BPL Community Profile

Chris S (csteutterman) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Chris S has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListUltimate JMT Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris S

Showing 481 - 490 of 588 | Page: 1 ...40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59

Forum » Thread

Re: rockslides
I went that same route last labor day weekend and didn't have too much trouble finding the trail....maybe about 5 minutes of thinking we may have gone the wrong way then saw the trail and smoot...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » yosemite mid-june 2011
April 26, 1:36pm

FS: I/O Bio Merino Hoody and Contact 1 LS Zip Top
bump

In Gear Swap » FS: I/O Bio Merino Hoody and Contact 1 LS Zip Top
April 26, 9:45am

Re: Anyone have a suggestion for a screw top bowl/water bottle?
What about something like this? I have something similar that's under an ounce without lid and the lid is about 1/2 ounce. http://www.amazon.com/Ziploc-Twist-Containers-Lids-Small/dp/B000LN...

In GEAR » Anyone have a suggestion for a screw top bowl/water bottle?
April 25, 11:58pm

Re: Bear bag system for Oregon/SW Washington areas
another option is the ZPacks Blast food bag. it's light, not too expensive and apparently rodent resistant. (scroll to the bottom) http://www.zpacks.com/accessories/stuff_sacks.shtml

In GEAR » Bear bag system for Oregon/SW Washington areas
April 25, 9:47pm

Re: MLD Burn pack
PM sent. Interested depending on size.

In Gear Swap » MLD Burn pack
April 25, 9:44am

FS: I/O Bio Merino Hoody
moved to new posting

In Gear Swap » FS: I/O Bio Merino Hoody and Contact 1 LS Zip Top
April 24, 7:19pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pack reccomendation for JMT
Thanks for the detailed reply, Brad. My gear list is very similar to what you listed, so the Gorilla should be fine. As a side note, did you find the merino hoody worthwhile for your trip? The...

In Gear Lists » Pack reccomendation for JMT
April 22, 11:57am

Re: Re: Re: Annapurna Circuit Questions
Thanks Bob. So October would have more tea houses open than November would, but also a lot more people competing for space at those tea houses? As far as bringing a tent goes, are there plenty of...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Annapurna Circuit Questions
April 22, 11:49am

Re: Re: Re: Pack reccomendation for JMT
Thanks guys. I did look at the vapor trail as well, but it just wasn't for me. Brad, I'll have the BV500 as well. Did you have much trouble packing the rest of your gear inside the pac...

In Gear Lists » Pack reccomendation for JMT
April 21, 5:40pm

Re: Annapurna Circuit Questions
Anyone have any idea how hard it is to find a place to stay in the villages if getting there later in the day? Is it worthwhile to bring a tent as a backup in case all places are full in a particu...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Annapurna Circuit Questions
April 21, 5:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Chris S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Six Moons Designs 2011 Swift
I bought this pack (along with the optional Hoop Stay and Wing Belt) intending to use it for trips that required a bear canister. The light weight, capacity to fit a bear canister and option to add t...

In Backpacks - Frameless
December 27, 12:46pm