Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 481 - 490 of 743 | Page: 1 ...40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ...75

Forum » Thread

Fire danger
"My understanding on alky stoves, according to FS officials, you have to be able to turn it off. I've seen do-gooders tell me during extreme fire conditions in August, that it was family t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Alcohol Stoves a fire hazard?
February 09, 9:31pm

Fire danger
I wrote to the Forest Service bigwig during a fire ban last year stating the case for UL stoves being just as safe, if not safer, than other types of stoves. As a long time white gas stove user, I&...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Alcohol Stoves a fire hazard?
February 09, 3:08pm

WTB WM Versalite
My buddy is looking for a regular length WM Versalite in great shape. If you have one you'd like to sell, PM me and let me know the details and how much you'd like for it. Thanks.

In Gear Swap » WTB WM Versalite
February 09, 1:53pm

Anger
"I often encounter marrieds who are rousted with anger at individuals who make solid choices and live a life free of much, not all, responsibility. Always remember, your house, your children, ...

In Philosophy & Technique » How I Make a Living as an Adventurer
January 30, 10:43am

How do you store/organize your gear?
How do you store/organize your gear? I would have to say poorly. :) I do use the storage tubs but have not figured out an efficient way to do so. There's too much overlap. A number of things...

In GEAR » How do you store/organize your gear?
January 13, 7:14pm

Dogs
@mpl_35 "And you continue to ignore the damage your dogs do. They can introduce non native parasites and diseases. Not a good thing just so you can hike with a dog." What damage are ...

In Gear Lists » Going Backpacking for 2 years with my brother and my dog.
January 13, 7:01pm

Stuff
"In life: I'd like to have less stuff around. I fight a male-linked hoarding gene that runs in my family and seem to be getting the upper hand in part because my brother and uncle have gon...

In Philosophy & Technique » Minimalism
January 05, 10:38pm

Dogs
@willspower3 "More miles, more extreme conditions, and a longer duration than they are used to or designed to handle." For the most part, I'm with you David, And I haven't thru...

In Gear Lists » Going Backpacking for 2 years with my brother and my dog.
January 05, 10:12pm

Clone
"but probably isn't as secure as CP's original design on something this large. " Just curious: What did CP design? And what was original about it? What does your improved desig...

In Make Your Own Gear » My Caldera Clone
January 05, 9:39pm

Cat
That sounds more like something the cat would do. It always looks like something is up behind that cat stare.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » hiker tries to rescue dog, needs rescue himself
January 01, 12:38pm

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.