Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Eric Noble (ericnoble) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Colorado Rockies
About Me I'm 45 years old, 6'4" and 195 lbs. I've backpacked in the Colorado Rockies, the Wasatch and Uinta mountains, and in Zions National Park. I mountain bike in the Colorado Rockies. I've kayaked in Yellowstone and on Flaming Gorge, and rafted the Green, Colorado and Snake rivers. My trips are usually a week long or less. I love to hike wherever I can. I'm an Assistant Scout Master and I'm often out with the Scouts. My immediate goal is to thru-hike the Colorado trail. I've lived in Utah, Ohio, Illinois, Argentina, California, and Colorado.
CityAurora
StateColorado
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Eric Noble

Showing 481 - 490 of 490 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Forum » Thread

Re: List for Santa Cruz Mountain winter trip
Like Ken, I look forward to hearing how it goes.

In Gear Lists » List for Santa Cruz Mountain winter trip
January 28, 2:18pm

Re: Re: List for Santa Cruz Mountain winter trip
On the cost of wool. It does cost more up front. I have found that it lasts longer and is more functional than other choices which makes it worth it for me. I wear Smartwool socks and Ibex wool bri...

January 28, 2:12pm

Re: UL Hammocking in cold
Before you do anything, check out the No Snivler at Jacks 'R' Better. They are made to fit the hammock and the service and quality are top notch. I think being able to use it as a down poncho aro...

In GEAR » Warm Hammocking and UL-- Oxymoron?
January 28, 9:16am

Re: Warm Hammocking and UL-- Oxymoron?
I have the same question. I just aquired 2 JacksRBetter No Snivler Long quilts (22 oz each) that will hopefully provide the answer. I haven't had the chance to try them yet accept in my basement....

In GEAR » Warm Hammocking and UL-- Oxymoron?
January 27, 2:58pm

Re: Re: Re: 1.5 ounce wind shell
I just wanted to put in my 2 cents about Kenosha pass. I mountain biked over the pass and down into the South Park area in the fall 2 seasons ago and had a great time. Coming back over the pass, ...

In GEAR » 1.5 ounce wind shell
January 26, 4:26pm

Re: Henry Coe SP Gear List
I am jealous. I once lived in Gilroy which is just south of Morgan Hill. It is a beautiful area. When I would drive past Morgan Hill the smell of mushroom compost would give it away. The smell ...

In Gear Lists » Henry Coe SP Gear List
January 26, 3:54pm

I just notice one more thing. I now use Aqua Mira for water treatment.

January 26, 1:01pm

Re: Re: Re: List for Santa Cruz Mountain winter trip
I lived in Gilroy ( south of San Jose ) about 7 years ago when the effects of El NiƱo were particularly bad. Houses were sliding down the hills. I am personally very fond of wool, it is very...

January 26, 12:33pm

Include what you will be wearing so we can get the full skin-out view. What are your socks made of? What is the length of your trip? I am sure you know this but a scale will be very useful for y...

January 26, 8:14am

Re: UNDERWEAR (Boxers/Briefs)
I would also recommend the Ibex Breezer Briefs. I've been wearing them 5 days a week for about a year. They are warm when its cool and cool when its warm. It is not very humid here in Colorado b...

In GEAR » UNDERWEAR (Boxers/Briefs)
November 01, 8:10am

All Reader Reviews by Eric Noble

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Ibex 17.5 Polo
DESCRIPTION: For when a T-shirt is simply not enough of a statement, we offer class...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
April 22, 12:10pm

Ibex Climawool Glove
Here's the slightly edited description and specs from the Ibex web site. ...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
March 22, 10:00am

Ibex Hooded Shak
This is the perfect base layer for downhill skiing. The versatility of a hoody with thumb sleeves is unmatched. Hooded Shak

February 08, 10:36am

Thru-Hiker.com
I ordered a 5.5" x 7.5" sheet of 0.016 inch 6Al4V titanium from Thru-Hiker. This is a custom size not shown on the website. Talking with Ayce was a pleasure and quite helpful in completing my project....

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:52am

Smartwool Shadow Hoody
The Smartwool Shadow hoody is essentially a Smartwool Zip-T with a hood and cuff thumb holes. The fabric weight of the two garments is the same, 195g. My size large weighs 12.7 ounces on my scale. As ...

November 02, 6:24pm