BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4801 - 4810 of 6571 | Page: 1 ...472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 ...658

Forum » Thread

Seattle area overnighter with kids?
Hi all, Looking for a nice overnighter in the Seattle area, say late September/early October timeframe. I'll be taking my 12-year-old nephew for his first backpacking trip, so I'd probab...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Seattle area overnighter with kids?
July 28, 7:43pm

Re: Swing in the hammock?
"Probably one of the best commercial hammocks is the black bonnet Warbird." He meant, of course, the Warbonnet Blackbird. Fabulous hammock (of course, it's the one I use, so I'...

In GEAR » Swing in the hammock?
July 28, 7:33pm

Re: "The Carbon Flame War"
"Any Cap and Tax bill will be riddled with goodies for special interest groups and exceptions for favored political entities." Agree completely. Actually, pretty much ANY bill of any k...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
July 27, 5:54pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Carbon Flame Distraction
"I blame the media for this most of all..." I blame the public for this most of all. And I just don't buy the old canard that we're too busy trying to survive to figure it all ...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
July 27, 5:51pm

Re: sleeping bag liner on it's own for summer? recommendations?
Finally had a chance to try out my enLIGHTened cuben summer quilt last weekend in PA. 1" down loft, zippered footbox, a tad over 7 oz. I was in a hammock with no UQ first night, and a JRB W...

In GEAR » sleeping bag liner on it's own for summer? recommendations?
July 27, 11:29am

Re: Re: g spot
"Maybe if everyone spent a little more time hanging out on the "G Spot" we'd have fewer flame wars? ;}" Is the G Spot closer to the wrist, or nearer the palm? ;-)

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » The G Spot
July 20, 10:17pm

Re: Re: Re: What bit me?
I do know the black flies can be vicious! I hated them much worse than the mosquitos.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What bit me?
July 20, 2:54pm

Re: UL REI STYLE - Yes it CAN Be Done
"This is reminding me of a Whiteblaze thread." Can I take it I'm not the only one who thinks more and more BPL threads turn out this way lately? Lot o' hating/fighting going on...

In GEAR » UL REI STYLE - Yes it CAN Be Done
July 19, 12:18pm

Re: Advantages of living after 50!
Well, I just flat out disagree with #9! In fact, at 50, sex without glasses is preferable ... for my partner anyway!

In Chaff » Advantages of living after 50!
July 19, 9:11am

Re: WARNING; DON'T LET YOUR LITTLE GIRL
Very, very cool. You do realize, people are gonna be asking......... Better start working on your price list......

In GEAR » WARNING; DON'T LET YOUR LITTLE GIRL
July 18, 9:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am