BPL Community Profile

Ryan Christman (radio_guy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Midwest U.S.
About Me Ryan Christman has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListZion Traverse 2013

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Christman

Showing 481 - 490 of 504 | Page: 1 ...32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Forum » Thread

Seam sealing
This thread is getting interesting. I may hold off on sealing the Moment since we are all learning something here. Henry: What a fast reply! You must have some kind of alarm that goes off every ...

In GEAR » Seam Sealing a Tarptent
March 07, 11:51pm

Permatex vs. thinned silicon
I was not able to seal the tent today. Comments on here have me debating on what method to use though. Brett's method of using a caulking gun is interesting Tarptent recommends using the m...

March 07, 10:41pm

Re: Re: Sawyer and Carbon Filter
REI seems to have them in stock. The other night when I checked the site showed they were out of stock. About 6oz for a 0.1 micron gravity filter with carbon element seems much better than my 9o...

In GEAR » Sawyer SP122
March 07, 2:03pm

Do it right the first time
Looks like I may end up getting a container of mineral spirits.It could get expensive if I ended up using SilNet all the time for future use. May as well do it right the first time and have everyth...

March 07, 10:48am

Seam Sealing a Tarptent
I recently got a Tarptent Moment and need to seam seal it. The weather here is going to be in the 50's tomorrow so it will be a good day to do it. This will be my first time sealing anything. ...

March 06, 10:40pm

Sawyer and carbon filter
These Sawyer filters look interesting. Would pairing one up with a Katadyn carbon filter be ideal? It appears that these use the same technology as the MSR Hyperflow and Platypus Cleanstream. Ar...

In GEAR » Sawyer SP122
March 06, 10:07pm

Travel Kit
I too have thought about the same kind of travel kit. A few things I always take are the same Columbia Silver ridge shirt, some good convertible hiking pants, and a decent hat. For a sleeping...

In Gear Lists » A new kind of list...
March 05, 9:03pm

Layering system
Thanks for the input on the Thermawrap Mike. The down inner jacket may also be more useful by extending the temperature of my W.M. 32deg. Summerlite (which is already plenty warm with just a shirt ...

In Gear Lists » New to lightweight backpacking
March 05, 8:43pm

Whistle, Boots, and venomous critters
The venom kit was one of the first items to go based off the recommendation of experienced desert hikers here. It is true that the Osprey pack has a whistle on the sternum strap. I find it is qu...

In Gear Lists » New to lightweight backpacking
March 04, 7:51pm

Contrail vs. Moment
Just to add along with Eric's post above: I just got my Tarptent Moment in the mail less than a week ago. Within a few minutes of it arriving, I had it out of the box and setting it up in a ...

In GEAR » TT Contrail
March 01, 7:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Christman

Ryan Christman has posted no reviews.