BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4801 - 4810 of 6134 | Page: 1 ...472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 ...614

Forum » Thread

Re: wind screen
Angela, don't worry about a wind screen, I've got you covered.

In Gear Lists » AT gear list
April 01, 6:29pm

Re: Re: $ / oz.
I'm an exception with you Nick. I don't really consider price at all (which is why I have a Raku....), I just get what I want that I believe will make my backpacking more enjoyable. Or, som...

In Multiple Use Gear » $ / oz.
April 01, 5:19pm

Re: Cuben Hammock Tarp
It's the standard MLD cuben hex hammock tarp. Great tarp. I've used it quite a bit. I am having one custom made though. Hope to have it in a few weeks.

In GEAR » MLD Tarps
April 01, 12:54pm

Re: Re: Velcro Ankle Band
Oh Ben, give the rest of us a chance, will ya! ;-)

In GEAR » pant cuff snugger thingie
March 31, 7:16pm

Re: pant cuff snugger thingie
Your local REI or EMS or even craft shop should have velcro straps of varying length. That would work fine, I would think.

In GEAR » pant cuff snugger thingie
March 31, 7:15pm

Re: Entertaining video of grizzly bears
That's fricking amazing! Love the part where he's sitting on Brutus' belly!

In Chaff » Entertaining video of grizzly bears
March 31, 7:10pm

Re: Re: Re: Ohm could work
"If you're either UL or borderline UL, you should be able to carry everything you need for a 10 day trip in an Ohm." +1, and carry it quite comfortably as well.

In Gear Swap » WTB ULA Circuit
March 31, 6:07pm

Re: Re: How does one become a thru-hiker?
The fairer sex has feets!

In Philosophy & Technique » How does one become a thru-hiker?
March 31, 3:09pm

Re: Re: Balls
"Balls is overrated. I give 34% to brain, 33% to heart and 33% to balls. :)" The feets is feeling really left out of this equation....

In Philosophy & Technique » How does one become a thru-hiker?
March 31, 2:41pm

Re: Re: Re: So what did you do with your dividend? - Travis
The standard KSOs. Okay so far. I actually ran in them on my treadmill for about half an hour, including some speed work. Interesting.

In Chaff » So what did you do with your dividend?
March 31, 2:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am