Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Brendan Swihart (brendans) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Fruita CO
About Me Brendan Swihart has not added a biography yet.
CountryUnited
My Website URLhttp://outlivingblog.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brendan Swihart

Showing 481 - 490 of 622 | Page: 1 ...40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ...63

Forum » Thread

thinner ti foil
Suluk46 has .003"

In Make Your Own Gear » Titanium for windscreen, pot support.
August 03, 8:21am

from Ed Abbey
one of many... "One final paragraph of advice: Do not burn yourself out. Be as I am-a reluctant enthusiast... a part time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves...

In Chaff » words of wisdom
July 28, 8:50am

Re: 2011 Wilderness Classic race report
Wow. Awesome accomplishment. I also have to give you props for having one of the most consistently high quality, thoughtful outdoor blogs on the web.

In Post-Trip Reports » 2011 Wilderness Classic race report
July 28, 8:35am

I'll take 5
for 75

In Gear Swap » FS: Nylofume Bags, Round 2
July 26, 10:13pm

Re: Sewing a Quilt Questions
A few tips: -use the smallest needle you can (microtex sharp 60/8 is what I prefer) and good thread (gutterman is fine). The right needle and thread combo can make a huge difference. -M90 is eas...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sewing a Quilt Questions
July 22, 12:05pm

Re: 2.75 ounce cooking setup... any ideas to lighten it up a bit more??
You could use a Fosters mug (1.1 oz) and a tealight stove (less than a gram? doesn't even register on my scale, which is the same one you use in the video).

In GEAR » 2.75 ounce cooking setup... any ideas to lighten it up a bit more??
July 22, 7:25am

Re: Socks for light weight breathable shoes ??
Darn Tough merino mesh for me. Nice and thin and surprisingly durable. If you have good fitting shoes, you can use very thin socks with no blisters and they dry a lot quicker than a cushioned sock.

In GEAR » Socks for light weight breathable shoes ??
July 21, 7:51am

Re: Non baggy, finely sized pants recommendation
Patagonia Sol Patrol are in 1" increments, aren't baggy, and are super light. I love mine. Patagonia usually has cosmetic seconds for pretty cheap and I haven't been able to find any...

In GEAR » Non baggy, finely sized pants recommendation
July 20, 10:20am

Re: Which (non Gortex) Inov8 is best for (narrow-footed) backpacking?"
I've used 315s, 212s, and I'm now using 285s. I have pretty narrow feet. The 315s were way too much shoe for me, but if you're transitioning from boots you might like them. You might...

In GEAR » Which (non Gortex) Inov8 is best for (narrow-footed) backpacking?
July 11, 8:55am

Re: Where to buy quickclips?
http://www.summithut.com/products/slik-clip/ the ones with clips on both sides are called siamese slik clips if that's what what you're looking for.

In Make Your Own Gear » Where to buy quickclips?
July 10, 2:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Brendan Swihart

Brendan Swihart has posted no reviews.