Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 481 - 490 of 805 | Page: 1 ...40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ...81

Forum » Thread

Amago
It's a used Amago in the forums: http://www.tenkarausa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2660

In Gear Swap » FYI: FS TenkaraUSA Amago for $120
May 04, 8:44pm

Fire bans
John, I'm glad you asked that as I had some information wrong. For all the fire bans, they really mean all stoves have to have an off switch although they are worded differently. And I'm...

In Gear Lists » Advice on CT Segment Hike
May 04, 1:59pm

CT
A few things: I'm not telling you what to do but the alky stove can not currently be legally used on those segments as both counties those segments go through are under a fire ban at this ti...

In Gear Lists » Advice on CT Segment Hike
May 03, 11:16am

Luxury
Slinglight chair for me. Just what my bad back needs after a day on the trail. "My other rediculously heavy stuff on some trips is my fishing gear on my hiking trips where fishing is a big ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The "naughty" heavy luxury items that you just don't wanna leave behind!
May 02, 4:51pm

Triangle
Edit: David made a good point about black bears up north of the lower 48 being more dangerous. Perhaps those should be treated like Grizzlies? I'll qualify my comments as being about black bear...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bears bears bears
April 28, 8:59pm

FS: Tarptent Rainshadow 2 - Sold!
Sold! 2 year old Tarptent Rainshadow 2. Around 15 nights in it. I seam sealed it and also did the silicone stripes on the floor. It's in great shape except for a tear on the bottom of th...

In Gear Swap » FS: Tarptent Rainshadow 2
April 26, 9:27pm

CC
"The firefly is a clean burner much like the emberlit in that regard." Those stoves don't leave soot on the pots? "IF I was going alcohol or Nesbit, it would seem the Cald...

In GEAR » Emberlit Wood stove vs everything else
April 26, 4:27pm

TT
Thanks Anna. @Brian That is how I feed the Ti-Tri but I don't do the long stick thing. I watched the video and I personally just don't see the advantage of using long sticks like th...

In GEAR » caldera ti tri sidewinder inferno vs firefly
April 26, 11:50am

Cons
Don't worry about the negative comments Devon. People on here are very opinionated, myself included, as you are about to see. :) But for the most part people have decided on the gear they like ...

In GEAR » caldera ti tri sidewinder inferno vs firefly
April 26, 10:35am

Thanks
Thanks Justin. Great to know. That's really early to do that loop. You must have have had the place practically all to yourself! At least a heck of a lot less people than a usual weekend. Ho...

In Post-Trip Reports » Lost Creek Wilderness (CO) Conditions Update
April 24, 10:31am

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.