BPL Community Profile

Kathleen B (rosierabbit) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Kathleen B has not added a biography yet.
CityStevens Pass
StateWashington

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kathleen B

Showing 481 - 490 of 546 | Page: 1 ...36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

Forum » Thread

Priming Pan as stabilizer
I've used the gram weenie on 2 different trips now and noticed the little priming pan also was a suitable stabilizer. I didn't need anything bigger. Since the pan lights the stove and kee...

In Make Your Own Gear » Gram Weenie stove
September 10, 1:15pm

Bandana User
...wiping the condensation off the tent, brushing out the debris from the tent, fly swatter, sling, snot rag (gross!), napkin, tablecloth, bib, ice pack, plus all the other ideas above .... It'...

In Multiple Use Gear » Sarongs, Bandannas, and 'Head tubes'
September 06, 3:35pm

granola v. muesli
I've made my own granola for years. It's mostly oatmeal with other stuff tossed in that I like. A few weeks ago I searched the web for muesli recipes - mostly oatmeal with other stuff tos...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Uncooked Oatmeal
September 06, 1:21pm

Minimus.biz
Ditto on minimus.biz. I've ordered from them several times, and they have all sorts of other goodies besides condiments. I hope they re-stock their cranberry sauce packets soon so I can use t...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Where can I get Mayo packets?
September 05, 1:28pm

gram weenie in real life
I put the gram weenie through its paces for six days last week in the Entiat mountains in Washington. It worked like a charm. The fuel efficiency was particularly appreciated, especially since I ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Gram Weenie stove
September 04, 1:29pm

Russell's recipe
I just made Russell's curried chicken curry recipe above, and it's great! I'm swapping out one of my mashed potato dinners for next week's trip and tucking this in instead. I need...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » couscous for dinner
August 22, 8:13pm

What career allows for time to hike?
Fred Beckey, a legendary climber in the Pacific Northwest, is credited with saying climbing, and in this case we could expand his comment to backpacking, is for the leisure class - which exists at ...

In Chaff » What career allows for time to hike? Help!
August 16, 1:35pm

TVP
I may try their small sample package of the 5 tvp flavors. I'm packing around a lot of scar tissue from using tvp in the 70's. We called it Terrible Vegetable Product. However, everythin...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Italian Dinner
August 07, 7:09pm

Italian dinner
Great idea, Sarah! I've opted to let harmonyhousefoods.com do my dehydrating for me. Their products are amazingly tasty, and their service can't be topped. I bought their vegetable pantr...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Italian Dinner
August 07, 4:33pm

Fuel Comparison Chart
Brett - if I'm reading your chart correctly, it looks like the break-even point for carrying alcohol fuel v. a gigapower cannister is about 11 or 12 uses of the system. Or did I get it wrong? ...

In GEAR » Alcohol stoves
August 01, 10:23pm

All Reader Reviews by Kathleen B

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Botach Tactical Customer Service
I had a similar experience to David's. They sent the inferior space blankets, rather than the correct order, took forever to send a return UPS shipping label, and only yesterday admitted to recei...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 07, 5:35pm

Boomer's Guide to Lightweight Backpacking by Carol Corbridge
I was very disappointed in this book. Luckily, I didn't buy it but had checked it out from the library. For starters, the book is in major need of copy editing. There are lots of awkward sent...

In Books and Media
May 28, 2:04pm

Backpacking Light Merino UL Pants
These do everything BPL promised - provide comfortable warmth without being bulky. I've worn them under non-winter hiking pants all winter, and they've extended the comfort range down to 7 de...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 25, 10:55am

Hikelight.com Company
I just discovered this website that is based in Oregon. It seems to be a distributor of some of our favorite brands - SixMoonDesigns, Tarptent, Montbell, GraniteGear, and Western Mountaineering. No ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 22, 9:39am

HarmonyHouseFoods.com vegetables and beans
I just received my second order of dehydrated food from Harmony House. First I bought the vegetable pantry stuffer - 16 different quart-sized containers of various dehydrated vegetables, and then a we...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
July 25, 9:08pm

Golite Paradox pants
I'm not sure whether to review these in raingear or softshell clothing, because they're both. They are all-day pants, rather than rain pants to pull on over hiking pants and are made of a fab...

In Clothing - Raingear
July 10, 1:11pm

Sealskinz gloves
I had the same experience as Brett. My non-waterproof gloves absorbed less water than these.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
July 10, 12:51pm

ULA Circuit
This pack was on backorder, but it came sooner than Brian said it would. I gave it a 2-day test this last weekend on a short backpacking trip in the Cascades. I was pleased that it was as comfortabl...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
March 06, 1:29pm