Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 481 - 490 of 688 | Page: 1 ...40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ...69

Forum » Thread

Slinglight
+2 on the Slinglight. I liked the Monarch Butterfly when trying it out and was going to get it when I read about the Slinglight and went with it. It's nice to have a real chair to sit in at the...

In GEAR » Whats the lightest chair?
October 06, 6:49pm

Campfire
I usually have a small campfire because my preferred fuel for my Ti-Tri is wood. After the water is ready, I take the pot off and keep feeding it for a while for a little ambiance. The nice thing a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » camping= fire, why?
October 04, 8:42am

re: Just to be fair
"I cut a deal with my dog(s) that I carry their mat a 22"x36" CCF pad @ 5oz and I stick a few odds and ends in their pack. It just fits better on my pack and also protects my fishing...

In GEAR » Dog Beds in the backcountry
October 03, 1:40pm

re: Z-lite
I use a Z-lite cut down to 7 panels. The dogs will always curl up on it instead of dirt so they must like it. The only negative is I usually carry it as it hangs off the back of their packs and fla...

In GEAR » Dog Beds in the backcountry
October 03, 9:19am

Route to TH
Tony, I haven't gone that way so I asked my buddy who does. He says 24 to 77 (Tarryall Rd) to 211 to to 558 (short road to TH).

In Pre-Trip Planning » Water reliability and quality in McCurdy Park, Lost Creek Wilderness
September 29, 12:12pm

WM Alpinlite
I have the WM Alpinlite and love it. I got it because it's wider than the other WM 20 degree bag (Summerlite?) and I can turn inside it instead of it rolling with me. Works for me.

In GEAR » What are you thrashing, tossn' and turn'n sleepers sleeping in?
September 27, 3:09pm

Baloo
Sorry for the loss of your buddy Baloo, Jonathon

In Post-Trip Reports » The Colorado Trail - a Weminuche Alternative
September 22, 11:54am

Water
I may not be able to help much. I was only in Lake Park once early last year doing the Goose Creek Loop and I didn't see any water sources at all. That was before I switched to carrying less wa...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Water reliability and quality in McCurdy Park, Lost Creek Wilderness
September 21, 12:41pm

Narrows
I don't know how many are in your group but I strongly advise taking the Zion Adventure Company (there may be others) shuttle to the top of the Narrows. I think it's $35 per person. Around ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Zion overnight recommendation
September 21, 10:01am

Water
I was last there maybe 3 weeks ago? It is sketchy this time of year. Let me know which route you'll be taking and I can provide some details. Since grazing is allowed, I consider all water in L...

September 21, 8:38am

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.