Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4801 - 4810 of 7467 | Page: 1 ...472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 ...747

Forum » Thread

Re: Videos
Just link to the videos in the review.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Videos
April 13, 5:58pm

Re: Re: Re: FS: eVent Packa
"Here is a must see video..." Those guys are nuts! What a hoot!

In Gear Swap » FS: eVent Packa
April 13, 5:38pm

Ode to a Gear Junkie
You know how when you scratch your pup in JUST the right spot, her eyes roll back in her head and she starts flailing one of her legs like mad? You know you’ve just given your dog a taste for wha...

In Chaff » Ode to a Gear Junkie
April 13, 5:27pm

Re: WTB: MLD eVENT Rain Mitts
I've got a never used pair. $45 includes first class shipping. Paypal personal (no fees).

In Gear Swap » WTB: MLD eVENT Rain Mitts
April 13, 4:48pm

Re: FS: eVent Packa
"Here is the original prototype" Ah, back before I got fat. I still have my wall painted like that.....

April 13, 4:42pm

Re: Re: eVent Packa - WITHDRAWN
Bought it from Cedar Tree (Eddie Hinnant). Bought both of them from Cedar Tree, actually.

April 13, 4:20pm

Re: Photo of it on?
Hmmm. I live alone, and the last time I let my puppy fool around with the camera she took some rather racy pics of her and the german shepherd down the street, and THEN posted them to my facebook p...

April 13, 3:17pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: FS: eVent Packa - S
Another nice thing I remember about the Packa is when I was hiking the Susquehannock, it rained on and off. You can put the sil pack cover on, and tuck the jacket part into it. When it starts raini...

April 13, 2:16pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: FS: eVent Packa - S
Weighs right around a pound. I'm 5'8" and currently right around 185. When I put it on I've got plenty of room in it, could layer a down piece under it easily, the sleeves come dow...

April 13, 2:11pm

Re: Re: FS: eVent Packa - S
Hi Nick, It actually did meet my expectations quite well. I'm not quite sure if I ever wore this one -- I had a medium and traded it to another BPL member for a small, since the small was to...

April 13, 12:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am