BPL Community Profile

Ryan Christman (radio_guy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale OH & AK
About Me Ryan Christman has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListZion Traverse 2013

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Christman

Showing 481 - 490 of 508 | Page: 1 ...32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Forum » Thread

Another WM Summerlite fan
Being somewhat slender and "cool" sleeper, I found the WM Summerlite to be a good choice for a 3-season bag. This great article confirms my research and findings. I have used the bag ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Three-Season Down Mummy-Style Sleeping Bags: State of the Market Report 2010
March 10, 10:15pm

Seam Sealing a Tarptent
I sealed up my Tarptent Moment. All went well with the silicone and mineral spirits. At first I was mixing it too thin and hardly nothing was left after drying. Thicker mixes seemed to work better....

In GEAR » Seam Sealing a Tarptent
March 10, 9:18pm

Seam Sealing a Tarptent
It sounds like the majority of users prefer the Silicone and mineral spirits. That is probably what I will go with because it guarantees the results I want when done right. Thanks to all who hav...

March 08, 8:35pm

Seam Sealing a Tarptent
Andy, I was not aware there were two kinds of GE silicone II. I have a tube of the BioSeal mold/mildew resistant that dries clear. Hopefully it will still work well. Joe, did you use thinned Per...

March 08, 9:18am

Seam sealing
This thread is getting interesting. I may hold off on sealing the Moment since we are all learning something here. Henry: What a fast reply! You must have some kind of alarm that goes off every ...

March 07, 11:51pm

Permatex vs. thinned silicon
I was not able to seal the tent today. Comments on here have me debating on what method to use though. Brett's method of using a caulking gun is interesting Tarptent recommends using the m...

March 07, 10:41pm

Re: Re: Sawyer and Carbon Filter
REI seems to have them in stock. The other night when I checked the site showed they were out of stock. About 6oz for a 0.1 micron gravity filter with carbon element seems much better than my 9o...

In GEAR » Sawyer SP122
March 07, 2:03pm

Do it right the first time
Looks like I may end up getting a container of mineral spirits.It could get expensive if I ended up using SilNet all the time for future use. May as well do it right the first time and have everyth...

March 07, 10:48am

Seam Sealing a Tarptent
I recently got a Tarptent Moment and need to seam seal it. The weather here is going to be in the 50's tomorrow so it will be a good day to do it. This will be my first time sealing anything. ...

March 06, 10:40pm

Sawyer and carbon filter
These Sawyer filters look interesting. Would pairing one up with a Katadyn carbon filter be ideal? It appears that these use the same technology as the MSR Hyperflow and Platypus Cleanstream. Ar...

In GEAR » Sawyer SP122
March 06, 10:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Christman

Ryan Christman has posted no reviews.