Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4801 - 4810 of 7139 | Page: 1 ...472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 ...714

Forum » Thread

Re: ultralight bivy
"I've been leaning toward an MLD Superlight bivy, and the net hood vs. net window is an option I'm interested in knowing more about. Which do you like best? Or do you like one in certa...

In GEAR » Help with choosing between the MDL Superlight and the BPL Vapr bivy (or any other UL bivys)
February 22, 6:55am

Re: Re: Re: Re: RE Snow
"The ticks will be walking around with tiny Kahtoola Microspikes for snow and ice." Hmmmm. You've got tricky little buggers out there, don't you.....

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual Bay Area BPL Hike
February 21, 9:42pm

Re: Re: RE Snow
With temps in the 30s and 40s, would that mean ticks shouldn't be a problem?

February 21, 9:35pm

Re: Padded Backpack Straps
Chris, you continue to do wonderful work. The shoulder straps look great!

In Make Your Own Gear » Padded Backpack Straps
February 21, 8:51pm

Re: Great
"Anybody else flying 2000 miles for the event?" A touch more, actually! ;-)

February 21, 7:06pm

Ken's right, not my idea of fun
Traveling thousands of miles to hang out in crappy weather is not my idea of fun. BUT, traveling thousands of miles to hang out with the cool, fun and entertaining West Coast BPL crowd, regardle...

February 21, 5:14pm

Re: @Brad
Interesting. I'm a centrist (not surprised) on the libertarian side (might surprise some). From the chart: Your PERSONAL issues Score is 70% Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 60%

In Chaff » Republican's attack on wilderness. Unconscionable!
February 21, 2:48pm

Re: Help with choosing between the MDL Superlight and the BPL Vapr bivy (or any other UL bivys)
Never used the BPL bivy, but I've used the MLD superlight a number of times (currently own both the net hood and the net window versions. Liked them so much I bought a special order double). ...

In GEAR » Help with choosing between the MDL Superlight and the BPL Vapr bivy (or any other UL bivys)
February 21, 2:44pm

Re: All wet in my bivy - WHY?
"What's important is for you to know this doesn't mean you did anything bad." ROFFL!

In GEAR » All wet in my bivy - WHY?
February 21, 9:27am

Need assistance from San Franciscan/Redwood City going to Coe meetup
Is there anyone living in San Francisco or Redwood City who is going to the Coe meetup next weekend and would pick something up for me?

In Chaff » Need assistance from San Franciscan/Redwood City
February 21, 9:12am

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am