Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 481 - 490 of 759 | Page: 1 ...40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ...76

Forum » Thread

S-L-X
For some reason I thought it was 50-50 but I could definitely be wrong on the mixture. The can was sitting right next to me on my work bench but it doesn't say. It does say: VAPOR HARMFUL. A...

In GEAR » Avoiding soot from alchy stoves?
March 12, 4:29pm

Alcohol
Thanks Travis. Burning alcohol? Yes. Everclear is quite a bit more expensive but it's worth it to me. Methanol is really nasty stuff. I use it for testing stoves as I'm not sitting aroun...

March 12, 3:52pm

Hmm
I don't know Randy, that seems kind of backwards to me. I went to a wood stove to save fuel weight, and carry a small amount of esbit or alcohol as a backup. If you're not going to use the ...

In GEAR » I am an Alcohol Convert!!
March 12, 11:52am

Cheaper version of Everclear?
"I use a cheaper version of Everclear. 190 proof booze." Travis, what is the cheaper version called? I didn't know there was anything 190 besides Everclear and never thought to ask...

March 12, 10:54am

Re: ugly hats.
Mike W., That's not an ugly hat and not what I think of as looking like an old man's fishing hat. This is: I think it's the floppy, bucket hat style. Seems like the better l...

In Philosophy & Technique » How you look when you go backpacking...
March 09, 6:01pm

Don't care except ...
I've always been a cap wearer until I had some skin cancer things removed from the sides of my head. So I got a floppy OR SOL sun hat and didn't care what I looked like. Until I started sho...

In Philosophy & Technique » How you look when you go backpacking...
March 09, 11:56am

SL3
I have no issues with the non-winter pitch. But I'll have to work on the winter pitch in the backyard a bit before trying it again in the field. A proper pitch will increase the room quite a bi...

In Winter Hiking » SL3 condensation
March 07, 4:20pm

Condensation
Thanks for the reply Eric. I think my problems mostly come from not understanding what to expect in winter conditions. I've done some reading and it sounds like some condensation is unavoidable...

In Winter Hiking » SL3 condensation
March 07, 5:00am

Canadian vs US black bears
Has anyone read any theories on why Canadian black bears are apparently more dangerous than U.S. black bears?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » "Bear Attacks" by Stephen Herrero
March 02, 1:47pm

SL2
Hey Dondo, you could always sell him yours. I haven't seen a trip report in quite a while so you must not be getting out much. :) You won't get down to $99 but he could buy the tent and ...

In GEAR » Golite flys and nests no longer available separately
March 01, 12:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.