BPL Community Profile

Roger B (rogerb) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Here and there
About Me Mathematics and Teacher Educator been walking, on and off-track in many countries. My interest is in appreciating the outdoors, wherever I may be.
My Website URLhttp://www.nielsenbrownoutdoors.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Roger B

Showing 481 - 490 of 581 | Page: 1 ...40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59

Forum » Thread

Re: Base Layer
I use wool almost all of the time, either Ibex, Smartwool or Icebreaker. I think the most important thing for base layers is get as fine a wool as possible, my favorite at the moment is an IBEX 17 ...

In GEAR » Base Layer
February 09, 2:41pm

Re: Point and Shoot
Pentax Optio Wpi I have the 5 mp but now there is a 6mp. Great camera, light, easy to use. See a detailed review at Optio

In Photography » Point and Shoot
February 09, 2:10pm

To Warmlite or not
I have been wondering whether the Hilleberg Unna (for 1 person) is a better option, even though it is a bit heavier. Roger

In GEAR » Stephenson's Warmlite 2R or 2X
February 06, 4:45pm

Re: Miserable Environment: The Worst Conditions?
Ryan, sadly you eliminated the rest of the world in your post. I would suspect just getting your gear intact to some places would be a challenge. If you included Australia I would send you to So...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Miserable Environment: The Worst Conditions?
February 04, 4:18pm

BMW Stealth 0 PRO (6x8) Catenary Tarp
Sold Thanks for looking Roger

In Gear Swap » BMW Stealth 0 PRO (6x8) Catenary Tarp
February 02, 7:55pm

Re: Zoom Wars!
Just when I had decided which camera to buy, Olympus comes along and disturbs my thinking. I am still inclined to go down the Pentax K 10D path, not UL, but a great camera

In Photography » Zoom Wars!
January 25, 5:10pm

Welcome to the real world
As an Australian living and working (legally) in New York all I can say is welcome to the real world, where I get fingerprinted every time I enter the country. The only country in which I have been...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Passports
January 24, 8:30pm

Re: I'm curious about...
In NZ Possums are considered Vermin see possum pest or landcare You can then guess the rest. Roger

In GEAR » I'm curious about...
January 24, 2:30pm

Re: "Afternoon Canyon Snowstorm"
Wow, and the camera was?

In Photo Gallery » "Afternoon Canyon Snowstorm"
January 23, 6:53pm

Re: a backcountry latte maker
An iPod audiobook, yes, but then you will need extra batteries. Hang on. batteries are probably lighter than a book and they are multi use so maybe you are correct. Now all I need is the iPod, t...

In GEAR » Backpacker's "Gear Guide" just out
January 21, 4:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Roger B

Showing 1 - 10 of 28 | Page: 1 2 3

Review

Category

Backpacking Light Ti Esbit stove
It took me a while to start using the stove but now it is the only stove I will use when traveling light. Its light weight coupled with the ability to use with many different pots makes this a stand o...

In Stoves - Other
September 19, 12:45pm

PossumDown Gloves (BPL Gear Shop)
In fact these gloves are so good I always "baby" them a bit, even though it is unnecessary. The gloves work well in cooler and wet weather and I use them with trekking poles in cooler condit...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
January 25, 10:31am

Mountain Laurel Designs Grace Solo .97 Spinntex
This tarp is an example of the MLD teams great workmanship coupled with excellent design. Kevin has already described the tarp correctly, so all it is left for me to say is that it is a great piece...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
January 25, 9:58am

BackpackingLight.com
When it came to the need to change the delivery address from local to international for an impending delivery, there was no fuss. After a couple of emails the address was changed and the products arri...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 16, 12:50pm

C and C Outdoors
Yes I had hoped for a great deal on their Integral designs equipment, but in the end I gave up and went elsehwere (and paid more). I wanted the gear, not the stories,

January 24, 4:27pm

Pentax Optio WP
The Optio WP is always in my pocket on a trip. Its lightweight and reliability ensures that I get every photo I want. Coupled with a gorilla pod it enables me to extend the range of light in which I c...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
January 17, 6:45pm

Jolt Gum
For me the taste is non descript, maybe my taste buds have suffered from the coffee I drink in the Bodegas in NY. I use jolt in the afternoons when I am beginning to lose concentration, and am begi...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
December 12, 6:56pm

Patagonia Micro Puff Pullover
My micropuff is my go to Pullover and coupled with my possum fur vest has provided me with warmth and comfort into the teens. Additionally it packs small.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
December 09, 7:02pm

Rainy Pass (Gear Repair)
Whilst many of the readers of the site are very adept at repairing and making their own gear there are some who are not. I am one of them. As a consequence I have used Rainy Pass on 2 occasions, one t...

December 01, 7:36pm

IBEX Wool Liner Gloves
Light, warm and solid. These are the gloves I use when it is cold and windy, they are ideally suited for use with trekking poles and even when they are damp, they help to keep your hands warm. In s...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
December 01, 7:16pm