BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4801 - 4810 of 6427 | Page: 1 ...472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 ...643

Forum » Thread

Re: re: REI
"As Roman Dial said, we pack our insecurities." And sometimes I pack my partner's insecurities too. Her pack is always lighter.....

In GEAR » Backpacking Light @ REI = LOL
June 15, 1:51pm

Re: FS: MDL cuben pro tarp/bug bivy
"Say Doug,why are you selling them?" I'm single. I'm impulsive. I'm well paid. Mix those three things and you end up with lots of gear that you sometimes wonder why you bou...

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD cuben pro tarp/bug bivy
June 15, 1:48pm

Re: FS: MLD cuben pro tarp / bug bivy
Hey Chad, It's a standard MLD bug bivy. From the MLD site: ONE SIZE TO FIT UP TO 6'4" • Weight: 6oz Lightest full body bug and ground protection bivy available. • Length: 6...

June 15, 12:05pm

Re: FS: MLD cuben pro tarp/bug bivy
nudge nudge, wink wink....

June 15, 10:23am

Re: How to build a healthy Reeses cup
And for a tasty alternative, use almond butter!

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » How to build a healthy Reeses cup
June 15, 10:21am

Re: Re: Paint
Just get a real strong rope, and a real sturdy tree limb.......

In Chaff » Bears eating our cabin. Why?
June 14, 4:37pm

Re: Half moon net window or net only hood?
I have one of each -- but if I was to only get one I'd get the half moon window. Net only hood is really for very warm weather.

In GEAR » Bivy + Cuben Fiber/Down Quilt
June 14, 10:48am

Re: Awesome
Either a TiGoat bivy, an MLD Superlight or an Oware bivy would be great choices. My personal preference is the MLD.

In GEAR » Bivy + Cuben Fiber/Down Quilt
June 14, 5:27am

Re: West to East
Just found out one of the victims was a woman who worked for my organization (not someone I knew personally). She was camping with her granddaughter at the Albert Pike campground. Both perished. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Trouble in Ouachita Mountains in Arkansas
June 13, 8:18pm

Re: Slik Able 300DX tripod-TAKEN
Tripod has been taken.

In Gear Swap » Slik Able 300DX tripod
June 13, 7:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am