Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4801 - 4810 of 6983 | Page: 1 ...472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 ...699

Forum » Thread

Re: Forum nicknames
I don't see anywhere to change it, but I do kinda sorta remember when I first signed up filling in some type of 'forum name' or some such block.

In Chaff » Forum nicknames
January 30, 7:23am

Re: Re: RE: Forum nicknames
Mine is a nickname I've had forever. The other nickname I've had for a long time (given by a coworker some 20 years ago) is idemonster. I decided on idester for this forum......

In Chaff » Forum nicknames
January 30, 7:01am

Music for the soul
Been listening to this a lot lately, the version on solo acoustic vol. 1, but this is a wonderful version as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcnNWyJINGU&feature=related And this one ...

In Chaff » Music for the soul
January 29, 9:09pm

Re: What Tom and Doug said.
"Much better, thanks." Perhaps. But you LOOKED much better than Tom or I saying it! ;-)

In Philosophy & Technique » Training & Workout
January 29, 6:02pm

Re: training
"It is also not necessarily the case that being overweight rules one out from training." I agree completely, but might add that people with chronic weight problems need to train their ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Training & Workout
January 29, 5:15pm

Re: Stitching
Daryl, Haven't actually gotten the pack yet. Should have it by the end of next week.

In GEAR » My new pack
January 29, 3:55pm

Re: re
"I'm waving this magic wand but I wonder if it's really doing anything" [Sigh] So many openings. So little time.....

In GEAR » What contaminates do you treat your water for? And what do you use to filter/purify?
January 29, 2:39pm

Re: $400 top bags
Interesting comment Josh. But there is a cost/benefit relationship here, depending on how much you value time (your's or someone else's). So if the $400 quilt only costs $140 in material...

In Make Your Own Gear » M50 TopBag Finished
January 29, 2:28pm

Re: Re: Re: Very nice
Ken, I'd be happy to bring it and show it off .. er ... around! Where can I get a good sense of the weather/temps where we'll be (or is that at the wiki that I have yet to visit!?)? ...

In GEAR » My new pack
January 29, 1:55pm

Re: Very nice
"Only negative is the drawstring top isn't waterproof" That's okay, I generally use a pack cover when it's raining!

In GEAR » My new pack
January 29, 1:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am