Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 481 - 490 of 680 | Page: 1 ...40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ...68

Forum » Thread

Narrows
I don't know how many are in your group but I strongly advise taking the Zion Adventure Company (there may be others) shuttle to the top of the Narrows. I think it's $35 per person. Around ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Zion overnight recommendation
September 21, 10:01am

Water
I was last there maybe 3 weeks ago? It is sketchy this time of year. Let me know which route you'll be taking and I can provide some details. Since grazing is allowed, I consider all water in L...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Water reliability and quality in McCurdy Park, Lost Creek Wilderness
September 21, 8:38am

Re: tarping with a dog
Yep. I bring along one strong stake (as opposed to the needle types I otherwise use) when I'm using my Shangri-La 3 and hook his long lead to that. I'll do the same with the flat tarp. I...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tarp size for 1P and dog?
September 19, 12:00pm

PLB/Spot
"If they hadnt pulled the plb, even assuming they had extra food, and tried to wait it out ... A more costly sar search would have been triggered anyways when they were late, especially consid...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » rescued hikers
September 17, 8:50pm

Tarp size for 1P and dog?
I keep reading that 8x10 is the smallest size tarp to use without a bivy. What about for me and my dog. 75 lb Golden Retriever. He curls up on a cut down Zrest most of the time so that's anothe...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tarp size for 1P and dog?
September 16, 6:59pm

rainskirt
I'm not sure how helpful these pics will be Curtis but here they are. The length works fine for me as the bottom is just above my knee. They're mediums so length will change based on size, ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Dry duck rainskirt
September 10, 10:01am

E collar
"An E Collar is just an extension of your hand nothing more nothing less." I guess that would be true if your hand was capable of delivering an electric shock. I understand why peo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Being a responsible dog owner and backpacker - Dog training books/sites and advice.
September 10, 9:46am

rainskirt
My daughter modified mine and all she did was cut a straight line just above the bottom of the crotch and sewed the 2 front pieces together pulling the material in a bit as they edges were not 2 st...

In Make Your Own Gear » Dry duck rainskirt
September 08, 6:15pm

Ideas
My birthday is coming up as well. My wife's getting me a Houdini. I could also use a EX Light vest and a Tenkara rod but those are more than I'd ask the rest of the family for.

In GEAR » My B-day is coming...Gift ideas for a SUP guy to pass on to Family?
September 02, 8:04am

Bio
"Cool. From what I read, the production of fuel from corn is worse than burning fossil fuel by quite a bit." You're thinking of ethanol. Biodiesel is (usually) made from waste veg...

In Chaff » Where do you draw the line and how do you get your point across?
August 31, 4:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.