Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4801 - 4810 of 6775 | Page: 1 ...472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 ...678

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: New Kifaru Pack - less then 3lbs, 5200 ci, will carry 100+ lbs!
"Let's see a show of hands. How many people want to haul 100-150 pounds in their pack?" Hunters, carrying out a kill. There are a few of those folks on BPL.

In GEAR » New Kifaru Pack - less then 3lbs, 5200 ci, will carry 100+ lbs!
December 10, 10:03pm

Re: Which model?
Hi Brian, I guess Tim calls them his Epiphany line. I've had it down to 30 degrees or so in an MLD Superlight bivy out in the open (and with the bivy top opened, not zipped shut, and the footbo...

In Gear Swap » FS: Injinji toe socks - $300
December 10, 9:43pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Socks
And I'll even throw in a pair of slightly used Five Fingers KSO's, size M40, grey/palm color, for free as well, so you can try the socks out on something. What a fricking bargain!

December 10, 9:29pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Socks
"What size are the socks?" Of course! Sorry. The socks are medium.

December 10, 8:46pm

Re: Re: Socks
Shoot, Travis, I can never pull one over on you! Okay, I admit it, the socks aren't wool.

December 10, 8:20pm

FS: Injinji toe socks - $300 - SOLD
More correctly, the quilt has sold. I have three pair of Injinji toe socks I'm selling for $300. Only one pair has been worn, the other two are like new. Light brown color. I'll include ...

December 10, 7:32pm

Re: "TiGoat polies best/lightest?"
"I opt to use the poles w/o the optional wrist straps" Personally, I think this is key. I'm also aggressive with my poles, but have never busted one because as soon as I feel one &...

In GEAR » TiGoat polies best/lightest?
December 10, 5:57pm

Re: Blackwelder
Try here

In GEAR » Katabatic Gear Blackwelder 0* Quilt
December 10, 10:01am

Re: MYOG Hexamid?
"In sewing clothing, it was always recommended that anything not simple first be made up in the cheapest material available. That gives you a chance to practice without ruining a bunch of good...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Hexamid?
December 09, 8:58pm

Re: simple.
"I would think that even a simple-minded warmist-alarmist simpleton like you would be able to ascertain that a left-winger, even one of smaller stature, would start to sink (and thus lose one&...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
December 08, 3:38pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am