BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4801 - 4810 of 6400 | Page: 1 ...472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 ...640

Forum » Thread

Re: Leaving on a thruhike...
Have a great hike Jack!

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Leaving on a thruhike...
June 11, 8:26pm

Re: pm re custom quilt
I remember seeing, rather recently, a custom quilt Javan had made for sale here on BPL, if I remember correctly. Looked very well made!

In GEAR » 1lb or under 32-40 degree bags?
June 11, 1:49pm

Re: "1lb or under 32-40 degree bags?"
There's my 12 oz custom cuben quilt.......

In GEAR » 1lb or under 32-40 degree bags?
June 11, 1:46pm

Re: MLD Order Timeline
+1 to what Thom said. Ron will at least let you know if, with his current log of orders, he thinks he can accommodate your request.

In GEAR » MLD order filling timeline
June 11, 11:14am

Re: Re: WTB: MLD Serenity Shelter and Grace Solo Tarp
nm

In Gear Swap » WTB: MLD Serenity Shelter and Grace Solo Tarp
June 10, 10:13am

Re: Re: eVent
Well, never did get back to anyone on these (Pro Grid Razor eVent), did I. They were okay, but it's too easy to get water in over the tops. Might be fine in low slush. I did one hike in them an...

In GEAR » Saucony Pro Grid Razor
June 10, 10:03am

Re: Re: WTB: Tarp
"I'd love to find out more about this company." I believe Franco has written about them before. Do a google search on BPL and you'll find all kinds of references to them.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Tarp
June 09, 4:46pm

Re: Not what I sighted up for
I moved into my neighborhood to live in my house, not to listen to my neighbors' children. I understand the need for parents to let their children outside at some point, but I do not want to ac...

In Editor's Roundtable » Rapids, Wolves, and Winter
June 09, 4:43pm

Re: Re: Are you sure?
Never done the Smokies (on my list of todos!). On parts of the Virginia AT, there are tent pads at the shelters in case the shelter is full so it's more staying at the shelter and not necessari...

In Gear Lists » An evaluation of the gear I packed
June 09, 2:14pm

Re: WTB: Tarp
It might help if you didn't use words so open to interpretation. What size tarp are you looking for (decently large is different things to different people)? What's the most you're hopi...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Tarp
June 09, 1:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am