesko of Zpack's newZPacks™ "Hexamid" Twin Tent or Tarp
April 20, 8:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am