BPL Community Profile

Mark McLauchlin (markmclauchlin) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western Australia
About Me Avid hiker and light weight gear nut.
CityPerth
StateWestern Australia
CountryAustralia
My Website URLhttp://lightweighthikersblog.blogspot.com/
My PDF Gear ListBPL Gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mark McLauchlin

Showing 481 - 487 of 487 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Forum » Thread

Drafty
Hi Scott, Good job on the tarp and bug net. Would I assume you have the option to lower the height of the tarp? it does look a bit drafty even for a tarp. Some nice horizontal rain would l...

In Make Your Own Gear » Ray Jardine Tarp Kit Stow Bag
March 02, 4:16am

Black Cockatoo
Black Cockatoo - Coastal Plains Trail, Western Australia

In Photo Gallery » UL Creatures
March 02, 3:13am

Re: Re: Aussie coming to Houston
Thanks Jeremy, that's a shame to hear. Hopefully I can find something. Cheers

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Aussie coming to Houston
March 02, 2:02am

Aussie coming to Houston
Hi all, Hopefully I will be Houston later this year and wanting to know of any good spots to hike in the area or not too far from. Any links or info you might have from your experience would ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Aussie coming to Houston
March 01, 10:59pm

Footbox
Hi, I have a Ray Way Quilt, the end is simply sewn shut. When the quilt is spread out on the floor the end where the footbox is stands up vertically, however when you get your feet in there is ...

In Multiple Use Gear » Quilt footbox question
March 01, 8:01pm

Re: Which Bivy?
Hi Dave, Looking into Bivys myself, mainly in an attempt to drop some weight (isnt that why we are all here?) So far I like the TI Goat range for the price and positive reviews. I also have a...

In GEAR » Which Bivy?
March 01, 6:22pm

Garmin 60csx
I carry a Garmin 60csx, full colour screen and top maps. This isnt the lightest thing to be carrying but I really enjoy the calculations it provides (altitude, kms/h, distance travelled to name ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What do you use for navigation?
March 01, 6:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Mark McLauchlin

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Ray Way quilt one person - standard
I purchased the Ray Quilt after reading several reviews on the internet and felt at the time for the money this was a good choice in my UL attempt. I found the hardest part of the project, like oth...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
March 17, 6:18am