BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4801 - 4810 of 6525 | Page: 1 ...472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 ...653

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Windshirts - What am I missing?-Andy
How much did you pay for the Trail Wind?

In GEAR » Windshirts - What am I missing?
July 01, 8:52pm

Re: pole jack
for a nice, light but long pole jack, get one of those towel hangers for the bathroom. The hollow aluminum tube is perfect, and you can get from 12" to 18" so you don't have to pitch ...

In Make Your Own Gear » pole jack
July 01, 8:12pm

Re: MARS (and houdinis!) @ patagoina.com
All I saw for Houdinis (at $90) was XL, and only in alpha green

In Gear Deals » MARS (and houdinis!) @ patagoina.com
July 01, 3:22pm

Re: Re: Let there be peace on earth-lovely song
Powerful song

In Chaff » Let there be peace on earth.
July 01, 10:23am

Re: Re: specifics
"If the scientific world depended on Google, we would be near to putting a man on the Moon." I really can't disagree with this statement strongly enough. You Google lovers don'...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bear Attack at Red River Gorge in Ky
July 01, 9:53am

Re: Patience
"When the next new design comes out from some other cottage manufacturer, several owners will need to sell their Hexes to buy the hot, new designs." Hey! I resemble that remark.....

In Gear Swap » WTB: Hexamid
July 01, 7:42am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "The Carbon Flame War"
What's a belching tax?

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
June 30, 9:06pm

Re: Re: "The Carbon Flame War"
25! 25! Do I win a prize?

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
June 30, 8:43pm

Re: freezing boots
just buy a set of expandable shoe trees, wet your boots well, put in the trees and expand, let dry.

In GEAR » freezing boots
June 30, 8:07pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: round and round and round...@Ben
I don't know. The political climate seems so anti-tax I'm not sure much of any tax increase is feasible in most states, even though they desperately need the money. I also heard a report...

In Chaff » Personal greenhouse emissions: procreation vs driving a hummer
June 30, 8:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am