BPL Community Profile

Brendan Swihart (brendans) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Fruita CO
About Me Brendan Swihart has not added a biography yet.
CountryUnited
My Website URLhttp://outlivingblog.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brendan Swihart

Showing 481 - 490 of 601 | Page: 1 ...40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ...61

Forum » Thread

Re: MLD grace duo taught pitch?
the ridgeline should be taught before sides are staked out. stake out the back, pull ridgeline taught, stake front corners. Here's a video from GG on pitching the spinntwin; same idea. http:...

In GEAR » MLD grace duo taught pitch?
June 30, 10:42am

Re: South San Juan Wilderness, Conejos River
I was almost going to be the same place this weekend but will be up a little farther north (shorter drive after work tomorrow)...I think around 40 sounds right. Check out hillmap.com and you can c...

In Post-Trip Reports » South San Juan Wilderness, Conejos River
June 29, 3:18pm

Re: Re: MYOG cuben cat tarp
Correct; 10' ridgeline with 4" deflection at the center. Same on the sides. I used Roger's spreadsheet to do the curves. I taped the center ridgeline first with the 3M tape and then...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG cuben cat tarp
June 27, 1:01pm

ridgeline tieout
I'm also planning on adding grommets to the webbing...

June 27, 11:43am

MYOG cuben cat tarp
This was actually an 8x10 flat tarp first but after a couple gusty trips I decided I wanted a tighter pitch. .75oz cuben. Final weight is 6.6 oz. sides and ridgeline have about 4" deflectio...

June 27, 9:50am

dark/light colored clothing
Black clothing that's loose fitting and breathable can actually be as cool as white clothing. Dark colors absorb more heat, but they also absorb more heat from your body and give off heat fast...

In GEAR » Brainfart....bought dark grey wicking shirt. Should I return it, or not that big a deal?
June 26, 4:20pm

Re: MLD News June 2011- Goodbye Spinntex- we loved you...
I'm excited to hear about the M55...the DWR on the M50 wasn't very good...

In Gear Deals » MLD News June 2011- Goodbye Spinntex- we loved you...
June 25, 12:04am

Re: Re: Anodizing local or ship it?
speaking of looks on their face, imagine taking an empty foster's can into a metal shop and asking them to anodize it...

In Make Your Own Gear » Anodizing Aluminum
June 24, 4:47pm

Re: Please help me choose a Cuben Fiber tarp
I recently made a cuben tarp and after much deliberation went with the .75. My reasoning was mostly because of how windy and gusty it can be at times where I spend most of my time (high desert/CO ...

In GEAR » Please help me choose a Cuben Fiber tarp
June 24, 11:25am

Re: New Cuben Backpack
excellent work! the closure is awesome.

In Make Your Own Gear » New Cuben Backpack
June 23, 5:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Brendan Swihart

Brendan Swihart has posted no reviews.