Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4801 - 4810 of 7581 | Page: 1 ...472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 ...759

Forum » Thread

Re: Snobs and Yuppies?
"Uncalled for." eric is a self-loathing yuppie, he can't help himself.

In GEAR » Patagonia UL Down Shirt
May 01, 9:41am

Re: Vest
Hi Chris, It's not my vest, I simply pointed you to the person who was selling it. Perhaps he could tell you how it fits.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Primaloft vest
April 29, 8:51pm

Re: WTB: Primaloft vest
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=46920

In Gear Swap » WTB: Primaloft vest
April 29, 8:14pm

Re: Skaha alternatives
What size are you?

In GEAR » Skaha alternatives
April 29, 6:39am

Re: Dehydrated eggs that taste like eggs!
I read about these! They taste so good because they actually dehydrate the chicken before it lays the egg! The egg is already dehydrated when the chicken lays it. Science, how cool.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Dehydrated eggs that taste like eggs!
April 28, 8:49pm

Re: Cuben
I can only tell you what Ron told me when I specifically asked if he'd make one in cuben. He said no, the design needed the give/stretch/whatever to provide optimum results.

In GEAR » MLD Trailstar Question
April 28, 1:28pm

Re: Want a source for waterproof paper for journal
I believe I have at least one, and maybe two, of the small notebooks they sell on BPL that I'll give you for free - if you join BPL! FWIW.

In Make Your Own Gear » Want a source for waterproof paper for journal
April 28, 11:19am

Re: warmth
Agree with eric, you don't buy a wind jacket for warmth. it'll keep you a bit warmer while moving, simply because you're inhibiting air flow, but it's not designed to add warmth, es...

In GEAR » Need Help w/ UL Wind Jacket...
April 28, 9:20am

Re: Fill in the Blank!
lipstick and latex.......

In Philosophy & Technique » Fill in the Blank!
April 27, 6:38pm

Re: something not thought of...
"please no yelling." AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! .. oops, erp. Sorry.

In GEAR » pack recommendations
April 26, 9:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am