Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Warren Greer (WarrenGreer) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SoCal
About Me Warren Greer has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Warren Greer

Showing 481 - 490 of 700 | Page: 1 ...40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ...70

Forum » Thread

Portions are undersized
I'm a small guy and eat fairly small portions. But the MH meals are just small. I need a meal for two people. It is not hard to finish that portion. But for me it is enough. I could see bigger ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Repackaging Freeze Dried / Dehydrated Meals,Technique & Practice
June 13, 6:52pm

Wow!
I finally got the chance to take a look at this. And boy I'm glad I did. You soft Englishmen! Ha. Regardless of the name of this site, you guys are awesome. Thanks for wanting to share it with ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Across Iceland by Packraft
June 11, 8:46pm

Nap!
I may have rested in my tent before, but never a nap while on the trail. That's a great idea. I'll have to give it a try. Finished my book this last and enjoyed it quite a bit. Thanks Mike!

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Tip of the Week
June 11, 8:06pm

Salomon again
I have a pair of XA Comp 5s (mesh and no gortex). They are regular to narrow in the mid foot to the heel and have lots of room in the toe box for swelling feet. These shoes really cradle your feet ...

In GEAR » Can anyone recommend light weight trail shoes which run narrow?
June 10, 8:41pm

Interesting pack
They might as well make the stays a bit stronger so it can carry loads even better. It's not like its the UL king, but then it isn't trying to be. There are others here who have bought this...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hyperlite Mountain Gear Windrider Backpack Review
June 07, 11:41pm

Yep
No ULA Ohm in the SOTM Internal Frame report. Wouldn't mind reading about that choice. Seems like a good pack that shouldn't have been left out. -Also, great and informative report Will. Ca...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Frameless Backpacks State of the Market Report 2011: Part 1 – Choosing and Using a Frameless Pack
June 05, 11:40pm

Re: Re: Lightest socks?
Anna, I like those socks. They may be too light (lacking in padding), but I'm gonna give them a try. I've been experimenting with socks lately. I have bought a pair of REI 1/4 hikers, a ...

In GEAR » Lightest socks?
June 02, 8:59pm

Yep
Danny, you wrote "and traveling lost its appeal as soon as she opted out" and I totally agree. I don't hike with my spouse because she is unable, but I do hike with friends and I sure...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Global Test III: Trekking in Russia
May 27, 8:15pm

Not sure
I've got the Sahara. Great shirt. Seems pretty similar to the Columbia shirt. Anyway, the Sahara breaths nice and blocks the sun and skeeters. And its a bit cheaper than some of the others.

In GEAR » Advice on choosing a hiking shirt?
May 25, 9:05pm

Mmm, apples to ....
The flash is a nice looking garment, but at 9 oz, its a bit heavier than the UL Down and allot heavier than the EXL. Really, it just comes down to how much warmth you need. Where I live, and for th...

In GEAR » Montbell UL Down Inner Jacket
May 25, 8:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Warren Greer

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hermits Hut
I called a few different shops and decided that I'd do business with Hermits Hut. It was a really easy transaction. I called and Bob, the owner, answered. I asked about stock and they had one left...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 19, 8:37pm