Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4801 - 4810 of 7322 | Page: 1 ...472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 ...733

Forum » Thread

Re: Can't open BPL on Safari
Okay, try this. Open Safari preferences, go to the "Security" tab. Click on "Show Databases". Delete any databases in there. Close preferences. Try to load BPL. Let us know i...

In Chaff » Can't open BPL on safari . . .
March 17, 5:22pm

Re: Re: Boiler meal prep
"Weight-wise, I guess it doesn't make sense to carry the BCB *and* a cook pot to eat out of." Again, it depends. Since you can boil water while cooking a meal in a pot over the BCB...

In GEAR » The Kettle is coming !
March 17, 5:12pm

Re: Can't open BPL on safari . . .
Do you have any other browsers on your iMac that you can try to see if it's duplicated across browsers? If not, download Firefox or something and give it a try.

In Chaff » Can't open BPL on safari . . .
March 17, 2:37pm

Re: Thread Drift - aka Matthew's insecurities
"They can however be a pain in the rear to get on though, at least the Scottish Tartan." I think you're putting the pin in the wrong place.......

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How many BPL'ers wear KILTS?
March 17, 12:53pm

Re: BCB cult
"Indeed a hardware cloth ring set on top of the BCB allows you to put another pot on top for additional cooking. Medicineman did just that in this vid he posted yesterday. http://www.youtub...

March 17, 9:41am

Re: Kinda creepy cult-like boiler folks?
So let me get this straight. You post a somewhat fair pros/cons of the boiler, but title your post with language sure to draw emotion (creepy, cult, really?), finish it with a smarmy graph on koola...

March 17, 6:55am

Re: tent camping
From one info site: "The Laurel Ridge State Park Office is located just off the Trail on Rt. 653. Before an overnight stay, you must contact the Park Office to reserve a shelter or campsite.&...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Laurel Highlands Trail
March 16, 8:07pm

Re: is this like "On the Beach"
"do i get laid" Sure, but unfortunately by John Travolta wearing fake wings.

In Chaff » THE WRATH of the Almighty - Mark My Words!!
March 16, 5:35pm

Re: Doug the comedian
"I do believe you owe Tony an apology though." Sorry Tony! But I, personally, like the JRB sarong!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How many BPL'ers wear KILTS?
March 16, 5:33pm

Re: THE WRATH of the Almighty - Mark My Words!!
" The lamb will lie down with the lion." According to Genesis, the lamb lies down on broadway.....

In Chaff » THE WRATH of the Almighty - Mark My Words!!
March 16, 1:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am