Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4801 - 4810 of 7243 | Page: 1 ...472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 ...725

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Lazy Hanger
Karl, I attach the whoopie slings to the tree hugger straps with carabiners. Not the lightest system, but it works for me, and I don't have to mess around with any knots and such.

In Hammocks » Lazy Hanger Question
March 08, 7:54am

Re: Live in the Mid-Atlantic? - What degree bags do you use most after winter?
If I had to get one temp-rated bag/quilt for 3-season use around here, I'd go for a 30 degree bag/quilt (I use quilts). It can pretty easily get near 30 in spring and fall, as you know. For ...

In GEAR » Live in the Mid-Atlantic? - What degree bags do you use most after winter?
March 07, 8:47pm

Re: 2011 UL Gear List
"Neoair is a expansive and somewhat fragile piece of gear that is worth IMO keeping well protected. Where do you pack it in your pack?" I also just roll it up and pack it in the pack (...

In Gear Lists » 2011 SUL Gear List
March 07, 8:34pm

Re: Dogs and Poison Oak...
"Should I be worrying about bathing her right now?" From the picture I'd say you're concerned about the wrong sentient being getting bathed...... ;-) Most pups are pretty re...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Dogs and Poison Oak...
March 07, 7:34pm

Twisting the night away.....
------COMMERCIAL BREAK------ Feeling a little tense lately? Do most of your encounters suddenly bring out the disagreeable you? Does life just seem to be against you everywhere you turn? Are you...

In Gear Deals » Golite Huge Clearance - Up to 70% off, example 2008 Pinnacle $39
March 07, 7:26pm

Re: Re: Packa
I have an eVent Packa, have had it for quite some time now. I really like it, paired with a pair of Reed pants, in cold weather rain. Since the Packa is a jacket, you can also vent from the fron...

In GEAR » Rain jacket suggestions
March 07, 7:05pm

Re: Re: Re: If Ryan Jordan gets to talk to Steve Jobs
"I believe emails there are probably randomly read or pre-viewed by his staff." Jobs is actually pretty well known for reading, and at times replying, to his own email.

In Chaff » Ryan Jordan and Steve Jobs
March 07, 6:38pm

Re: From the MLD FaceBook Page
Cameron, it's kinda eerie how you're channeling Ron. When you start doing those old Greek dudes I'm gonna freak..... ;-)

In GEAR » MLD - New 2011 Gear
March 07, 5:59pm

Re: uncanny similarities
Ben, you're only seeing one angle. After looking at the other angles on MLD's website, I'd say the Cricket bears much more resemblance to the MLD Solomid than the zPacks Hexamid. Which,...

March 07, 3:41pm

Re: Re: MLD - New 2011 Gear
"So is there something wrong with BPL as a social site?" The funny looks I get when I'm carrying around my cuben backpack and pitching my cuben shelter and wearing 'sneakers...

March 07, 3:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am